Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 12:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

I recently drove the Fiesta 1.6S of my friend and out of this list, my advice is you go with the Fiesta 1.6S. You will save a lot of money over ANHC which you can use in many ways.
The engine is a gem and the overall feel of the car is good, at around 7.10L (ex showroom) its a very good deal if you manage some discounts from dealer.

Fiesta from my side. No SX4 or ANHC. Fiesta is a drivers car, the grin on the face when pushing the car is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunt View Post
I haven't considered the Linea cause I heard the petrol one was underpowered. Should I be TDing that too?
Tarun,
If you love being first off the line from red lights then Linea P will disappoint you for sure. There is no harm in TDing too, just leave a comment on CEO corner at Fiat India with dealer preference and a TD car will come to your home.
If you are interested in ANHC, for same price you can get a MJD Linea Emotion pack which has much better driveability than the petrol counterpart and if you running is over 1200-1500 kms a month then you will save running costs too in addition to some 30-40k you save over the V model ANHC.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:50   #17
BHPian

After the 1.6 josh machine I think Fiesta might be the appropiate car to graduate to . But peorsnally I feel the ANHC is a generation ahead and is a much better car overall .
Old 25th September 2009, 11:43   #18
BHPian

Folks,

I'm more or less decided on the Fiesta. Now the decision point is Sxi or S.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:44   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm more or less decided on the Fiesta. Now the decision point is Sxi or S.
Hahaha, this one's easy. Of course, the 1.6S. It's a heck of a car to drive! Just make sure that the price difference between the Sxi and the S isn't too wide. Ford has been heavily discounting 1.6 variants (save for the S).
Old 25th September 2009, 18:53   #20
BHPian

When looks and driving quality are important the 1.6S is the car for you, if your looking for more comfort in your ride then SXI is the one. The shocks are the major difference between the two.

Something tells me you will settle for the S, I hope you will
Old 25th September 2009, 19:22   #21
BHPian

I am sure its gonna be Fiesta 1.6 S all the way. Let us know the colour you decide. Is it Blue or white?
Old 25th September 2009, 20:35   #22
srinivas9446

Hey Tarunt,

I read your criteria...i feel you should add one more criteria to your list.Its the maintenance part of a car. what do say ?

Well amongst the cars you have, none can beat the ANHC ( My personal opinion). I agree the price is on the higher side, but look at the longterm benefits of owning an HONDA. It goes without explaining.

Does GC matter so much ? well i have been to BR hills, Kabini, Ooty....i am a regular at the K.GUDI in BR Hill and KABINI for my photography...my ANHC has not given any trouble as such. Agreed that you need to slow down at the humps, but that becomes an habit.

End of the day, there is nothing called a PERFECT CAR mate ! so go for it, decide and get the Mini Skirt Lady ( MSL---Is what i call my ANHC ) home.

Come on in to the H family & see the difference !

All the very best !

Keep us posted on your decision man !

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 25th September 2009 at 20:39.

Old 27th September 2009, 20:21   #23
Team-BHP Support

Fiesta S is the way to go. Amazing driver's car.

Although even I would have loved to go for the ANHC, but the price difference and the GC/suspension is something which I hold a sacred requirement for a city like Bangalore !

I would love to hear more of highway experiences of the ANHC. Can someone point me to them.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:40   #24
BANNED

Quote:
The SXI is at 7.08 L with a corporate discount of 50k. So at 6.6 Lac its great VFM as well.
Tarun, are you serious, that you get a corporate discount of 50k !!! - that's awesome. Can you kindly tell me which dealer. At 6.6, its looks a great VFM deal. Are you sure its for a new car or a one that has been standing in the yard for 4-5 months. Just asking these questions since i learned it from team-bhp on evaluating cars & offers...
Old 30th September 2009, 16:59   #25
BHPian

It is The Ford Fiesta 1.6 S!!! Booked the car yesterday and should have delivery by the end of next week. I've booked a Panther Black. The Diamond White looked great too, but couldn't convince myself to move away from the black. Will be going for the pre registration check this Saturday.

Quote:
Tarun, are you serious, that you get a corporate discount of 50k !!! - that's awesome. Can you kindly tell me which dealer. At 6.6, its looks a great VFM deal. Are you sure its for a new car or a one that has been standing in the yard for 4-5 months. Just asking these questions since i learned it from team-bhp on evaluating cars & offers...
srikanths1, the dealer is metro ford and they have the same discount for the 1.6 S as well. I'll make sure during the pre-regn check, that they are not trying to palm off some old car. GTO mentioned the discounts as well, and at Metro Ford, they are not distinguishing between the Sxi and the S. Its the same price and same discount on both.

Quote:
I read your criteria...i feel you should add one more criteria to your list.Its the maintenance part of a car. what do say ?
Maintenance is important and my Ford Ikon 1.6 has not given me much problems in the last 4 years. Its important to have the extended warranty though.

Quote:
I am sure its gonna be Fiesta 1.6 S all the way. Let us know the colour you decide. Is it Blue or white?
Torque ... Its Panther Black. It looks great ... boy ... my heart almost skipped a beat when I saw it in Black
Old 30th September 2009, 18:32   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

LUCKY you! Congrats on buying what is the best <10 lakh rupee drivers car in teh market today. Do create a new thread with a detailed ownership experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks