Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 14:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suman's Final Dilemma : 320d or X1? EDIT : It's the X1

For those of you who have been following my LTOR on my Fiesta 1.6SXI, you'll know that 80k kms are up & the car will be 4 years young come January 2010. While there is no tearing hurry to replace the car yet (she remains a hoot to drive & a pleasure to be driven in), we've started the idle thinking. Which car do we replace her with? The only thing we've decided is that it definitely needs to be a Petrol sedan & only a real stonker in the Diesel category may make us change our minds

The requirements are very simple actually -
  • Fun to Drive, an out & out driver's car
  • Good Ride comfort (rear seats)
  • ABS, EBD & Airbags
  • Alloys
  • Leather
  • Decent ICE.
The first factor itself left us scratching our heads because we couldn't see too many options. Which is why the first two options figure on our list! And the Cedia Sports seemed to be a logical upgrade.

What do you think? Which of the above? Are there any contenders that I'm missing out on? Feel free to pour in your opinions, giving the Pros of the car that you are suggesting over the others. My only request is to carefully read the requirements before posting. And please also do not suggest any options which are not a definite possibility at this point in time (1.6 Diesel powerplants etc etc).

Let the replies begin!!!

Last edited by suman : 12th August 2009 at 14:35.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:29   #2
BHPian

Within your options, I would vote for Cedia. Rear seat per se is way better than Fiesta's.

ANHC is definitely worth considering. Forget about the bad talk about the car and give a test drive. It is a fast, well rounded family sedan, which would keep everybody happy.
PS: I noted your requirement for Alloys and Leather. Could be sourced outside without hassle

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 12th August 2009 at 15:31.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Just for the sake of variety, not a Fiesta again please. Cedia sports, but without the external stickers that were posted in some other thread today.

Other than these two, I don't see any other car meeting your requirement.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Rear set comfy of Cedia is more comfy, more spacious.
Cedia is a bigger car too. Ride quality is great too.

You already have the Fiesta; there should be a change. Would have suggested a suspension upgarde but comfort will go down.

If Fiat wont bring the 1.6 MJD, Cedia it should be for now.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the Laura VRs Petrol will be in market before Jan'10, I think its 2L with 200BHP that would be an option with eyes closed if you are ready to up your budget and turn a blind eye towards all the bad mouthing that Skoda is getting these days.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

The requirements are very simple actually -
  • Fun to Drive, an out & out driver's car
The first factor itself left us scratching our heads because we couldn't see too many options. Which is why the first two options figure on our list!
So true. I understand your dilemma. I found Fiesta 1.6S to be a great car. As you have put - out & out driver's car.

Quote:
And the Cedia Sports seemed to be a logical upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Within your options, I would vote for Cedia. Rear seat per se is way better than Fiesta's.

ANHC is definitely worth considering.

PS: I noted your requirement for Alloys and Leather. Could be sourced outside without hassle
Because you already own a Fiesta with 1.6 motor, Cedia and ANHC are the only other worthy options (at similar price points and keeping your requirements in mind) that you can consider from the available ones.

When I had test driven Cedia Sports, I found it to be a great driver's car that comes fully loaded as well. But looking at the sales number, I would be worried if I am to buy one. As WhiteKnight suggested, try test driving ANHC. You never know what you will fall in love with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...and turn a blind eye towards all the bad mouthing that Skoda is getting these days.
IMHO, people have real issues with A.S.S. of this brand and it is not just bad mouthing. I would suggest to stay miles away from Skodas. Challenges you can face, but there's no good way to facing unethical behaviour. But it is my personal opinion.

Last edited by akbaree : 12th August 2009 at 16:26.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:48   #7
BHPian

Drivers car and rear comfort doesnt come together mate...

Why not Octavia 1.8TPi? It doesnt come with Alloys or leather or ICE, but you can always soup it up to your taste.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Drivers car and rear comfort doesnt come together mate...

Why not Octavia 1.8TPi? It doesnt come with Alloys or leather or ICE, but you can always soup it up to your taste.
Well,check out his Rs/km expense on the Fiesta. Skoda wont come near. And Skoda is too old and Suman is a senior member here and would have seen all funny threads about Skoda.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I guess the Laura VRs Petrol will be in market before Jan'10, I think its 2L with 200BHP that would be an option with eyes closed if you are ready to up your budget and turn a blind eye towards all the bad mouthing that Skoda is getting these days.
Good suggestion, though expensive. I think it has a 1.9 L engine---somebody in my complex has bought one and it looks real good in black.

Suman--How about trying out the Cedia Sports---the yellow one that Hillram owns looks droolsome! Since you already have a Fiesta, why not try something new?

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th August 2009 at 17:56.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sumanda,

You have not quoted the budget but figuring a budget of 10 Lacs ( on the basis of Cedia) what comes to my mind is the Verna CRDi. Not only do you get diesel economy but also a stonker of an engine. Haven't driven the Cedia hence can't comment but the Verna is definitely worth a consideration.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2009, 20:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Whats your Budget? how about Optra Magnum Diesel
Old 12th August 2009, 21:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Now why did that not occur to me? Optra Diesel rocks and is good at handling too. Just dont expect it to go to the racetrack though.

Otherwise the engine is a gem. The torque can kill many a mini-trucks that come in its way.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Suman da my vote goes to the Cedia. You have already enjoyed the 1.6 and are already enjoying the beast. This one makes perfect sense but please dont let them put the stickers on the car.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:04   #14
BHPian

The Cedia Sports it has to be, though it is a bit undepowered at 115 ps.But, it handles very well. If you'r considering diesel, then its either the Optra Mugnum D or the Verna CRDi.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:06   #15
BHPian

Of the choices that you have given, Cedia for sure wins. Fiesta is getting long in the tooth and there are many around. There is also Chevy SRV.

With the kind of usage you have, diesel would be a wiser choice. If you end up looking for a diesel, Magnum and Verna come into the picture.

But, why not a Scorpio!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks