Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 06:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro!

Get them to give you discounts and not accessories as much as is possible. Also, in case you are going to get your insurance from outside, I would recommend you check which one comes with a cashless policy at your service center. That should go a long way in easing up troubles in event of a claim.

All the best for the wait bro.

Cheers!
Old 22nd November 2009, 07:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Insurance Amount quoted by Dealers are really shocking. Somehow we have to teach them a lesson reporting this to regulatory authority. It looks like deal is between insurance company and Dealers and they both eat the extra amount charged.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Congrats bro!

Get them to give you discounts and not accessories as much as is possible.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
I am going to make a slight issue on that and probably get them to through in a free 3M and Teflon coat too. And probably some other free accessories.
@Jo: Glad that you have made the right and sane decision by going in for the new Civic and of course in the colour of your choice too.

Whilst you exhaust all your efforts in pushing the dealer for more freebies in terms of accessories, I strongly suggest you stay away from the teflon coating. 3M paint protection is good though and I would recommend that over the teflon coating.

All the best and do post some pics once you get your magnificent black beauty.
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

To add to what rr_zen has already stated.

The Teflon coat is one of the most popular ways to waste money. However, it has proven to be effective on some counts when the car is consistently driven in coastal areas. In the plains it is pretty useless.
I do not however, know the situation down there. Chennai/ Mumbai/ Kolkata guys would be able to advise better.

About the 3M paint protection: It is okay. Their rejuvenation package is great, haven't heard enough reviews to conclude whether the paint protection is VFM or not.
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:48   #35
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys. Thanks for all the great insight on how the purchase process works. I finally decided to go for the new model in Black color. They say it may take around 2-3 weeks for delivery. I will let you know when its ready and post some pics.
Great decision ... Also heard that the new civic does not bottom like the old one used to, must be handy for Tvm roads.

Regarding delivery, keeping following up with the dealer, else the Tvm dealers will take you for a ride.. Even worst if you have given 'em some decent booking amount.. ( I have experienced it thrice).

There is definite disconnect from manufactures to dealers in North vis-a-vis the ones at TVM. Push them .. and you could even get it in 2 weeks..

One more word of causion; Don't ever change the color if the dealer promise a speedy delivery on that.. It does not work and is a prank to delay further.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

My first year insurance from the dealership - ~45k. Second year from HDFC, outside : 13k.

And to add insult to injury, the insurance from the dealership didn't have cashless payment. The one claim I did took months to resolve. HDFC on the other hand, deals directly, employs courteous people, is very generous when it comes to approving things and I only had to pay the difference on my second claim.

Lesson learned.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 23rd November 2009 at 09:47.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:39   #37
BHPian

Insurance comparison

Here are the Insurance amounts I paid:
Civic-S-AT, 2007, on-road price approx: 13K (in Tamilnadu)

New car - 39,000/-
1st year - 25,824/-
2nd year - 14,788/-

With no claims till now.
(Now reading this thread I feel I could have saved money the first two times if I had bargained hard!).
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:13   #38
BHPian

Thanks all. I will definitly keep you all updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@Jo: Glad that you have made the right and sane decision by going in for the new Civic and of course in the colour of your choice too.
I see, so goin for the older version was insane huh! No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Congrats bro!
Get them to give you discounts and not accessories as much as is possible. Also, in case you are going to get your insurance from outside, I would recommend you check which one comes with a cashless policy at your service center. That should go a long way in easing up troubles in event of a claim.
Thanks. I wonder what else can I say to them to get a cash discount.
I just got off the phone with them, and they have no intent in giving any discounts or accessories now that they know I am goin to get a big cut on the Insurance!!

Prices as below -
Base Price - Rs 13,68,200
Insurance - Rs 50,578 (Going to reduce it to around 26k)
Road Tax - Rs 82,092
Total - Rs 15,00,870
After Lower Insur around Rs 14.76L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
Regarding delivery, keeping following up with the dealer, else the Tvm dealers will take you for a ride.. Even worst if you have given 'em some decent booking amount.. ( I have experienced it thrice).
There is definite disconnect from manufactures to dealers in North vis-a-vis the ones at TVM. Push them .. and you could even get it in 2 weeks..
Yeh why do they have to play hard to get anyways! I just had to ask them twice on the same call, and the exec changes from "not possible" to a "I will make some calls and try my best and get back to you soon". If they can then why do we always have to push them to do it...arrr
Gave them a really low booking amount, and also the check was out of city check, so they just kept it on hold and will accept the complete amount on arrival of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
One more word of causion; Don't ever change the color if the dealer promise a speedy delivery on that.. It does not work and is a prank to delay further.
I know! To them it doesnt make a difference its just one more unit sold away! They have already played that card thrice now. Tempted me enough, but I have put my foot down now and going to stick with BLACK!
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
My first year insurance from the dealership - ~45k. Second year from HDFC, outside : 13k.

