Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 00:44   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
I've seen it on the road many times and have raced with many of them but not a single Verna could beat my Indigo CS.
Sorry, I cant resist... hahahahahahaha!!

Seriously Akadian, stop racing on the highway, you might hurt someone/get hurt someday.

Getting back to topic, I have driven the Verna, the Vista and the Indigo CS. I dont own any of them. Any stock Indigo/Indica currently would be absolutely smoked by a stock Verna if driven on a highway, by drivers of the same skill/enthusiasm. That is a FACT, based on the laws of physics.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:57   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
If your preference is Fun to drive 100 BHP Diesel car, Optra Magnum is THE one. If it lacks features (low-end version) which you want & you want to look further than it, I feel its not 100 BHP alone which will give fun.
I fully agree with the Optra Magnum's capabilities. But, besides it being out of my budget, it is also very low on features. As I have mentioned, I want the best overall package of power and frills. The Verna CRDI SX gives me that, at the price point I am looking for. Also the Optra is a huge car and I do not have place to park it. My garage is only 14 ft long and the Optra is much longer than that. So that is another negative for me. Besides with the Cruze launch around the corner, I am not sure if the current Optra will be in the market for long. I do not want to be stuck with a phased out car for the next 5 years.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:49   #78
BHPian

Verna CRDI SX (ABS) now booked!

OK! I had to take my Zen VXi to Seva Motors for a wheel alignment check, and while they were at it, I decided to take another look at the Verna CRDI SX, as Ketan Motors is just next door to Seva. I spoke to the General Manager about the 8.99 lakh OTR price and what best discount he could offer. After much bargaining, we finally agreed on 8.75 OTR (Discount of 23,000 + 1000) and the following free goodies:

1. Full Fabric Seat Covers
2. All 4 Floor Matting
3. Mudflaps
4. Perfume

I think 8.75 OTR is a good price for the Verna CRDI SX. I asked them to send over a TD car to my office, so that my wife could see it too before I gave them a cheque. Ketan Motors promptly sent a Silver SX (the one I wanted) this afternoon. I took it for a TD on the highway again today with 4 passengers. My wife was super surprised that it was so silent inside even though it is a Diesel. As soon as I stepped on it, I realized that I will not be satisfied with any other car. The thrill of the Variable Geometry Turbo pulling you with its beastly torque (240 Nm) is just too good! I did a series of overtakes at 80 kmph and a series of nipping in and out between passing trucks on the highway. The car felt very stable all along these antics and the steering did what I told it to. The Bridgestone 185/65 R14's keep the car planted on the road and have very low noise levels. I did not feel any noticable understeer at these speeds. The ABS has done wonders to the car and it felt very safe under sudden and hard braking. It also helps that the ABS version comes with all 4 disc brakes.

NVH levels are very low and I did not even have to raise the stereo volume when I passed over some very bad roads. The suspension is just right for a comfortable ride, not too hard nor too soft. The Double DIN Kenwood stereo is just OK and I will have to put in an Amp and upgrade the speakers to get decent sound. The trim level is good and all the goodies that I like are there, esp: Electronically Adjustable OVRM's, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, Tilt Steering, Climate Control, Outside temperature Display, Trip Computer, etc.

My wife and kid loved the car and so I finally decided to book it. Gave Ketan Hyundai a cheque for 10,000/- and have opted for finance by SBI as they are offering 8% for the 1st year and 10% for the 2nd and 3rd years.

Ketan Hyundai has promised delivery during Navratri (or before Dussshera), and I am now eagerly waiting for my "Silver Rocket". I would like to thank you all for helping me decide on the right car for my needs. Verna owners, do let me know what I should look for before taking delivery. I can now safely say that the Hyundai Verna CRDI SX is the only fully loaded performance diesel sedan well under 9 lakhs.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on booking your new car. Great choice I must say. I initialy contemplated the verna A/T, but backed out due to lack of parking space + price + city driving. The price of 8.75 is well worth it!
Do start an ownership post once your beast comes home!
Old 16th September 2009, 17:28   #80
BHPian

welcome aboard

Congrads buddy

Welcome to Verna Club... and as the ad tag says, Feel It.

Before taking the car out, do these things from the Dealer itself, and push hard to get these things done as dealer offer
1. Tefflon coating - will make your car look pretty for at least 2-3 months
2. Rubber paint under body Coating - will keep it clean n safe while you turn her to mud roads.
3. Headlight bulb change - Change them to Philips Xtreme Power 80+ with same wattage (60/55w) so that there wont be any electrical changes like relay/wiring kit etc. This is a MUST because the stock lights are really bad.
4. Ask for Bridgestone tyres with 185/65 R14 proportion, because there is a chance you will get MRF on stock.
5. Do add leather/art leather seat covers because the fabric seats are very much in love with dirt!! If you are doing it outside, make sure to cover yur door flips, steering wheel, gear lever etc too. How about a black+beige theme? (he he, its my car's theme)

These things done, your silver rocket will take you to the front where all others will just see a silver beam passing!!
PS: I own the same color n variant Verna, and did all these things except seat covers from the Dealer itself.

Njoy..
Old 16th September 2009, 17:29   #81
BHPian

move to initial ownership thread

By the way,

make a new entry to initial ownership thread, with your details and pictures..

