Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 22:09   #1

Cedia Sports 2009 or Jazz - for modding

I own a Zen, and want to upgrade to a bigger and a faster ride. I've got performance mods and pearlescent jobs in mind for the car, after about 2-3 years of purchase.

After some online research, i zoomed in on Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 2009 and the Honda Jazz. Both are in the range of 8-10 Lakhs, and except for the navigation system and uber sexy OZ alloys on the cedia, i didnt really find much difference between the two.

Here's my problem.

should i spend 8.3 laks(on road mumbai) on Jazz and mod it with the extra 2 lakhs i save, or get myself a cedia(around 10.3 laks) just to get that long *** and touch screen audio, and then spend less on modding?

Budget not to exceed 13.5 laks max...

Advise please!!
Old 28th October 2009, 01:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurangsaini View Post
After some online research, i zoomed in on Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 2009 and the Honda Jazz. Both are in the range of 8-10 Lakhs, and except for the navigation system and uber sexy OZ alloys on the cedia, i didnt really find much difference between the two.
I'm sure some of us would be quite confused reading that comparison and conclusion.

For starters, since you are looking for performance, would not a 2.0L engine make a difference compared to a 1.2L one?

Maybe, you could detail out your requirements a bit more. And also indicate which elements of the Jazz and the Cedia you found to be similar. That would help others understand your need better and provide appropriate recommendations.
Old 28th October 2009, 01:49   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

jazz being a honda , has tons of cosmetic mods available! I'd say go for the jazz
Old 28th October 2009, 02:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Now this is a wierd combination?
Cedia Vs Jazz?

Since you can afford it,its no brainer,

Cedia it is.
Howcome you didnot find any difference between two
Old 28th October 2009, 08:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurangsaini View Post
Please don't mind, but you have made my day with this comment. Frankly I can't think of any similarity between Jazz and Cedia, and poor Cedia will definetly think of suicide after hearing this .
Old 28th October 2009, 09:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

forget about the jazz.
your two options should be cedia vs. fiesta s
since you plan to mod why dont you look for used cars that way you eill have a lot more money left for mods.
Used cedias though hard to find are pretty cheap.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Please don't mind, but you have made my day with this comment. Frankly I can't think of any similarity between Jazz and Cedia, and poor Cedia will definetly think of suicide after hearing this .
If he can't 'find' any more differences except alloys and SatNavs, that only means the Honda guy has done an excellent 'sale' job there...

Yes. My two paise... Don't waste time thinking of modding Cedia Sports. There is not really anything you can mod (unless you want to down-grade) on a Cedia Sports 2009.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Entrance Exams

Like I mentioned in the Indigo Manza thread, teambhp should start thinking about TEE (teambhp entrance exams)

To answer the question, buy a Zen Estilo, and pimp it (Using the principle of transitivity of car design).

Logic:

If Cedia = Jazz =>Jazz = Estilo => Cedia = Estilo

The Zen Estilo is the perfect step up from the Zen (I presume you have the older model) and it leaves with you with a mind boggling sum of Rs. 9.5 lakhs to mod your ride.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP. I know it will be hard for you to reply again with the kind of replies you will get for the advice you were seeking, but it’s kind of seriously funny.

I believe whats common between Jazz and Cedia is that both are Japanese, both are damn reliable; both have four doors, a hood, 2 fenders, and 2 bumbers. Both have a steering wheel and that about it. But, that’s what your Zen has as well, so why upgrade!

Anyways, to make things simple for you, let me explain, the old zen came with a 1 litre engine that pulled out 60 odd bhp. The Jazz comes with a 1.2 litre i-vtec engine which pulls out around 90 bhp and the cedia comes with a 2 litre engine that pulls out 115 bhp.

The cedia normally is compared to the civic and the altis but now at 10.3lac its sheer value for money product. Moreover, its performance, handling and FE is best in class. Jazz on the other hand is highly overpriced and what one gets by paying 3 lac extra is a bit more space added to say swift.

It would be much better if you take a test drive of both the cars and try to understand the difference between these two cars. Its not only the drive but also the features of the two cars that differ. Please TD the two cars, you won’t need further advice thereafter.

Just an eg, The alto 1.1 and 800 may look same on the face, but there’s a lot of difference between the two.

It seems that you like cars but you don’t know a lot about them. No problem with that, you are logged on to the biggest source of car information in India.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th October 2009 at 12:02.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The Zen Estilo is the perfect step up from the Zen (I presume you have the older model) and it leaves with you with a mind boggling sum of Rs. 9.5 lakhs to mod your ride.

So you mean just because he had a zen before he should buy the estilo even though he has a budget of 10lakhs
Old 28th October 2009, 14:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well, Cooldude, you can't blame Amartya for saying that, given the question asked in the title

To the OP: what are your expectations from your next car? The contenders are as different as chalk & cheese apart from the fact that they both have Japanese roots.

In your place, it would be the Cedia for me. But that's just MHO......
Old 28th October 2009, 18:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am resisting really hard from posting anything funny here

So I will get straight to your querry !!

If you compare the Cedia and the Jazz out of the two - My vote goes for the Cedia.

The Cedia is a far better car with Rally Genes and huge prospects for modifications. The Touch Screen Sat Nav & Alloys are good as they are. Interiors are Leather I think so no need of extra expenditure there also. At About 10 lacs it's a great VFM car.

Just one question though - How can you compare a 1.2 Litre Family Hatch with a 2.0 Litre Sports Sedan ?
Old 28th October 2009, 18:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'm sure some of us would be quite confused reading that comparison and conclusion.
I underestimated. I see that everyone is as confused.

@gaurang
Buy neither. Go for a Honda City VMT. And add a nice body kit to it with the 60-80K you'll save over a Cedia.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:56   #14

Oohlalaaa! My first day and my first post...and the warm welcome just baked me guys! I can only imagine what I'm going to gain out of this heaven now that I'm covered in soot!

Yeah, i realize, my bad...thanks everyone for snapping me out of the confusion.

I realize that I've been a total noob and over-zealous by asking the Honda guy about ECU re-mapping and performance filters. The "extra 2 laks" illusion lured me.

What i really had in mind, was a pretty simple question. Which car has a better scope for upgrades? Now that the Jazz feels and not just seems overpriced, things are a lot more
clearer now.

One question though(hiding under the bed), except the City, are there any other machines I should consider(remember the performance mods)? Okay gaurang, no mindless questions anymore to the boffins out here!

Thanks for all the leads!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited.Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in osts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th December 2009 at 18:48. Reason: See your PM inbox
Old 28th October 2009, 23:13   #15
BHPian

spend 4.5L on a 2007 Cedia , as for the money left with you :

buy another car ??
spend on one-of-a-kind ICE
spend on modding
or anything that you can imagine ?

Most Viewed