Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:57   #16
RVD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Well what you say about more than 80K KMS theory can hold true. But nothing to abide by. It was your alto that needed change of most essential things before 94K not to mention may be expensive repairs havent come yet, and your fiance have been saved from that burden by selling it. These days as it is cars are quite KM happy so niggles start after 90K only(This is my opinion).
I will advice you to take the thought of sedan out of your mind and trash it for now. Its just a satisfaction and nothing else that there should be one of every type of car in a house, whats the point of buying such an old car just for the sake of it being a sedan and footing the bills later. Better get a newer used hatch back. Your finacee will be most happy with that. Be a bit more practical and think of her ease of use in city, I myself being a sedan owner know what pain it is to drive that thing with boot when you dont even need it most of the time and are alone. Probably a Used i10 will be a very good option for her.

Point well taken..Actually, I should have mentioned this before. I and my fiancee have a lot of common family ( Her brother in law and my brother in law are brother's) and we travel a lot together. Now the problem is that they have hatches(Swift) and we sometimes miss a sedan for the luggage space. I am not looking for a sedan to complete my car portfolio but because it will come in handy during our travel.

My theory is also that, when I buy a new car, I would like to keep it for some time rather than selling it in the first 2-3 years when the depriciation is the maximum. Also, as and when I do buy a new car, it should be loaded (At least safety feature wise). That pretty much leaves out i10 from the question.

I was looking at the used car market just as a stop gap arrangement. Could use the car for 15-20 months and then dispose it and hopefully not loose too much money in the process. After which, my Fiancee and I could jointly look at the finances and take a call.

Hope that makes sence.

Regards

Rahul
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:35   #17
BHPian

Then my suggestion would be to look only and only for used Honda City. Its the only car which has been labelled as complete problem free car at your budget above it is toyota corolla of course. You will find lot of Honda's, Accent has issues with its exhaust system quite many friends have changed it also the suspension needs work after 70K kms, same is the case with esteem and baleno. Honda's suspension is also not that great it does need work even the NHC, but rest of the stuff and its durability is far better than others. More over if you get a cheap deal on honda you can actually end up selling it at profit, thats what one of my friend did though he sold after 6 months only. It will give best resale than anyother any how. Best of luck with your search
cheers.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 23rd October 2009 at 14:36.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:44   #18
RVD
BHPian

Update

After lot of searching, came across a 2004 Dec Baleno with 26k on the odo( Genuine mileage with service history) and after some negotiations, have finalised the price at 2.5 lack.Its a second owner car and the 2nd person bought the car just 5 months back and has to sell it as he has lost his job .Is it a good price to pay for a car of that age and mileage in bangalore. Please advice as I plan to put an advance on it later in the day.

Regards

Rahul
Old 27th October 2009, 10:57   #19
BHPian

Vxi or Lxi? Price looks good even for an Lxi, i say pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
After lot of searching, came across a 2004 Dec Baleno with 26k on the odo( Genuine mileage with service history) and after some negotiations, have finalised the price at 2.5 lack.Its a second owner car and the 2nd person bought the car just 5 months back and has to sell it as he has lost his job .Is it a good price to pay for a car of that age and mileage in bangalore. Please advice as I plan to put an advance on it later in the day.

Regards

Rahul
Old 27th October 2009, 11:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
After 94K on the odo, my Fiancee finally decided to let go of her Alto VX 1.1..

4) Is there an option of a step up EMI for cars as well ? If that is the case,
she can look to buy a new car as well.
Regards

Rahul
Hi Rahul,

You mean to say that you can increase your EMI Amount after a year - Go for a Car Loan from PSU Banks.

1. They give Loans for New Cars with a repayment Schedule upto 7 years.
2. You can increase your EMI's or make Lumpsum payments in between and there is no Pre payment penalty.
3. Since both of you are employed getting a Loan from PSU Bank is easier.
4. But be prepared to wait for the Loan, since it may take anywhere between 1 week to 1 month.
5. If your Credit rating from CIBIL is good, you may get it faster.

Caution - Don't go to NBFC's - Non Banking Finance Companies - Hidden Charges do apply.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, going through your posts and needs you said, would suggest you to look at used honda city which is the best options and safe as well, as honda reliability is known and would be easy for you to sale it few years down as well.If you change your mind and go for hatchback, also look at i20 Magna as well, gets around 5.5/- on road and good car as well.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:09   #22
BHPian

[quote=RVD;1550870]After lot of searching, came across a 2004 Dec Baleno with 26k on the odo( Genuine mileage with service history) and after some negotiations, have finalised the price at 2.5 lack.Its a second owner car and the 2nd person bought the car just 5 months back and has to sell it as he has lost his job .Is it a good price to pay for a car of that age and mileage in bangalore. Please advice as I plan to put an advance on it later in the day.

Go ahead if you can trust the Owner and it there is a genuine reason for selling so early.

Most Viewed