I think mods will move our posts soon
Old 16th September 2009, 18:16   #82
BHPian

aneeshanand, thanks for those important tips. It is good to know that your dealer upgraded the headlight bulbs for you. Most owners have faced warranty issues even if they asked the dealer to change the bulbs. Did your dealer confirm that the warranty won't be hurt by changing the bulbs?

I have confirmed that my car will have Bridgestone 185/65 R14 tyres.

Is a cover for the driver's armrest available along with the extra seat covers? And what about the rear cup holder/center arm rest? Does it get hidden behind the seat cover or the seat cover has a special cutout for it? Do let me know.

What model is your Autocop Reverse Sensor? Does it have an LCD display or just a buzzer? Can you suggest a good one for the Verna?

Thanks again for all your comments!
Old 16th September 2009, 18:30   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
OK! I had to take my Zen VXi to Seva Motors for a wheel alignment check, and while they were at it, I decided to take another look at the Verna CRDI SX, as Ketan Motors is just next door to Seva. I spoke to the General Manager about the 8.99 lakh OTR price and what best discount he could offer. After much bargaining, we finally agreed on 8.75 OTR (Discount of 23,000 + 1000) and the following free goodies:

1. Full Fabric Seat Covers
2. All 4 Floor Matting
3. Mudflaps
4. Perfume

I think 8.75 OTR is a good price for the Verna CRDI SX. I asked them to send over a TD car to my office, so that my wife could see it too before I gave them a cheque. Ketan Motors promptly sent a Silver SX (the one I wanted) this afternoon. I took it for a TD on the highway again today with 4 passengers. My wife was super surprised that it was so silent inside even though it is a Diesel. As soon as I stepped on it, I realized that I will not be satisfied with any other car. The thrill of the Variable Geometry Turbo pulling you with its beastly torque (240 Nm) is just too good! I did a series of overtakes at 80 kmph and a series of nipping in and out between passing trucks on the highway. The car felt very stable all along these antics and the steering did what I told it to. The Bridgestone 185/65 R14's keep the car planted on the road and have very low noise levels. I did not feel any noticable understeer at these speeds. The ABS has done wonders to the car and it felt very safe under sudden and hard braking. It also helps that the ABS version comes with all 4 disc brakes.

NVH levels are very low and I did not even have to raise the stereo volume when I passed over some very bad roads. The suspension is just right for a comfortable ride, not too hard nor too soft. The Double DIN Kenwood stereo is just OK and I will have to put in an Amp and upgrade the speakers to get decent sound. The trim level is good and all the goodies that I like are there, esp: Electronically Adjustable OVRM's, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, Tilt Steering, Climate Control, Outside temperature Display, Trip Computer, etc.

My wife and kid loved the car and so I finally decided to book it. Gave Ketan Hyundai a cheque for 10,000/- and have opted for finance by SBI as they are offering 8% for the 1st year and 10% for the 2nd and 3rd years.

Ketan Hyundai has promised delivery during Navratri (or before Dussshera), and I am now eagerly waiting for my "Silver Rocket". I would like to thank you all for helping me decide on the right car for my needs. Verna owners, do let me know what I should look for before taking delivery. I can now safely say that the Hyundai Verna CRDI SX is the only fully loaded performance diesel sedan well under 9 lakhs.
Great choice , will bring many a smile with that engine.

One correction though - the VGT SX does not come with rear discs anymore - I was informed by the dealer that all VERNA SX manufactured after August'09 will have rear drums.. Do check it out and see that you have a recent manufactured Verna
Old 16th September 2009, 19:24   #84
BHPian

Thanks goswami.j, I did check the one I TD'ed and it had all 4 disc brakes. But just in case what your dealer said is true, I will make sure that I inform my dealer that I want one with all 4 disc brakes. I don't mind if it is pre-Aug 2009 in that case. Thanks so much for the update!
Old 16th September 2009, 21:28   #85
BHPian

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
aneeshanand, thanks for those important tips. It is good to know that your dealer upgraded the headlight bulbs for you. Most owners have faced warranty issues even if they asked the dealer to change the bulbs. Did your dealer confirm that the warranty won't be hurt by changing the bulbs?

I have confirmed that my car will have Bridgestone 185/65 R14 tyres.

Is a cover for the driver's armrest available along with the extra seat covers? And what about the rear cup holder/center arm rest? Does it get hidden behind the seat cover or the seat cover has a special cutout for it? Do let me know.

What model is your Autocop Reverse Sensor? Does it have an LCD display or just a buzzer? Can you suggest a good one for the Verna?

Thanks again for all your comments!
Hi cool (lemme make it short by name)

By changing the headlight bulbs, no warranty will be hurt. Thats why I selected the same wattage for bulb so that I don't have to disturb the wiring. Some of the experts on team-bhp says there wont be any change in warranty even though we add a higher watt bulb with a relay, I'm not sure about this.

Yes the cover for armrest and back seat cup holder and it is done separately.

I think they have installed Autocop Scorpio model sensor, and got few LEDs as display apart from buzzer.

For verna, you can fit a camera+sensor+buzzer system (price around 15k), but I went for the cheaper one which comes in my budget (4k for mine)

njoy

Most Viewed