Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 01:23   #1

Honda Civic now or wait for 2010 release

i am like all set for the civic.
but to wait for 2010 or not and what to expect?
Old 1st November 2009, 09:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

To the best of my knowledge, the new Civic is not going to come up fast. The current version is doing quite good in almost all its major markets. And not very long ago, the current generation Civic was updated with some cosmetic changes.

The next generation Civic is rumored to be designed as a smaller car on the exterior than the current generation car. IMO, its not worth to wait for so long. Again we dont know the pricing of the new Civic even if it makes into our shores in mid 2010.

Even if new generation civic is coming in 2010, I think it will come late in 2010.
Old 1st November 2009, 09:21   #3
Team-BHP Support

Personally I doubt the all new civic will come at least for another 18 months (minimum). If you're sold specifically on the civic and need a car, you may as well buy the current one now - we know even prev gen hondas hold their values well so even if you sell your civic after the new one is launched it should not do too badly. If you're willing to wait 18 months +, then I guess its no point zeroing in on a particular car so early since you don't know what other better options may exist at that point.
Old 1st November 2009, 10:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Recently (few months ago) new facelifted Honda Civic has been introduced
i do not think for atleast next 12-15 months anything new would be introduced.

If you have already made up your mind to go for Civic, just go for it,
Civic is a great car
Old 1st November 2009, 12:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wait till Auto Expo and see if they have a new Civic exepected soon. If not then go ahead and buy one.

Anyways it is the end of the year and I'd suggest buy a 2010 model in February.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

doubt if a new Civic is on way as a facelift was released recently. That said - Civic has now lost the market leadership to Altis - and that might prompt Honda to bring a newer version faster.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:34   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I understood exactly as Vkochar. He is not asking about face lifted Civic but should he buy now or wait and buy the 2010 model?

Unless there is lucrative discounts, it would make sense to buy in Feb'10. But, the problem is sometimes new year model doesnt come until March as they would want to clear the backlogs first.

Buying in Dec end can also get you some good deals if your ok with 2009 model.

EDIT : Btw, What are the discounts being offered and OTR price of it in Hyderabad?

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st November 2009 at 12:37.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I understood exactly as Vkochar. He is not asking about face lifted Civic but should he buy now or wait and buy the 2010 model?

Unless there is lucrative discounts, it would make sense to buy in Feb'10. But, the problem is sometimes new year model doesnt come until March as they would want to clear the backlogs first.

Buying in Dec end can also get you some good deals if your ok with 2009 model.

EDIT : Btw, What are the discounts being offered and OTR price of it in Hyderabad?
Discounts are I think Free Insurance only ( if you get a good deal that is ).

Honda is known for not letting their customers know when a new model is being launched. Since they are too interested in clearing their stocks without any discounts.

For instance my friend brought the ANHC BUT was not too keen on buying it as he wanted Alloys & Fog Lamps - he saw on TV that the new ANHC facelifted would have these 2 things. He had already booked his car and was waiting to pick his car when the dealer said the new model s not expected for at least 3 - 4 months. Well he picked up the car, and the new one was launched in 2 days !! Later on we found out that the ANHC with these 2 new fitments was actually in the dealers stock yard covered.

It is a very small facelift BUT someone spending nearly 10 lacs on a car would love to buy the latest model.

Last edited by vkochar : 1st November 2009 at 12:46.
Old 1st November 2009, 17:30   #9

Thanks.

While doing some research before making any decision (on Civic that is), came across - 2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Specifications - Official Honda Web Site So please bare with me on this. Should anything advertised here influence my decision of buying the Civic in coming 2-3 months time? I'm prepared to wait till Feb.2010.

One more question btw. For the missing Bluetooth HF in current Civics what's the solution?
Old 1st November 2009, 22:09   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

the 2010 civic..

hope Honda launches it soon in India....they've launched it even in Brazil
Honda Civic now or wait for 2010 release-civic10r.jpg
Name:  Civic19.JPG
Views: 3066
Size:  35.1 KB
Old 2nd November 2009, 01:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
hope Honda launches it soon in India....they've launched it even in Brazil
Attachment 219460
Attachment 219461
that is not the 2010 model civic.
it is the same 8th generation model that came in 2006, but made for the european markets.
we asians are having the so called jdm civic/civic fd.
btw, i think our civic is much better than this euro civic as per the looks are concerned.

Last edited by captainsokhi : 2nd November 2009 at 01:11.
Old 2nd November 2009, 01:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.gulawani View Post
Thanks.

While doing some research before making any decision (on Civic that is), came across - 2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Specifications - Official Honda Web Site So please bare with me on this. Should anything advertised here influence my decision of buying the Civic in coming 2-3 months time? I'm prepared to wait till Feb.2010.

One more question btw. For the missing Bluetooth HF in current Civics what's the solution?
those features are not available on india civic and i dont think will be available in anything less than a year, and then again not all will be here.

For the missing Bluetooth HF, u can always use some regular universal ones that fit to the power socket of your car. Another benefit is you can switch them in different cars.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:17   #13
Team-BHP Support

This is also available in the US market - what we get in India is the Jap domestic market version. Both are same generation as already outlined by some readers above.

Bluetooth solution: I think some dealer in Milan Subway (@ Bbay) had once showed me what he claimed was an original Honda (imported) bluetooth kit that can be installed aftermarket. You could check if any prominent car accessory stores in Hyd offer a similar product. It was not exactly cheap (around 16 - 18 K if I recollect correctly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.gulawani View Post
Thanks.

Old 2nd November 2009, 12:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

IMO it is too premature to speculate on the 2010 Civic (if one is to be launched in India) at this point of time when the Civic has undergone a makeover recently. Only time has to tell.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:35   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
For instance my friend brought the ANHC BUT was not too keen on buying it as he wanted Alloys & Fog Lamps - he saw on TV that the new ANHC facelifted would have these 2 things. He had already booked his car and was waiting to pick his car when the dealer said the new model s not expected for at least 3 - 4 months. Well he picked up the car, and the new one was launched in 2 days !! Later on we found out that the ANHC with these 2 new fitments was actually in the dealers stock yard covered.

It is a very small facelift BUT someone spending nearly 10 lacs on a car would love to buy the latest model.
Did he fight with the dealer and got the alloys and fog lamps fitted if there was no price difference for the face lifted ANHC?

I would have raised a storm if he hadn't fitted these 2 items for sure.

Most Viewed