Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 22:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Verna and Magnum won't impress you with their on street manners that you're used to in your fiesta. The only car this side of 20 big ones that have a fair chance are the Cedia and Laura. The latter would have been a great choice if only Skoda's service, spares and reliability wasn't as bad as it is.

I'd say try the Cedia. The stock tyres suck though - be sure to give it a tyre and maybe even a suspension upgrade if you decide to get one.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 12th August 2009 at 22:14.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

My vote is for Cedia. I love the awesome handling coupled with great ride comfort and features. I have not driven a Fiesta.

I agree with Unni that a diesel makes sense for your usage.
Old 13th August 2009, 00:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

AHHHH... another one.. Lets see who wins here.. My vote definately goes for cedia sports..

With more than 3k replies I am sure you know more than most of us...or atleast me I guess...still I will add my 2 words.. since you already have a fiesta its better to have a new car now..but just for the sake of new car it souldn't be a new car.. it sould be a mitsubishi..so cedia it is.. but please bear in mind that the resale is really bad.. plus the model is now old as well.. the new lancer which has already made its way in most countries world wide in 2007 should come to India soon (was to be launched around April 2009, dont know what went wrong).. also its very difficult to guess in case of a company like HM working for Mitsui..so If resale isnt a problem and you are ok with this most underrated car in its segment.. go for cedia..its the best among the lot..handlling, stability, braking, gear shift, seating, good looks and everything..sheer driving pleasure... plus all the features including double din with navigation system, climate contol, leather seats, momo steering, sports pedals, side skirts and spoiler etc etc at just 9.90 lacs ex showroom is pure Value for Money.

secondly, you can either go for Laura TPI or wait for the Laura RS which should make its way in 2010. However, reliability can be an issue in case of Skoda plus having read the bad experiences of BHPians with Skoda, I would say stay away from it.

Last but not the least, you may consider the civic, I know that cedia's driving pleasure, handelling and gearshift is better than civic, but still its a good car to drive.. the engine loves to be revved and the brand value is much better than the cedia.. also it has a better resale value... However, the car has low ground clearance, steering is stiff and the suspention is very soft.. rear seats are also very low.. Overall a good car with a Honda badge.. so you wont go wrong..

So a decision from Heart would be Cedia and a decision from mind would be a civic..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th August 2009 at 00:50.
Old 13th August 2009, 03:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

I would say the Cedia primarily for the sake of a change after 4+ years of ownership but the only major downfall I would foresee is very poor resale of the Cedia. Where does that figure on your list of priorities?

I had the Laura TSI on test for a few days last month and was quite impressed with the performance. Drove well, was fast and decent fun and the suspension setup was excellent. Downsides were virtually no toys, expensive (14L on-road Delhi), fuel guzzler (6 kmpl in my hands) and of course Skoda themselves.
Old 13th August 2009, 08:01   #20
BHPian

Voted for Cedia Sports.
The stock form needs a change on the tyre front (PP2 would be a perfect upgrade for the car).

With the stock tyres, straight line performance is not great.
Once you take the car to winding roads, the chasis comes alive.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

I somehow had a feeling you guys would scream "Cedia" & that's what the poll says!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
But, why not a Scorpio!!!
Ya, right Unni!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Verna and Magnum won't impress you with their on street manners that you're used to in your fiesta. The only car this side of 20 big ones that have a fair chance are the Cedia and Laura. The latter would have been a great choice if only Skoda's service, spares and reliability wasn't as bad as it is.
ROC, thanks for summing it up nicely, exactly my thoughts as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
If resale isnt a problem and you are ok with this most underrated car in its segment.. go for cedia..its the best among the lot..handlling, stability, braking, gear shift, seating, good looks and everything..sheer driving pleasure... plus all the features including double din with navigation system, climate contol, leather seats, momo steering, sports pedals, side skirts and spoiler etc etc at just 9.90 lacs ex showroom is pure Value for Money.
I agree - it appears to be real VFM & I've never bought my cars (call me stupid) with resale value in mind. Would have lost out heavily on the "fun" side if I had!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would say the Cedia primarily for the sake of a change after 4+ years of ownership but the only major downfall I would foresee is very poor resale of the Cedia. Where does that figure on your list of priorities?
You know me - go for it & hang the resale! Faced it with the Ikon 1.6, don't know what's in store with the Fiesta so....I'm a sucker for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Well,check out his Rs/km expense on the Fiesta. Skoda wont come near. And Skoda is too old and Suman is a senior member here and would have seen all funny threads about Skoda.
Bingo JKD, thanks for sumarizing it so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
ANHC is definitely worth considering. Forget about the bad talk about the car and give a test drive. It is a fast, well rounded family sedan, which would keep everybody happy.
PS: I noted your requirement for Alloys and Leather. Could be sourced outside without hassle
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
As WhiteKnight suggested, try test driving ANHC. You never know what you will fall in love with.
Somehow, that arrowshot appearance doesn't grab me at all. Yes, that I-vtec engine is good, no doubt. Also, I've always preferred going for a fully-loaded company outfitted model & that's where the ANHC will be found wanting when compared to the Cedia Sports & the Fiesta - no alloys, no leather, no fog lamps (essential in the NCR), no rear spoiler. No Climate Control & Rear Discs either - I can live without them in a 7 lac car like the Fiesta but not something which is in excess of 9 lacs. So, a TD will figure in my list but I don't see it turning into anything more.....

Keep 'em coming guys, I really appreciate your inputs! Oh & yes, I would like to keep the ex-showroom price to below 10 lacs........

Last edited by suman : 13th August 2009 at 10:19.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:25   #22
BHPian

Logical - Cedia Sport

Outsiders - Linea ???
Old 13th August 2009, 10:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Logical - Cedia Sport

Outsiders - Linea ???
Dude, for someone looking for a driver's car, suggesting him a Linea is no different from suggesting him a Tata Nano or Maruti Alto (no offense to these two excellent cars).

@Suman- I have a feeling you'll go with Cedia or maybe Civic. Both are excellent cars- Civic a little less brash but has a nice overall package. Who knows this is just what you'll fall in love with!

Last edited by greenh0rn : 13th August 2009 at 10:33.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:39   #24
JVH
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be Cedia Sports without the stickers. I haven't driven one (driven the lancer) but drool all the time whenever I look at it. If it is anything close to the old lancer (drivability, ride, handling et al), the sports it is. Plus it is loaded with all the gizmos which is precisely what you want.

Actually, Suman there isn't much to ponder because its closest competitor is Fiesta and since you have already have one, your choice is much more easier.

BTW, Civic is a better bet for a test drive than the ANHC.

All the best!

Last edited by JVH : 13th August 2009 at 10:40.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Suman, I feel pretty sure you're not going to buy a Fiesta all over again. And you've pretty much sold your heart to the Cedia, VFM and resale value be damned (else you'd have got a Honda or Toyota!). You're not looking for out-and-out linear acceleration (where the Verna and Optra Magnum take all the awards), but considering factors such as road presence and handling. At 20k km per annum, you're not too worried about running costs either, else you'd have definitely considered diesel first (a Fusion??). You already have the Safari, so another SUV/MUV doesn't attract you. The budget is 10L, so a higher-end car like the Laura or Civic or Sonata Transform are out of the list ( in any case you are not too enthusiastic about the Skoda brand).

So, summing up, go for the Cedia. What are you waiting for? The i30?
Old 13th August 2009, 11:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So, summing up, go for the Cedia. What are you waiting for? The i30?
LOL, good analysis Doc. Lets just say that I am looking for out & out acceleration but not at the cost of stability & handling.

I'm just waiting for the magical four year mark to pass before I say Goodbye to the Fiesta - after all, she's still doing very well.

Who knows, Ford may even bring in a new sedan by then......

Last edited by suman : 13th August 2009 at 11:11.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:50   #27
BHPian

My vote for Cedia Sports. I was looking at the same lot of cars: Fiesta, ANHC, Optra & have decided on Cedia Sports.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Would vote for Cedia Sports, but somehow I liked the version before the recent "facelift". The stickers look yech and I miss the smoked headlamps.
Slap on some nice tyres (PP2s preferably) and you got a lovely car to drive which is comfy, loaded with goodies and much more spacious than a Fiesta.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ya, right Unni!
Thought as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Lets just say that I am looking for out & out acceleration but not at the cost of stability & handling.
Cedia won't give you that kind of an out and out acceleration. For that you will have to look at the new Laura with TSi engine, I think it has a sub 9sec 0-100kmph (read it in some auto magazine).
Old 13th August 2009, 15:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Suman Ji - I would not recommend both the cars as the Cedia is going to be 10.5 L OTR at least I am told.

The Fiesta is a good car BUT why do you want to sell the old one and then buy another one ? In today's world of so many choices - why do that ??

I would suggest only 1 car - Toyota Corrolla Altis !! I drove the new one last night and was completely blown away by it's driving manners, interiors, looks, steering - everything. It's a complete package.

And the Mid Model ( has everything except Leather ) would cost you around 11.5.

Please do consider this car. It definitely is my next sedan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed