Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008;
8). Skoda Superb -- Excellent car, especially with the 1.8 turbo but it's a Skoda!

Apart from the two Skodas which unfortunately are being sold by the most unethical company in the country today, there doesnt seem to be a single exciting car this side of 30 lakhs.

Or is it worth getting a Skoda simply because of the great car it is and getting it serviced from outside?

yes you are right there isn't a car half as exciting as the superb below 30 lakhs.

Is worth buying based on skoda's reputation? After a lot of thinking I think yes! The product is way to good and I still find it great VFM.

But don't take my word for it, get a test drive then we'll see how you resist
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:40   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...st-driven.html
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:52   #48
Team-BHP Support

After reading that review, I can confidently say that the Altis is ruled out. The steering is a toy and if you thought that the NHC had a light steering this one is even lighter with lesser feedback.

The Altis is taller than the Cedia and rolls heavily through a sweeping bend. Understeer is ok but solid roll.

BTW, Kiran is there for a long time and he knows his stuff on all the Mitsu products quite well.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:08   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
After reading that review, I can confidently say that the Altis is ruled out. The steering is a toy and if you thought that the NHC had a light steering this one is even lighter with lesser feedback.

The Altis is taller than the Cedia and rolls heavily through a sweeping bend. Understeer is ok but solid roll.

BTW, Kiran is there for a long time and he knows his stuff on all the Mitsu products quite well.
I agree with the toy steering part even body roll is too much for a car of this price, I took a Altis for a testdrive some months back and the tires were screaming at the corners where my Elantra is always comfortable.

The ride is typical japenese setup which has been softened up leading to not so great highspeed stabiity. Longwave bumps absorption is not so great either.

The Engine has good low and midrange but lacks the sporty topend of the honda plus spoils the experience by sounding harsh at higher revs.

Overall a good family car which is not involving to drive.
Old 24th September 2009, 02:33   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nikhil: Avoid a used Benz! They become ridiculously expensive to maintain and not at all worth the price.
I would suggest looking at the Civic, Cedia, wait for the Cruze.
If you want a used car, look at a used A4.

Most Viewed