Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on the decision. you can't go wrong with the Fiesta. be prepared for a jarring ride though. the suspension is PRETTTTTY stiff for a sedan!
Old 24th August 2009, 23:56   #17
ABZ
BHPian

Hey Frank,
I HAD to go for the S since Ford chromed the SXI way beyond my liking. But then the heart had already gone for the S after seeing it in the Showroom.
So, it was a case of "Head over Heels" for the Fiesta as compared to the other cars; and "Heart over Head" for the S over SXI.
As for the ride quality, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it nevertheless considering that I drove a Maruti 800 for 11 years prior to this one and a Fiat before that.
Old 25th August 2009, 02:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great decision ABZ. My Ikon is completing its 5 years next may, and I am just waiting for it to be financiably viable to sell it (its about 41.5K only) so that I can get the 1.6. Wish you a great time man

Last edited by sammyboy : 25th August 2009 at 02:56.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:45   #19
BHPian

Hi ABZ,

Congrats for 1.6 S, I have booked Fiesta 1.4 D SXi with same dealer. Try to negotiate hard, use the funda of Kumar7, do visit his thread 'Welcome Beista my Fiesta'.

I have answered your PM, if you need any help please let me know.

Thanks
Old 29th August 2009, 23:05   #20
BHPian

Hi,
Let me join the gang of Fiesta-to-be-owners (rather like dads-in-waiting,eh?!)
I have ordered a Fiesta 1.6SXi. We initially opted for the 'Thunder' colour, but post the chrome-up, we shifted to Moondust Silver, as the OVRM chrome would sort of get meshed in.
To me personally, the toss-up was between a stiffer-suspension-but better-handling-at-top-speed 1.6S versus a richer-look-with-mahagony touch (my favourite)-and-beige-interior 1.6 SXi. I went for the latter.
My current status - I am on duty at a different station; my Fiesta is on a transport truck going to my home base.I have the keys to the car, but I ain't yet seen her! You can well imagine my restless-impatient-yearning desire to get back to the car.
Gosh! It is nearly as if I were going back to meet my girl friend.
The only difference is ; the feeling now is a million times more acute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABZ View Post
Hey Frank,
"I HAD to go for the S since Ford chromed the SXI way beyond my liking."
Old 30th August 2009, 01:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Cheers my friend. There is an absolute SURFEIT of new Fiestas coming on this forum. Just before I bought my car, I saw NO ONE opening new ownership/initial threads on Fiestas (and I was a bit skeptical) but now I am dead sure that the FIesta was the right choice. Beauuuutiful car! Cheers mate!
Old 30th August 2009, 11:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey, any reason you decided the Fiesta 1.6S, over the 1.6SXi / ZXi. i am currently in a dilema. i love the exteriors of the 1.6S (the alloys, spoilers, etc.), but i found the interiors bit dull. SXi / ZXi have rich beige interiors. For me, the ideal scenario is to have the exteriors of 1.6S, with the interiors of Sxi - alas, thats not to happen.

So still rattling my brains.

Regarding accessories, check out the site of Ford india - it lists some accessories available from Ford. Air deflectors (outside the windows) could be nice.
You are right here
While the SXi has awesome interiors , Leather upholstery , wood paneling etc..

If you go with the non sport what you can do is.
Change your Alloys to match the sport model and put a rear spoiler.

But I feel the main thing you will not get
- The cool sporty skirting
- 15" Alloys against 14"
- Suspensions modified for the 15" Alloys
Old 30th August 2009, 11:14   #23
BHPian

hi

before you book the car please check out the date of manufacture at 1.6 s is not a fast moving vehicle. the vehicle could have remained in the stock yard for a long time. please check the car minutely for rusting.
Old 30th August 2009, 12:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

I willingly accepted a car that was standing in the stockyard for 4 months, for which I got a large discount.
There is absolutely no problem in the car, but I suggest, for peace of mind, to buy the latest example. Since, the money saved will be a plus, but you will always have the age of the car at the back of your mind (like me) if you find any small issues with the car.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:52   #25
BHPian

Does anyone have pics of the SXI n 1.6S models? (Exteriors / interiors). I tried going through the ford website once(rather hurriedly), but couldnt find too many details. They instead offered to send the brochures to my mail id, which eventually they never did.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:29   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep SXI interiors are newer and better than the S interiors in the Fiesta, also the suspension is setup up harder in the s vs the SXI.

For practicality would recommend the SXI over the S, for most people, the s though is for the pasionate driver who does not look too much within the car.
Old 3rd September 2009, 16:47   #27
BHPian

Don't buy the harder suspension and armrest headrest bull being dished out. Its soft enough for me and no one has complained about being thrown around. You will feel the road if its rough at low speeds nothing too much to worry about.
Fiesta S is a better car than the SXI. You as a driver are going to look though the windshield and not into the car. So what colour interiors shouldn't matter. What should matter is wether its comfortable enough, which the Sport is.

better handling car= safer car.
Get that aquarius Fiesta Sport. You wont feel like you missed the gaudy chrome in the sxi.

Also think about it beige is not the colour you want in the interiors if your folks wont avoid eating/spilling in the car, your kid/niece would step on the seat with his foot wear on, in beige leather try removing the coffee that was spilt, with black interiors just dusting would take care of the looks part, I'm just talking about the worst case scenario. All this may happen in four months or four years but every car has to go through this.
Stay away from beige, after all you are part of Team- Bhp

take the sport on a winding road and carve those corners and you will know what I'm talking about. this car just craves to go through the corners at rediculous speeds. You would relish it. Even if you dont like to throw your car around, you can keep staring at it once you have parked it.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:19   #28
BHPian

White should be the colour if you are not comfortable with Aquarius Blue.
Avoid black, though it may look richer till that proverbial first scratch, it becmes duller over time and you would need to keep it waxed to keep it in gleaming condition not to mention FE would be affected as AC will have to work harder to handle the additional heat dissipation needed.

White will look more gorgeous even over a period of time and wont have the taxi feel cause the spoiler, skirting and alloys would more than fix that issue.

I have a platinum Sport, better avoid that colour as its better suited for SXI than the Sport(atleast I have a feel like its a sleeper as it doesn't look that much of a sporty car till you get behind the wheel ).

Last edited by marlinspike : 5th September 2009 at 20:21.
Old 11th September 2009, 18:16   #29
BHPian

Hey All,

Got done with the booking of an Aquarius Blue 1.6S on 31st. Expecting delivery within next week. Hopefully, before Durga Pujo in Calcutta.

Another Fiesta comes on board to TBHp.

Cheers,
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
White should be the colour if you are not comfortable with Aquarius Blue.
Avoid black, though it may look richer till that proverbial first scratch, it becmes duller over time and you would need to keep it waxed to keep it in gleaming condition not to mention FE would be affected as AC will have to work harder to handle the additional heat dissipation needed.

White will look more gorgeous even over a period of time and wont have the taxi feel cause the spoiler, skirting and alloys would more than fix that issue.

I have a platinum Sport, better avoid that colour as its better suited for SXI than the Sport(atleast I have a feel like its a sleeper as it doesn't look that much of a sporty car till you get behind the wheel ).
Old 13th September 2009, 18:45   #30
BHPian

Congrats , Buddy!
May the tribe of fiesty Fiestans rise!!
I bought myself a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver); have ridden it for all of two days, and am presently out on an extended period of duty out of town, for two weeks (grrrrr). You can only guess my impatience to get back and explore the beauty!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks