Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 11:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
First choice:
ANHC!
It meets your most of your requirements, and within your budget too. Extremely comfy front and rear seats, good power, reasonable A.S.S., and so on.

A majority here seems to be favouring Cedia, but not me... for its not so good rear seat comfort (compared to ANHC), the very fast dwindling sales (monthly sales now in two digit figures), mitsubishi's patchy A.S.S., and a much higher upkeep cost.
Cedia is a segment Sir, and is normally compared to civic and the altis. it may fit in between the ANHC and the Civic but when some ones to make a decision between ANHC and Cedia, I wont even recommend the person to drive the two car for decisinf. Just sit in both the cars and you will have your answer.

the only thing that goes against Cedia is worse resale which I think Suman is ok with it.. Parts are almost as expensive as a civic and after sales in Delhi NCR is good.

Wher city scores more is that parts are easily available outside the company, buy as many as you want and they will be cheap. Cedia's parts will only be available at Mitsu's service station.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:53   #77
BHPian

get the cedia !! 0-100 in 9 something seconds. and very smooth gear shifting.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:25   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
mitsubishi's patchy A.S.S., and a much higher upkeep cost.
Just wanted to correct this misconception. Atleast in Bangalore, IMHO it seems that A.S.S has improved a lot.

Upkeep cost for me is the periodic service, period .
Old 15th September 2009, 11:05   #79
VMG
BHPian

In chennai, Maya motors service is good.
Service cost is comaparable or even low, compare to other D segment cars.
Other plus point is service interval is 6 months or 10000km. My service bill is below Rs.2000/- each time and the Mitsu parts are more long lasting. (Based on my previous car(Lancer) experience). I agree resale vaue is not good.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:08   #80
VMG
BHPian

My highway FE is 14.3 last time.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Guys, its been a while since I posted here. I have a question for the Cedia owners - can you give me an idea about the warranty & extended warranty coverage? Most important - what are the exclusions/inclusions under both?

If there are any links, please do point me towards them. This is one of the key evaluations when I decide on my next car.

Also mention how many free services (time frame & mileage) - is it a reasonable assumption that all services would cost below 2k (mentioned by VMG below). What are the additional periodic costs (spark plugs, fuel filter, decarbonization etc)?

TIA for your responses
Old 15th September 2009, 11:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

I saw a show on TV a couple of days ago where they evaluated the Cedia Sports---they said it can smoke a Civic in straight line acceleration.
Just wanted to share this info.
Why don't you PM Hillram for maintenance cost info?
Old 15th September 2009, 12:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I saw a show on TV a couple of days ago where they evaluated the Cedia Sports---they said it can smoke a Civic in straight line acceleration.
Just wanted to share this info.
Why don't you PM Hillram for maintenance cost info?
Did they present the factual figures? Auto magazines quote 0-100 figures of 9+ seconds for Civic and 10+ for Cedia. Even ANHC is slightly quicker then Cedia if these finures are to go by.
Of course, Cedia must score in handling.
Old 15th September 2009, 14:37   #84
VMG
BHPian

Cedia spare parts price list enclosed.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Cedia-spares-price-list.doc (25.0 KB, 456 views)
Old 15th September 2009, 15:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

I find the Cedia Maintenance to be very decent.
The first 3 servicing-1000,5000,10000kms are free from labour point of view,but Oil/Fuel Filters are charged and so does the Engine Oil.The cost of Filters is Rs.700.
Coming to Engine oils,there are 2 variants-Motul and Mobul 1.Motul costs Rs.750 for 4 litres and Mobil 1 Synthetic Rs.4000 for 4 Litres approx.Right from 2nd free servicing oil change is necessary or it voids all the warranties and Guaratees.

Personally I have done 3 servicing till now and at the 3rd servicing I switched to Mobil 1 from Motul and the difference is phenomenol.In a recent highway drive,I touched 180km and revved easily 6500 rpm and mileage was still 15kmpl.
Average city mileage is around 11.5 kmpl with 100 AC.

Cedia can take Civic any day very easily.
Go for a Cedia and be a Cedizen.

Last edited by hillram : 15th September 2009 at 15:28.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Go for a Cedia and be a Cedizen.
Thanks mate, that was quite informative. What about the warranty/extended warranty - coverage & exclusions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Cedia spare parts price list enclosed.
Wow, major price drops from what I can see! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by suman : 15th September 2009 at 15:58.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:23   #87
BHPian

I would second that and would recommend you the magnum diesel as it would be heavily discounted right now because of the Cruze. On petrol, I have another option in my mind, how about the Octavia 1.8 turbo, its 150 bhp, retails around 10lac, handling is good, has alloys, disc at rear and decent interiors and if you don't mind going for servicing after every 15,000 km. Would not suggest you the Verna, as I am not convinced with the engine life of Hyundai diesels.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:47   #88
BHPian

I hope you will opt for The Cedia now !!
Old 15th September 2009, 19:37   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
- can you give me an idea about the warranty & extended warranty coverage? Most important - what are the exclusions/inclusions under both?
Suman,
The car comes with a warranty of a year and you can extend the warranty by one more year for 7500/- at the time of delivery.
I have not used the warranty since nothing broke down, but it covers almost everything except the wear & tear parts/rubbers etc etc.

Nowadays they have some sort of 24X7 breakdown service for Mitsu vehicles, which might worth a look. But I did not like it since one of the clauses state that you should be around 100 km from a Mitsu service center.

PS: Dont agree on the initial discount and ask them for more discounts :-)

-HTH

Last edited by santhosh_kumard : 15th September 2009 at 19:42.
Old 15th September 2009, 22:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, its been a while since I posted here. I have a question for the Cedia owners - can you give me an idea about the warranty & extended warranty coverage? Most important - what are the exclusions/inclusions under both?

If there are any links, please do point me towards them. This is one of the key evaluations when I decide on my next car.

Also mention how many free services (time frame & mileage) - is it a reasonable assumption that all services would cost below 2k (mentioned by VMG below). What are the additional periodic costs (spark plugs, fuel filter, decarbonization etc)?

TIA for your responses
Well in 32k of driving so far, all I've had changed are tyres, brake pads, air filter and wiper blades. Everything else is in perfect click.

What is covered in extended warranty? (3rd year only) Only the drivetrain.

Whats covered in normal warranty? (First two years) Pretty much everything other than consumables (clutch and brakes not covered officially. However I know of someone who got the clutch replaced after his clutch wore out at 15k because of riding by a driver)

You get three free services where only oil, oil filter is charged. The first one is a checkup at 1000km. The next ones are 10000km and 20000km. After that services are paid. However servicing is quite cheap. The 40k/2year service costed me 4k for consumables (air filter, plugs, oil, flush etc), 4.5k for changing rear brake pads and 1.5k for wiper blades. That has been the highest regular service bill so far.

Planning to put synthetic oil in the next service.

With advan neovas, I've managed a 0-100 of 9.2x sec using a stopwatch. There could be some error involved though. Only way to exactly test is to get a vbox.

Also to be honest, in my last trip to wayanad, we had a civic in the group. In terms of performance, it was no way close. I managed to reach mysore in 1 hr 10mins. The civic reached nearly 10 minutes later. Of course this could be attributed to better rubber, different driver and a host of other parameters.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 15th September 2009 at 22:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks