Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 11:23   #16
BHPian

I only have two words, Stay away ! why would you want to invest in a car which has run over a lac and half kms, unless your are really confident and have an easy approach in handling/facing unexpected operational issues ? Operational issues can be so painful and takes away your peace of mind thus spoiling your physical and mental health.

Of course the price being quoted after further negotiation would appear to be a bomb for such a C segment car like Camry. But you have to think long term !

If you are keen for a used C segment car, I feel if you should perform a further hunt & surely you might get a better car !
Old 26th November 2009, 11:40   #17
BHPian

For 4-5 lacs you will get others that have done much lesser miles. 5 lacs is too much for this car. If you can land it in 3-3.5 then its worth it since the totoya engine can easily run a couple lack of kms more especially considering that the car has gone through periodic services.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Stay away, As simple things like fuel pump, water pump, engine sensors, bearings etc .. which are mech in nature and prone to failure after prolonged use will surely make your life miserable.

my 2005 Baleno after prolonged use on Mumbai's highway's has a thin film on the wind shield, no amount of cleaning will make the wipe clear during rains. Only option is spend the 6-12K from my pocket and change the windshield.

On my single owner car .. the signs are showing up now, it has to. Else there is no reason why older cars resale value is less.

Look at it from another angle.. if maintenance was not a problem ..why would the used price be 5L and not 10L or may be more than that.

Cheers!
Old 26th November 2009, 15:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

+1 to RajaTaurus.

Better stay away form it, though you get it for dead cheap. Its like taming an African elephant with the fuel & mechanicals bills you will run into.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Also, what about the availability of parts? Isn't the Camry brought in as a CBU?
Old 26th November 2009, 23:40   #21
BHPian

I am sure the engine will easily do another lakh kms but what about the rest of the car?
Suspension,Brakes,Sensors,Pumps,Electrical equipments and a lot of things which would need repair would easily add up to an annual bill of 80k or more.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Car bought by someone else, price unknown, We stayed away, didn't bid.

Thanks to all the BHPians for giving their inputs on the maintenance part, especially it to be a white elephant. Better buy a small (compared to Camry) sedan.

Mods: You may close this thread.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post

my 2005 Baleno after prolonged use on Mumbai's highway's has a thin film on the wind shield, no amount of cleaning will make the wipe clear during rains. Only option is spend the 6-12K from my pocket and change the windshield.

Cheers!
A bit Offtopic, but you can change the windshield for a new one by claiming insurance, which will pay 100% for it. You need to pay only for insurance processing, labor charges, 50% of the rubber beading price, and the glue.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

Since the car has been sold to another buyer, this thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks