Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 23:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Real Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I underestimated. I see that everyone is as confused.
@gaurang
Buy neither. Go for a Honda City VMT. And add a nice body kit to it with the 60-80K you'll save over a Cedia.

@gaurang: Do consider the option listed above, if the body kit is of high quality, it would look stunning. Also, don't let the salesman cloud your judgement. The other option is the Fiesta 1.6S, a stunning car any way you look at it.

OT: @gaurav_chopra04 - Well said, liked the way you put forward the points.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

No way Cedia is the best one for your mods.Its more pleasure drive than any vehicle.
Difficult to modify Jazz & performance will not be up to the mark.

Are you looking for technical mods or external appeal?Pls be clear
Old 29th October 2009, 16:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Unless you're planning to trash that 1.2 engine the moment you get the car, as your first mod, there's no point in looking at the Jazz IMO.

Another thing, why not a pre-owned Civic? 12-18 months old, should be yours at about 10L, and you have a lot of dough left over for modding.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 29th October 2009 at 16:51.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its like comparing a horse to a cow. Depends on what you want :P.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:43   #20
BHPian

Fiesta is a drivers car as well without too much loose in resale value, You can go in for a used Civic too. If you want more engine power than 1.6 fiesta. Moreover its better to perform all the performance mods in a little used car and not a brand new shining car.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Its like comparing a horse to a cow. Depends on what you want :P.
Well said friend. Can't have a better comparison.
I chose to ride than milk.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.amrit View Post
spend 4.5L on a 2007 Cedia
The problem is finding one at this price. Cedia's are too few in the second hand market.

And if they are there they are sold very quickly, specially in the South where resale of Cedia's is hgh.

In Northern India it's a different mindset altogether. I know someone who sold his 2007 White Cedia Sports ( done 12k ) for 3.5 Lacs !!!!!! Now I curse myself why I could not have grabbed this deal !!
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:47   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Do you love to drive? Eyes shut = The Cedia. Even if you get subtle upgrades, say better tyres, she will be an awesome drive. Forget the Jazz, there is only so much you can get out of a 1.2 liter engine....even after modifications.

I'd also highly recommend searching for used Cedias. Or the best drivers car in the used market : The Skoda RS. 5 - 6 lakh rupees will get you a well-maintained example.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
In Northern India it's a different mindset altogether. I know someone who sold his 2007 White Cedia Sports ( done 12k ) for 3.5 Lacs !!!!!! Now I curse myself why I could not have grabbed this deal !!
3.5 lac...Damn, I thought I got a relative bargain. Now I know I didnt .

Used cedia is indeed the best opion but its certainly hard to come by.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd November 2009 at 15:19.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
3.5 lac...Damn, I thought I got a relative bargain. Now I know I didnt .

Used cedia is indeed the best opion but its certainly hard to come by.
Cedia-2007 for 3.5 lac doesn't seem right. Must be a bashed car or an accident victim.
Check this link out.
Mitsubishi Cedia 2.0 SelectSymphony Silver, Registration:2008, Sedan , Rs.750000/-, kolkata, India 2389816
Cedia Select 2008, done only 7k quoted at 7.5 Lacs. Take a Lac down, you could min get at 6 Lac. there.

There are a few used Cedias on the same website. And talking about Resale Value of Cedias, doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 2nd November 2009 at 17:33.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

RajaTaurus - The point is that in Northern India and places like Agra, people hardly know Mitsubishi's, Infact I think the entire Agra region has 2 outlander's !!

The main cause is also because there is no service centre in Agra, one has to go to Delhi to get the car serviced.

I think the Cedia is an absolutely delightful driver's car !

The only reason I brought a Verna CRDi is because I wanted a diesel else I would have straight away gone for a Cedia.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:37   #27

How can you compare a Cedia with Jazz. Its like having one asking to prepare a thoughtful well brewed Filter coffee v/s a Instant coffee straight out of a sachet. Both the cars mentioned belongs to a different market segment and different Target Audience. You are asking a Rally gene car such a Cedia to work aside with Jazz. Apart from technical specifications, please TD the cedia and watch the powerhorse zoom in highways and in rural roads. Jazz is a pleasant city car ( for a lady driver, no offence), who needs to reach point A - B. I just bought a Nov 2009 Cedia Sports and have done almost 700km in the last two months, both in city and highway. The car just sits flat on the road at highspeeds and you have total control over the car. Modifications for Cedia Sports, no way, you dont need to change/alter any stuff for the first few years. Just replace the stock tyres and might be upgrade the headlamps ( only if necessary). Nothin else has to be done. Just buy the car and drive like Loeb or Button. Its NAV & Touch screen ICE system is good and if required, upgrade the Kenwood speakers. Thats all, you will never regret buying a 2.0l Mitsubhisi machine......
Old 10th December 2009, 15:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please give him a break. He asked a question - so lets try to answer that. I am sure he didn't mean to insult any car.

This really depends on what mods you want to do. If you are looking for a performance mod, it helps to start with a car which has a bigger engine and power output. Jazz doesn't really fit here.

if you just want to mod the looks and make it look distinct, then probably you can but the City and get lots of accessories.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:45   #29
BHPian

The Cedia 2.0 L, 115 BHP engine can be tuned to get > 250BHP. This is a de-tuned monster.
The new Lancer with 152BHP (stock) is due next year. That looks awesome too.
Cruze is great too at 148BHP but just outside your budget.

You might want to read my posts on the Cedia

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ia-sports.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

I bought the Cedia with the intention of modding it in due course. I am looking forward to > 250BHP responding to my right foot :-)
I have talked to HM about official Mitsu mods for Cedia and they are looking at importing them. You may want to talk to Mr. Narayan Iyer too about this.

At this rate I think I can be accused of being a Cedia salesaman ;-)
Old 10th December 2009, 15:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_msingh View Post
Jazz is a pleasant city car ( for a lady driver, no offence), who needs to reach point A - B.
Disclaimer about offense will not take the sting out of that statement :-) Are you married? I am and I wouldn't dare make that statement. I have seen more than my share of aggressive 'lady' drivers and a few of them in my family....You might want to read up on Danica Patrick and ponder that statement again ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks