Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
IMO, once you are used to feel of Ford(Europe) cars, it is dificult to like typical Japanese cars. They have amazing steering, very good body control, tough build and very responsive engines. Wish they had launched Ford Focus which would have been the real worthy upgrade for you.

I have no experience with Cedia but remember reading ACI report which said they were were disappointed with the car considering it's rally lineage.
ACI rated Ford Endeavour having better back seat ride quality than the Paj. I take everything ACI says with a pretty big pinch of salt.

Have driven the fiesta S quite extensively and to be honest, it rolls more than my car and isn't as much fun either.
Old 4th September 2009, 01:52   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

How about saving a bit more, perhaps using the fiesta for one more year, and increasing the budget slightly?
This would bring in the Chevy Cruze, with that superb diesel!
Old 4th September 2009, 09:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This would bring in the Chevy Cruze, with that superb diesel!
From what I'm hearing, its going to be majorly overpriced.........
Old 4th September 2009, 09:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
From what I'm hearing, its going to be majorly overpriced.........
Could be initially, but given GM's traditional record, also may go into major discounts (six figures) soon.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Could be initially, but given GM's traditional record, also may go into major discounts (six figures) soon.
+1, Also as GM will be facing a direct compeition with Honda, Skoda and Toyota in the price range cruze is offered, chances are less of turning it into a latest buzz.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Oh I will definitely take a close look at it if that happens
Old 4th September 2009, 10:28   #67
BHPian

My choice: The Cedia Sports!

After all, what do you expect from a guy who's practically lived in the car for 10 days and drives one everyday.

Seriously though, I believe it's a great car that has gotten missed out by the general populace thanks to HM's shoddy efforts at marketing and the lack of focus/investment in the brand. Yes, it has sold less but that has nothing to do with the product but everything to do with the company.

What stands out most about the Cedia (which hasn't been brought up so far) is the rock-solid reliability that Mitsu gives you. Everyone who owns a Lancer and Cedia would agree on this fact, rarely do you hear a Mitsu owner complain about unreliability in the car and maintenance costs. With the recent cost-cutting on the service parts, the overall cost of maintenance has also come down by a huge extent.

Everyone's already spoken about the goodies in the car, and they're a great add on to the car. In the 3379kms I drove during the driving challenge, my partner got to drive only 133kms and even now I very rarely give the wheel to anyone else. This car is addictive fun to drive!

I could go on and on about the car, but if you have time you can read up about my short-review of this car here. It's a bit long but it takes you through most of the car, including most of its shortcomings - there are quite a few also.

Cheers and safe driving!
Payne
Old 4th September 2009, 11:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

@ payne.. long time sirjee.. Hows the blackhawk doing, I am sure your loving it. Also, why not share your experience and pictures of the driving challenge.

@Guna.. Sir I havent driven the fiesta, but certainly have driven the ikon 1.6, its a good car with decent steering, good body control and excellent built..I must say excellent built with a responsive engines. But I guess you havent driven the lancer..yes the lancer, steering is better than ikon, body control is excellent but built you can say isnt that great as ikon, still its not bad.

However, unlike most Japanese cars, cedia is one car that scores 100 out of 100 in built quality. Its very very strong, the moment you sit in the car you can say its not a japanese built.. but fortunately it is with a mitsui badge.. so you are talking about sheer drving pleasure, excellent handling, excellent body control, and damn good reliability along with excellent built quality. Most of us owing a cedia would know what I am talking about, the sound and the feel of that thud when you sit in the car and close the door, the moment you release the pedal and as our cedias move forward the strong build could be felt. this is never felt in civic or the ANHC or the SX4 or the corolla. I can say this because I have driven all of them (STRICKLY MY OPINION). the only thing is that the ride is a bit bumpy as compared to the rivals civic, corolla or the ANHC. But that is because the suspention is stiff as its a drivers car. Furthermore, High speed stability is best in class, its good in civic as well but thecar losses ground on not so good roads which is where the cedia scores much more than any of its rivals.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th September 2009 at 11:25.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Suman if I were in your shoes, the Cedia sports would be my pick. I haven't read through the complete thread, however test drive in case you never did. Before picking up my Scorp' I test drove the Cedia sports version and was left in awe by the sheer thrill of driving this car.

IMO you already have had your time with the Fiesta go for the Cedia worth the money you spend. And if you were to give us the benefit of the poll for this thread , CEDIA it is.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Before picking up my Scorp' I test drove the Cedia sports version and was left in awe by the sheer thrill of driving this car.
Thanks Riju, I will keep your experience in mind & the Cedia Sports is on the top of my liast at the moment......
Old 4th September 2009, 15:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Dada,

no SKODA please, so you can buy anything else. period
but Cedia Sports looks to quite fav among T-BHPians and i think it should be considered and test driven seriously.

cheers
Old 4th September 2009, 16:11   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
no SKODA please, so you can buy anything else. period
Goes without saying!!
Old 6th September 2009, 21:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
However, unlike most Japanese cars, cedia is one car that scores 100 out of 100 in built quality. Its very very strong, the moment you sit in the car you can say its not a japanese built..
Can vouch for that. I was rear ended twice - once on the highway and once recently in whitefield - both times for no fault of mine. In both cases, the car that crashed into me had massive damage to its front and was unable to start again. The first time all I suffered was a cracked bumper. The second time all I got was a scratch on the bumper . I have *absolutely* no qualms in saying its the best built Japanese car sold in India by a country mile!
Old 10th September 2009, 14:15   #74
BHPian

why not the pulling power of S ?
Old 10th September 2009, 15:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The requirements are very simple actually -
  • Fun to Drive, an out & out driver's car
  • Good Ride comfort (rear seats)
  • ABS, EBD & Airbags
  • Alloys
  • Leather
  • Decent ICE.
First choice:
ANHC!
It meets your most of your requirements, and within your budget too. Extremely comfy front and rear seats, good power, reasonable A.S.S., and so on.

A distant Second choice: Another Fiesta (excellent except its cramped rear seat, and why would you replace a Fiesta with another one?)

A majority here seems to be favouring Cedia, but not me... for its not so good rear seat comfort (compared to ANHC), the very fast dwindling sales (monthly sales now in two digit figures), mitsubishi's patchy A.S.S., and a much higher upkeep cost.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks