Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 10:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

I'll tell you this much - HDFC deals directly with the service center and it's not a part of the Honda Assurance or whatnot. And as far as I know, this is the same across India.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:36   #47
BHPian

Looks like I there will not be any signs of delivery this month. The info I got from the dealers are as follows - They have stopped production of all 2009 vehicles and began producing the 2010 vehicles. So after 2 weeks in december they will know if they are getting any vehicles or if it will be pushed off to Jan.

Upsides - I may get a 2010 vehicle
Downside - It may not be until Jan or so which sucks because this is like igniting a flame and putting it on low when I want it to be on full force!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I'll tell you this much - HDFC deals directly with the service center and it's not a part of the Honda Assurance or whatnot. And as far as I know, this is the same across India.
That was what I thought if there was any difference at all.
The exec said that with Honda assurance, you do not have to go to the insurance company, its directly dealt through Honda itself. Instead of going to the insurance company at the time of any claim, honda would take care of everything from start to finish.

Well all better said and done, I had 3 yrs/100k warranty on my chevy aveo, and I still am to get anything done FREE on warranty because so far I am paying for everything and I am not enjoying it. I even had to pay for a bubble in the tyre. Most of them ruled it out as manufacturing defect but the tyre company says its not covered under warranty because it looks like a damage that happened from driving (which it was not, because the tyre and rim was spotless of any impact or dent).
And you think about it, well obviously damages would arise because of driving... thats why people have CARS! What do they expect? Insurance covers only if the tyres rot from being idle in a garage? Right.

Anyways, back to the Honda Civic, still eagerly waiting for the call and hoping to re-ignite the flame soon.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

With HDFC, what you do is sign where the service advisor asks you to and let him handle the claim. HDFC calls you up and fixes a good time to inspect your car, which they will do while it's at the service center or at your place. The latter is a great option in case you are waiting for parts that you need to do your repair and don't want to let the car sit at the dealership until then. In my case, I had to wait more than a week for my fender to arrive and HDFC was happy to inspect the car at my convenience.

Once they inspect and approve everything, the dealership begins the work. After everything is done, HDFC pays the dealership whatever has been approved and you pay the rest.

So, the only difference with Honda Assurance is the massive difference in premium and two signatures.

Worth it? I don't think so.

As for warranty replacements, I'm yet to have anything replaced under warranty. I'll be replacing the RHS engine mount soon. I had complained about a suspension noise and they've diagnosed it to this mount. It'll be replaced under warranty. Engine mounts seem to be the only "known problem" with the current Civics.

Most manufacturers won't cover faults with tyres. They lump it all under the wear and tear clause and tyre manufacturers are notorious for never giving replacements for anything, be it manufacturing defects.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With HDFC,
1. what you do is sign where the service advisor asks you to and let him handle the claim.
2. HDFC calls you up and fixes a good time to inspect your car, which they will do while it's at the service center or at your place.
3. The latter is a great option in case you are waiting for parts that you need to do your repair and don't want to let the car sit at the dealership until then. In my case, I had to wait more than a week for my fender to arrive and HDFC was happy to inspect the car at my convenience.
4. Once they inspect and approve everything, the dealership begins the work. After everything is done, HDFC pays the dealership whatever has been approved and you pay the rest.
Above point 1,2,3 & 4 I think you can do this with all the Pvt. companies as far as my knowledge goes. I am not commenting on gov. insurance company as I don't think they will give this kind of high end service to client.
Old 4th December 2009, 19:07   #50
BHPian

There is also the benefit (as they say) of being accepted at any Honda centers across India in case you need any repairs or change done. Not sure how it works in other parts of india, but in kerala there exist a clear difference between a car bought from a dealer X and a dealer Y. "Dealer ego wars and politics" as I call it. Sometimes they deny services for car X just because its brought from dealer Y even though both are from the same Mother Brand. Maybe this is an added benefit? Maybe not?

Also if you need some replacement done in some other state, you do not have to go and look for your insurance agent/company for the claim, you can directly deal with the Honda people and make their lives miserable right away . If thats not possible with the existing insurance deals then I think this one should be a good thing.

There isnt much price difference. I was quoted 41k for the insurance, and I am pretty sure that with the NCB % i have, I can get another 10-15k discount on the premium.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:23   #51
BHPian

Well this should be a major twist! I booked Corolla GL instead.
I went with my brain on this one rather than following my heart. I figured its not the right time to buy the Civic for the following reasons.

1. The civic model is almost 3years old, and since most of the cars in the same luxury segment has a dozen more features than the civic, its pretty obvious that they would make an upgrade soon or atleast in the next couple of years, and that would terribly throw down the resale value incase I want to sell it after a few years.

2. The price is almost 1-2 lakhs more that the other cars of the same class, and again would be difficult reselling scenario for the car in a couple of years. Ofcourse civic will always have its looks, but the picky buyers are just going to point out the obvious.

3. Being a family with "big" people, the negative reviews on the GC and soft suspension is a big concern for me, and I know it can be fixed to an extent if I go for 17" wheels or get a harder suspension upgrade. Eventhough, it maybe just a few occassions where the back seat might be crowded, but I would hate to have a reason for my orthodox elders to pin point on something like scraping issue on city/town pot holes and speed breakers by a car worth 15L.

4. Corolla offered free insurance and I ended up saving 2L on my purchase (as compared to if I had chosen civic). So looks like I have enough left over for a Christmas/New year vacation! Ha!

So I decided to go for the Corolla GL MT. The 4speed AT version was available only for the usual colors and they refuse to even look for a Black AT. I saw some reviews that the FE is slightly lesser on the AT version being only 4speed, and also again, resale value could possibly be down on AT because there are other 5speed cars of the same segment.

Why worry so much about resale value? Because I want to get a good price to buy my next car after say 2 or 5 ... might be an upgraded civic, or accord, or audi TT, or Nissan 350Z or BMW.
Hoping that indian road scenario would be better then so as to not worry about GC and other stuff.

The civic has always been a "love at first sight" on every aspect, but I rather wait a couple more years for an updated model to come, than to spend 15L on a model with less features.

I am still not 100% satisfied with the Corolla. The cabin space is much lesser than the civic, and I feel the front dash and steering is much close to the seat even when I pull the seat completely back. I also need to get used to the super sensitive brakes.
The booking experience wasn't that satisfying either because they did not throw in any free stuff! Not even Mats or Sun Film. Oh well, will have to spend a few bucks there. These things did make me think again, if I have to go with the corolla or civic.. but it was settled and booking amount given.

The car will arrive in a couple of days, and I will purchase it later next week after all the Pre-delivery Checkup

PS: Really had a tough time looking up for Black Altis pictures to help make my decision on the color. Looks like the Atlis is made 70% for the Pearl White (ivory) color and 30% for the Metallic Silver! TBHP has one post with Black altis, looks like mine would be the second

Last edited by jocreative : 9th December 2009 at 21:25.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

'gratz on the purchase.

I've had a couple of "elders" complain about the low slung nature of the car. It just annoys me to the core that the people who complain are generally the distant ones mooching a free ride. *grumbles about ungrateful relatives* I usually make it plain that I don't give a damn about what they think or their comfort. My parents bloody love the car and that's about all I care about. You Sir who wanted a ride to the bus stand from the wedding hall after not talking to us for years can take a hike or shut the hell up when you are in my car and keep your opinions to yourself. *grumbles some more*

Never mind me
Old 9th December 2009, 21:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
'gratz on the purchase.

I've had a couple of "elders" complain about the low slung nature of the car. It just annoys me to the core that the people who complain are generally the distant ones mooching a free ride. *grumbles about ungrateful relatives* I usually make it plain that I don't give a damn about what they think or their comfort. My parents bloody love the car and that's about all I care about. You Sir who wanted a ride to the bus stand from the wedding hall after not talking to us for years can take a hike or shut the hell up when you are in my car and keep your opinions to yourself. *grumbles some more*

Never mind me

Exactly what I mean. Dont worry about the happiness of the actual new owner but pin point about the small things thats hardly 1% of the ride!

Good that you got support! Mine are the star characters of the "All you can whine" sitcom.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:49   #54
BHPian

Bought Corolla!

Finally took delivery of my new sparkling black corolla today. Man it looks hot. And I wished the ride back home never ended! The drive is so smooth and has that "new car" scent that just sends thinkles from within!

It got dark (too soon) so I could not take any pictures. Waiting for the sun to be back up so i can take another good look at it and for another drive!

Totally physched! Will post pics soon.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

congrats.. i know.. the smell of the new car is even better than the best perfumes lol... black would looks awesome.. post some pics soon
Old 17th December 2009, 23:32   #56
BHPian

Yeh totally! Think I will go to bed early tonite
Old 18th December 2009, 09:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation on the delivery of the car.

Please post Front dash's panel photo.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:58   #58
BHPian

I created a new thread and posted some pics there. Here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1640149

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks