Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 11:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi Cedia!...A test drive can change your life.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:12   #32
BHPian

Booked my Cedia

Hey Guys

Thanks to all of you for your valuable comments, a compelling offer was made by Mitsubishi and decided to just go for it ! My Cedia will be delivered in the next 10 days according to the dealer.

@Payne - i have left a PM for you, please revert when you find a moment

Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 20:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the dark side
Old 7th November 2009, 01:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Cedia. The new sports looks great with the OZ alloys and dark grille!
Old 7th November 2009, 09:34   #35
BHPian

Tx guys - but i booked the Spirit variant as going to work in a sport - was not very sure about it - also i loved the ashton grey and that was available only in Spirit.. so, no oz alloys, but yes, surely wud enjoy the cedia drive feel :-)
Old 9th November 2009, 13:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Mitsubishi Cedia!...A test drive can change your life.
Now thats a quote Mitsu people should be using !!! :-)
Old 9th November 2009, 13:29   #37
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Is the Spirit still on sale...? Mitsu website mentions pricing just for the sports while the web page shows Spirit. Does the Spirit come with ACC, touch screen/GPS unit and leather upholsery?

You say Mitsu offered you a terrific deal... mind sharing the OTR or alteast PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Tx guys - but i booked the Spirit variant as going to work in a sport - was not very sure about it - also i loved the ashton grey and that was available only in Spirit.. so, no oz alloys, but yes, surely wud enjoy the cedia drive feel :-)
Old 9th November 2009, 21:02   #38
BHPian

@ Airwind,

Thank you.

Production of Spirit apparently stopped in July '09 but you can still buy it if color of your choice is available. OTR price in pune is 10.63, managed to bring it down to 10.03 as they offered a corporate discount of 50k and also agreed to match the 30% discounted Insurance premium i got in the market. Additionally, they also offered complimentary 3rd year Warranty which would otherwise cost around 7k + teflon coating, mats & perfume. This seemed like a much better deal than the MT high end ANHC in addition to the Honda attitude that loudly says "we anyways dont care if you buy or not"

The current Spirit variant was only launched in december 2008, so, you get most features that come with the sports. To be precise, ACC, touch screen 2 DIN MP3 system with USB interface and leather upholstry are available in Spirit. The things you get additionally in the Sports are - MOMO Steering, Spoiler, front & rear skirting, OZ alloy wheels, Front fog lamps & side stickering (which is a blessing ;-)

The dealer mentioned that the touch screen system in Spirit is compatible with SATNAV systems but does not come pre-loaded like the sports - I can confirm this only after my car is delivered. But yes, likely that GPS may not be there.

I honestly dint care for most of these additional features, especially because the Spirit has chrome grill and chrome door handles and over all looks like a better ride to go to work rather than the sports ! Also, found the full black interiors in the Sports a little gloomy and depressing. I am sure the Beige would be a lot more refreshing. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Kartho, congrats! Looks like the TD did change your life.

Is the dealer throwing in any additional freebies like sun film, under body coating etc?
Old 10th November 2009, 10:33   #40
BHPian

Hi GiLead

I thought the car anyways would come with tinted glass, let me check about that - either ways with so much choice of sun film in the market, would prefer to do it outside. Under body coating is a good point, i think i better get it done if its not included already. The freebies i am getting are complimentary 3rd year Warranty which costs around 7k + teflon coating, mats & perfume

Thx, tc.
Old 10th November 2009, 10:47   #41
BHPian

My choice would be Cedia or ANHC. Both these cars offer great ride and easy on maintenance.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:14   #42
BHPian

Kartho - 10 days past, do you have the ride???

Quote:
Hey Guys

Thanks to all of you for your valuable comments, a compelling offer was made by Mitsubishi and decided to just go for it ! My Cedia will be delivered in the next 10 days according to the dealer.

@Payne - i have left a PM for you, please revert when you find a moment

Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 14:36   #43
BHPian

Hi Airwind

The car is finally in Pune (a couple of days delay due to the cyclone and rains), the dealer will be handing over the car tomorrow after RTO formalities.

I saw the car and did a TD too... i have no words to explain my joy... the car is absolutely fantastic... before i booked i had only one issue with this car - the rear seat length... but now that i have seen my car, it appears this problem pertains only to the Sports variant. The seats are comfortable and long enough to support the Thighs completely.

I loved the Ashton Grey, the grill in this car with the chrome handles, gives a very rich feel and look - I feel like i am owning a Merc :-) Its a real executive car, i can go on and on about the car... but would post some pics for you to see :-)

The touch screen system in this car is very responsive - i found it a little hard to use in the TD car (sports variant) - which is also apparently sold now :-) The dealer said, everytime they get a test car, with in a week it gets sold and they once again end up waiting for 10 days for the next car to come... though its a TD car, people insist on immediate delivery i beleive. Looking at the price tag and the product, i really wouldnt doubt that !!

Only one problem i am facing with the car is, i am finding it really difficult to engage the Reverse gear, its basically all the lower side gears, the 2nd is not too difficult, but not smooth, 4th is a little more difficult and Reverse - something i need to struggle 3 - 4 times everytime to engage it... If people can comment on this it will be very helpful as i am not sure if its normal ???? though i doubt it ! For info, my old car is an OHC

Regarding your earlier question, i can confirm that there is no GPS software in this system, you need to buy/install it seperately i beleive - the provision for NAV software and Subwoofer installation already seems to be present

Thanks, Karthik
Old 16th November 2009, 20:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Airwind

Only one problem i am facing with the car is, i am finding it really difficult to engage the Reverse gear, its basically all the lower side gears, the 2nd is not too difficult, but not smooth, 4th is a little more difficult and Reverse - something i need to struggle 3 - 4 times everytime to engage it... If people can comment on this it will be very helpful as i am not sure if its normal ???? though i doubt it ! For info, my old car is an OHC
Karthik,
Congrats mate!!.

The gears would be a little tight for sometime, as you use it more it would be smooth(er). After the second service at 6 months its super sure gear shifts now.

I had test-driven a friends NHC and gearshift was tooo (much) smooth. I guess OHC might also be having a similiar gearbox. Cedia, I guess can never that level of smoothness, but after sometime I am addicted to Cedia gearshifts :-).
Old 17th November 2009, 02:22   #45
BHPian

Wise decision Kartho, Congrats on your new Cedia!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks