Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 23:34   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Oh im not talking about only the interiors. The interior plastics on the Civic are good overall. I mean as a car overall. The way the door shuts, how soon rattles start. The cruze feels more solid than the civic (Just my opinion). Of course honda has come a long way since the OHC..

You might find getting an auto for test drive a little hard. Even in big cities all dealers dont have it. But in the auto the turbo lag was not that bad and or annoying.
The turbo lag is what I want to avoid as I know I will be disappointed and as they say, first impression is the last impression. Anyways, if the auto is not available for the test drive, I will take the test on the manual and move on. However, since I know what to expect from the Civic and if the Cruze mightily impresses me with its equipment level, I will just go ahead and book it. Moreover, the more I make the wife test vehicles, the more she will be confused and I don't want to risk my sleep.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:52   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Sumit, Cruze is a very "male" car and am not sure your wife will be impressed with the toy boy gimmickry on offer. I'd say the Honda Civic would be perfect.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sumit, Cruze is a very "male" car and am not sure your wife will be impressed with the toy boy gimmickry on offer. I'd say the Honda Civic would be perfect.
You don't know my wife. She will in fact love the "toy boy gimmickry on offer"!
Old 6th September 2010, 23:57   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
You don't know my wife. She will in fact love the "toy boy gimmickry on offer"!
Well then what are you waiting for?
Old 7th September 2010, 00:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Well then what are you waiting for?
Team-BHP has taught me not to decide or book a vehicle without a Test Drive. So a TD has to happen. Moreover, I will let my wife tell me that "I want this!" before I make the formal booking. Afterall, its her car.
Old 7th September 2010, 00:45   #81
BHPian

If the car is for the home ministry and the minster chooses a budget of 15lacs to floor her, then wouldn't the Fiat 500 be in the picture ? Albeit, it may not have all the bells and whistles("Lounge" doesn't lack much by the way), but surely this will elevate the dear one to celebrity levels of recognition.

Some might say its opulence that will get portrayed, but IMO......I'm sure the fairer sex would love the feeling of owning this car.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 7th September 2010 at 00:52.
Old 7th September 2010, 00:59   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
If the car is for the home ministry and the minster chooses a budget of 15lacs to floor her, then wouldn't the Fiat 500 be in the picture ? Albeit, it may not have all the bells and whistles("Lounge" doesn't lack much by the way), but surely this will elevate the dear one to celebrity levels of recognition.

Some might say its opulence that will get portrayed, but IMO......I'm sure the fairer sex would love the feeling of owning this car.
I think Fiat has sold its quota of 500s in India. I'm not sure if it's still available; I highly doubt it though. But you've got a point! You're on to something alright! Why go in for a sedan just because you've got 15 lakhs?

Why don't you think out of the box, Sumit?
Old 7th September 2010, 19:36   #83
BHPian

If I wanted to go for a hatch, I would have settled for the i20 itself. I am of a typical Indian mentality and aspire to own the "badi gaadi". That is the reason I want to go in for a sedan instead of a hatch.

I got in touch with the Honda dealership yesterday evening over email and they responded today. They don't have an automatic civic for a test drive and so I have been offered a test drive of the manual version. On the other hand, the Chevrolet dealership is putting me off already. They have not responded as yet. It seems they're not really interested to sell me a car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks