Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2005, 10:05   #46
BHPian

Really really FAIL to understand WHY people are so obsessed with Fiat. Get a life, people.

Let people buy whatever car they like. They are entitled to making this decision themselves. No need to chastise them because we think Fiat is worth its salt. Some other cars are equally good, or even better.

Btw, I own a Petra. So dont bother flaming me.
Old 11th August 2005, 10:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
to top all these,
I am seriously negotiating to buy a S10 Palio GTX at 3.5 Lakhs.
Man, BHP-people will really think I am nuts.
I don't ! I'd readily buy one if I get it cheap ..
But isn't 3.5 quite high for the S10 ? I mean the last lot probably sold for around 4ish ... and then it's a car not in production (Fiat dealer in Kolkata is still not aware that the GTX is available .. autocar mentions that its available if you order it) ..

So, although a fine car, should you not bargain for a sub 2 L price ?
Old 11th August 2005, 11:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
This whole post is so bloody hilarious. One gent has decided not to go for a Fiat and you have members falling over each other to either change his mind or castigate him for daring to consider other cars.....
And since when did we have to go out of our way and call up or mail the entire organization chart of a manufacturer to BUY car???????????
Nothing to argue about that. But do keep in mind that there are a number of members here who criticize Fiat (cars not the company) for no rhyme or reason. The problem is that we have seen some venom being directed against Fiat and there is a feeling that some people criticize the car and the back up without having actually gone through it. Though of course there is the counter view that people plumbing for Fiat dont actually buy those cars.

And I second Camry. If vivek has decided not to go for Fiat, that is a decision that he is taking in his personal interest. Let us help him with other choices.
Old 11th August 2005, 11:54   #49
BHPian

U r right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
I don't ! I'd readily buy one if I get it cheap ..
But isn't 3.5 quite high for the S10 ? I mean the last lot probably sold for around 4ish ... and then it's a car not in production (Fiat dealer in Kolkata is still not aware that the GTX is available .. autocar mentions that its available if you order it) ..

So, although a fine car, should you not bargain for a sub 2 L price ?
Yes, u r right.
But the S10 has done only 7000KMs.

I am thinking about it.
I have to buy a diesel one too, since I commute 50kms everyday.
may be a Accent CRDI

Last edited by v_s_natarajan : 11th August 2005 at 11:57. Reason: spelling
Old 11th August 2005, 12:05   #50
BHPian

I guess this problem exists with most car companies & dealers. Spicy marketing, salty sales and bitter service!

Hope they read these posts and start taking some serious action.
Old 11th August 2005, 13:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
Well said Steeroid...

Vivek singhji, you can lodge a complaint to the police showing that so many guys are threatening you online , though I don't think you can file a civil suite showing that this company is not selling its product to you. As far as I know, a vendor can refuse a sale to a customer provided there are viable reasons.

Some pun is intended here. Don't know the folks will hang me till I die...
Hey Sandeep, I have no such intentions :-) however I just wanted to give me best shot to Fiat since their cars are pretty good. Another perspective was that I didn't want to get swayed one way or another coz of dealer or one fiat rep..and hence i made an effort to approach the Fiat India corporation..throwing the challenge to them to put their best forward considering "they are trying to improve scheme of things with new MD" however story has nothing to write abt so far..However I must say lot of ppl have been extremly helpful ( not fiat but ppl who own fiat Cars). So as a courtsy to their efforts, I am holding the decision for one more day...Someone from Fiat is supposed to call me today.

My intention of sharing this interaction with the group is to share the Fiat story so that everyone gets the perspective abt what is Fiat India all abt....weather they are really improving or not. If they can not even provide marketing support for big prospective customer..wat leeway/support can one individual buyer get and that too when he/she has already bought the car.

So lets wait and see if Fiat ears have really got bigger..as we all thought
Old 11th August 2005, 21:40   #52
BHPian

Mods,

Pls. close this thread...Fiat is finally out of contention.
Old 20th August 2005, 02:25   #53
BHPian

VIVEK...please please please arrange for some extra dough, and go for the Scorpio CRDe! trust me, u will love this beast of a machine! u will never want another baleno or marina or fiat adventure! and the Scorpio is goin to give u very economical maintenence bills, meaning the periodic maintenence. and as such, will last u for a good long time! 2 years i used my Scorpio , rugged! over ditches and smooth tar roads, goes everywhere, feels like a car, the steering is the best part now even the engine is amongst the best features of the car! before u buy anything, do testdrive the CRDe Scorpio, then decide!
Old 20th August 2005, 15:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
VIVEK...please please please arrange for some extra dough, and go for the Scorpio CRDe! trust me, u will love this beast of a machine! u will never want another baleno or marina or fiat adventure! and the Scorpio is goin to give u very economical maintenence bills, meaning the periodic maintenence. and as such, will last u for a good long time! 2 years i used my Scorpio , rugged! over ditches and smooth tar roads, goes everywhere, feels like a car, the steering is the best part now even the engine is amongst the best features of the car! before u buy anything, do testdrive the CRDe Scorpio, then decide!
You are touching my raw nerve - I wanted to buy Scorpio however I don't want to spend extra 2-3 dough on it as I want to buy a flat as well. Some investment afterall...since car just depreciates. I would buy the SUV at later date when I have some cash to spare.

Sometime u need to go against ur heart :-(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed