Team-BHP - Skoda turbo petrol-Rider or RS?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Skoda turbo petrol-Rider or RS? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/6991-skoda-turbo-petrol-rider-rs.html)

Hi guys

The Skoda RS is much more expensive compared to the rider. Does it make sense to buy the rider and upgrade the alloy wheels, seats ,spoiler etc from the dealer and save approx 1 lakh?

Thanks

Depends on what brand wheels and tires you are buying. If you can find a buyer for your stock wheels and tires, all the more better.

dude if ur gonna put everytin thats on the RS, its gonna cost u way more than the RS price. And the spoiler, alloys(OE), seats and stuff are not that cheap, these could cost u arnd a lakh itself. and by the way, are u talkin abt the 1.8tpi or 2.0p??

2.0 Petrol is still available ?

@mrhap dude - there is no point buying aftermarket parts/accessories from the dealer itself ...look elsewhere you are sure to get more variety and price options ...
cheers

I THINK (not sure) that the TCS and rear discs on the RS don't make an appearance on the 1.8 TPI.

Otherwise, it would seem the way to go.

your forgot the moon roof ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
and by the way, are u talkin abt the 1.8tpi or 2.0p??

I think his topic clearly mentions Turbo Petrol. He only wants to make a decision between the Rider and RS versions.

Frankly pal, even if you go in for the mods, only a majority of them can be done. Some, like Traction control and steering mounted radio controls might not be possible. If you consider these as important, i suggest you go in for the RS.

Revv

if you have the moolah ... for for the RS ...
i wont suggest getting the Rider upgraded ...
and Incase you do decide to do so ... please look at some reliable after market stuff ... but I am a little uncomfortable with that kind of stuff ... plus as mentioned ...things like Traction control will be next to impossible to do ...

decide if you just want a Skoda or a 'better' Skoda ...
for me .... the Rider would do just fine ... but that my opinion and I encourage you to take an independent decision ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
I THINK (not sure) that the TCS and rear discs on the RS don't make an appearance on the 1.8 TPI.

Otherwise, it would seem the way to go.

dunno abt tcs but tpi 1.8 has rear discs.

would suggest the rs if it's in your budget.

I am not sure, but the RS probably also has stiffer shocks and springs, which are not cheap to modify.

Good thing about buying the Rider is that if you do decide to modify you can go one step ahead of the RS and get even bigger wheels and tires.

The skoda Vrs Does not have traction control

The cost difference is about 2L. In this the moon roof, headlight washers and uphosltery take up a major chunk. The rest are just bells and whistles. I assume the Rider has rear discs if not get the RS.

The Stanley Napa leather upholstery is not cheap. Anything less will feel like less. Trust me I know. My RS was flooded on 26/7 and I will now have to pay for new upholstery. Insurance will only cover cleaning the existing seats.

If you do decide to get the RS make sure you get the uphosltery creame polished. None of that spray protection though it make leather hard and birttle.

Don't forget, the RS would be easier to sell and have better resale value. The petrol Rider model's depreciate like a rock sinking.

Plus, you don't get those terrific front buckets in the rider.

Well, here's what u'll get in the RS and won't get in the 1.8TPi
1.Xenons
2.Headlamp washers
3.Rain sensing wipers
4.Recaro type seats
5.Sunroof
6.Reverse sensors
7.Hot front bumper and sexy tail pipe
8.Nice 16" Skoda Spider Alloys
9.205/55 R16 Bridgestones(Or Dunlops??)
10.A nice 8speaker Alpine music sys
11.Three spoke sports steering, sports pedals, vRS gear knob and the all imp. vRS Badge!
12.Rear Spoiler
13.This may not count, but the stunning Yellow colour

guys, any points i've missed out on??

14. Auto Climate Control