And to add insult to injury, the insurance from the dealership didn't have cashless payment. The one claim I did took months to resolve. HDFC on the other hand, deals directly, employs courteous people, is very generous when it comes to approving things and I only had to pay the difference on my second claim.

Lesson learned.
ImmortalZ, do they have a web link from where we can calculate the premium online without having to get in touch with someone in HDFC? Thanks. BTW, this is a big eye opener!
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
ImmortalZ, do they have a web link from where we can calculate the premium online without having to get in touch with someone in HDFC? Thanks. BTW, this is a big eye opener!
You can check this link Car Insurance,Car Insurance Quotes,Car Insurance India,Online Car Insurance Quotes
Or just google "car insurance india" they have plenty other sites that compares the quotes and details of all policies.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Don't just go by the online quotes though. The agents can be battered down to get even more discounts, especially if you have/offer to get HDFC bank accounts.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:54   #42
BHPian

The exec says that they can provide the insurance at 41k... and their reason goes as follows -
"This is the Honda Assurance program, where you can make any claim at any Honda service centers accross india and can directly be dealt at the Honda service center... etc"

Is there anything valid in this? I thought generally when a claim occurs, its between the insurance company and us. What is the relationship between a claim to not be accepted or so with a Dealer/Service center?

So my question is, what is the difference between the insurance I can get for 25k and the "Honda Assurance" insurance that the dealer is giving out for 41k.

Bottom line, I assume people on this forum had have several claims with several non-dealer insurances and it all worked fine, correct? So is this one really relavant or another one of their acts?

I did a search on Honda assurance progam on TBHP, but since this thing was launched only on Nov 2009, there weren't any articles on it.

BTW, they refuse to give any other Cash discounts. I called up Peninsular Cochin to generally enquire about the price and offers. They said they can do upto 12k discount on insurance (compared to my current offer of 9k by the TVM dealer), and Rear Park Sensor for free.

I also asked them, since both are Peninsulars, if this offer can be transfered to the TVM dealer so that I can get the same payment here... Exec says - Sure why not!! Ha!

This just shows that Cochin dealers are more humble to negotiate than the one at TVM. Frankly speaking, their adamant proud "I am Honda" tone is getting old and not willing to negotiate is really turning me off.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The exec says that they can provide the insurance at 41k... and their reason goes as follows -
"This is the Honda Assurance program, where you can make any claim at any Honda service centers accross india and can directly be dealt at the Honda service center... etc"

Is there anything valid in this? I thought generally when a claim occurs, its between the insurance company and us. What is the relationship between a claim to not be accepted or so with a Dealer/Service center?

So my question is, what is the difference between the insurance I can get for 25k and the "Honda Assurance" insurance that the dealer is giving out for 41k.

Bottom line, I assume people on this forum had have several claims with several non-dealer insurances and it all worked fine, correct? So is this one really relavant or another one of their acts?

I did a search on Honda assurance progam on TBHP, but since this thing was launched only on Nov 2009, there weren't any articles on it.

BTW, they refuse to give any other Cash discounts. I called up Peninsular Cochin to generally enquire about the price and offers. They said they can do upto 12k discount on insurance (compared to my current offer of 9k by the TVM dealer), and Rear Park Sensor for free.

I also asked them, since both are Peninsulars, if this offer can be transfered to the TVM dealer so that I can get the same payment here... Exec says - Sure why not!! Ha!

This just shows that Cochin dealers are more humble to negotiate than the one at TVM. Frankly speaking, their adamant proud "I am Honda" tone is getting old and not willing to negotiate is really turning me off.
I think you have not seen this: -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-program.html
Old 25th November 2009, 09:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Yeh, but its regarding the launch, and it does list a lot of features, but for a person like me who has literally never had a claim or dealing directly with any insurance company for like the last 5 years, this whole area is still pretty new to me and most of it doesnt make sense

I guess 41k is an OK price, and if the NCB % works for this one too, I may get a 25-35% discount on the 41k price which would be around 26-30k.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeh, but its regarding the launch, and it does list a lot of features, but for a person like me who has literally never had a claim or dealing directly with any insurance company for like the last 5 years, this whole area is still pretty new to me and most of it doesnt make sense

I guess 41k is an OK price, and if the NCB % works for this one too, I may get a 25-35% discount on the 41k price which would be around 26-30k.
Why don't you ask a dealer to give something in writing for this honda assurance program.

Tell them to show you what is the difference between the basic insurance and there insurance.

I think (I am not sure) this has to be something like a Maruti insurance where in they give you less discount and earn lot of money them selves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks