Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 16:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
I want to consider Logan before I take a final decision. Since my daily running is 50KMs I am looking at a CNG Logan under warranty.
I would recommend against. if you are looking at FE just stop at Linea or Manza diesel. It serves all your needs.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:01   #32
BHPian

Logan is a good car, but it would not match against Linea or Manza. Its too basic and functional only.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Avoid Logan, Not only it is expensive for what you get for that much money even its longevity in indian market is suspect is sales falling every month. Only act that can save this car is a HUUGE price drop.

Personally i find it the ugliest car on sale in india today.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:31   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Have you considered the Logan? The Diesel top end variant will comfortably fit in your budget.
The Logan makes ZERO sense. Last I checked, the top end Logan cost MORE than the top end Manza (now you know why it is a market failure).

For less money, the Manza gives you a more modern car, more equipment, a better engine and a more comfortable backseat. Neither will win a beauty contest but the Manza is surely the better looker. Plus, the Logan's interiors feel cheap...there is cost cutting everywhere. The Manza doesn't have S Class interiors, sure, but the feel is decidedly better than the Logan.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Based on your inputs, my vote goes in for Manza. It is a VFM car and obviously, a good car for chauffer driven. The back seat comfort is way beyond the reach of Linea and the boot space is also good.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:07   #36
BHPian

vcash : Manza it is.
OT : your requirement specification is fantastic !!
Old 12th December 2009, 10:30   #37
BHPian

It really must be a manza based on what you have said about your requirements
Old 17th December 2009, 16:21   #38
BHPian

Linea Booking

After 3 weeks of battle between heart and head finally heart has won. We have booked Emotionally Packed Fiat Linea MJD (FTA color).

Thanks to t-bhp and all its members for wonderful support, learning provided in the last couple of years.

I feel very proud to be a member of this community and would encourage more and more people to join.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
After 3 weeks of battle between heart and head finally heart has won. We have booked Emotionally Packed Fiat Linea MJD (FTA color).

Thanks to t-bhp and all its members for wonderful support, learning provided in the last couple of years.

I feel very proud to be a member of this community and would encourage more and more people to join.
excellent choice dude. Linea is a true drivers car. Admiration gauranteed.

saw an FTA near my house other day and near office too, looks very nice
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:07   #40
BHPian

Mods - Please close this thread. Manza QJ Aura ABS booked and awaiting delivery.

Thanks everyone!
Old 25th March 2012, 22:27   #41
BHPian

Re: The inevitable question: Linea or Manza or another entry level diesel sedan

Well - this is my 100th post. May I ask the permission of the mods to re-use this thread for discussing my sedan requirements. I've evaluated the diesels of Manza, Linea, Rapid, Sunny, Etios, Fiesta classic, New Fiesta, Fluidic Verna and the petrols of SX4 and Honda city. But still nowhere close to a decision - so which means I need help, right?

My earlier car was Indica DLX w/ ABS and Airbags.

First - my requirements:- Budget: ex-showroom of 7-9 lakhs.
- Only diesel, because I hate the petrol price and price-rise.
- Nearly 100% driven by me, 75% city 25% highway
- Will keep the car for 4-5 years
- ABS and dual airbags are a must
- Nice (fabric beige) and spacious interiors are a must
- Spacious boot, good rear leg room is a must
- Creature comforts such as rear arm-rests, cubby holes, storage is a plus

Second - results of my evaluation. (all diesel cars at ex-showroom prices)
Sunny XL: Price 8.22 lakhs
This car ticks all the right boxes but it has a 4 month waiting period here in Bangalore. It has automatic climate control!

Fiesta classic SXi: Price 8.17 lakhs
Nice interiors. But its a old model, less boot space, cramped rear seats and hence hesitant to go for it. For this price, this also has alloy wheels.

Skoda Rapid Ambition: Price 8.55 lakhs
I like this car too. But for this price, it doesn't come up with an audio system. It has no passenger airbag. I might have to spend more to add Audio and speakers.

Tata Manza Aura: Price 7.78 lakhs
Interiors are not so nice. HM doesn't like the car. What is with the burgundy and beige combination dashboard?

Toyota Etios VD: Price 7.69 lakhs
The least expensive in my consideration set. I hate the interiors. Most probably I have to do after market to upgrade it to beige. But I don't want to do it, because what to do with the greyish plastics in dash and doors? No rear arm-rest, no driver height adjustment, only one wiper(!)

Fiat Linea Dynamic MJD: Price 8.94 lakhs
Price on the higher side. It ticks all the boxes. GC is 185mm now!

New Fiesta Style: Price 9.41 lakhs
Really blows my budget. At this price, it has no automatic climate control.

Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi Price 9.10 lakhs/ 1.6 CRDi S Price 9.71 lakhs
Blows my budget. 1.6 has only drive airbags. Dual airbag 1.6S is way out of my budget. But these are okay otherwise.

Last edited by GenuineOptimist : 25th March 2012 at 22:30.
Old 25th March 2012, 22:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

How about the dZire ZDI ?
Old 25th March 2012, 22:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
How about the dZire ZDI ?
I didn't evaluate because I don't like the looks, it has really small boot (360 litres) and rear leg room, right? The main reason why I'm upgrading from my hatch is rear legroom and boot space requirements.
Old 25th March 2012, 23:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
First - my requirements:- Budget: ex-showroom of 7-9 lakhs.
- Only diesel, because I hate the petrol price and price-rise.
- Nearly 100% driven by me, 75% city 25% highway
- Will keep the car for 4-5 years
- ABS and dual airbags are a must
- Nice (fabric beige) and spacious interiors are a must
- Spacious boot, good rear leg room is a must
- Creature comforts such as rear arm-rests, cubby holes, storage is a plus

Second - results of my evaluation. (all diesel cars at ex-showroom prices)
Sunny XL: Price 8.22 lakhs
This car ticks all the right boxes but it has a 4 month waiting period here in Bangalore. It has automatic climate control!

Fiesta classic SXi: Price 8.17 lakhs
Nice interiors. But its a old model, less boot space, cramped rear seats and hence hesitant to go for it. For this price, this also has alloy wheels.

Skoda Rapid Ambition: Price 8.55 lakhs
I like this car too. But for this price, it doesn't come up with an audio system. It has no passenger airbag. I might have to spend more to add Audio and speakers.

Tata Manza Aura: Price 7.78 lakhs
Interiors are not so nice. HM doesn't like the car. What is with the burgundy and beige combination dashboard?

Toyota Etios VD: Price 7.69 lakhs
The least expensive in my consideration set. I hate the interiors. Most probably I have to do after market to upgrade it to beige. But I don't want to do it, because what to do with the greyish plastics in dash and doors? No rear arm-rest, no driver height adjustment, only one wiper(!)

Fiat Linea Dynamic MJD: Price 8.94 lakhs
Price on the higher side. It ticks all the boxes. GC is 185mm now!

New Fiesta Style: Price 9.41 lakhs
Really blows my budget. At this price, it has no automatic climate control.

Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi Price 9.10 lakhs/ 1.6 CRDi S Price 9.71 lakhs
Blows my budget. 1.6 has only drive airbags. Dual airbag 1.6S is way out of my budget. But these are okay otherwise.
Is waiting a few months for the Sunny or any other car going to be an issue for you. Do you need to sell your present car for the deposit of your new car. If so, can you sell it now but hand it over just before getting your new car (I know this is not easy to work out unless it is a friend or the dealer itself, but just asking).

How important is highway handling at speed. I ask because almost invariably the more comfortable and softer setting suspension a car has, the worse it is on the higway at speed.

How important is the GC. I know Bangalore is speedbreaker-ville but all said and done, it is not that bad compared to a lot of the roads in other parts of Karnataka (outside the highways). There surface of the moon roads are the norm rather than the exception.

How important is A.S.S and will you be travelling a lot outside Bangalore, where almost invariably the A.S.S is more limited for most brands.

Anyway, leaving these questions out, I will try to help on your decision.

With regards to the Etios, or any other car where you are unhappy with the interiors, you can have Karlsson here in Indiranagar, Bangalore, do the entire interiors (seats, door panels, handle, gear lever, hand brake lever) in leather. This will take care of the interiors issue, though the dashboard remains. It will not cost more than 50,000 IIRC. Please go through the thread here in TBHP.

I have to say the Sunny and Linea are the only ones that tick all the boxes. Sounds like your choice will be between these two.

Of these two the Sunny is more reliable long term until Fiat get their A.S.S issues sorted out.
Old 25th March 2012, 23:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Is waiting a few months for the Sunny or any other car going to be an issue for you. Do you need to sell your present car for the deposit of your new car. If so, can you sell it now but hand it over just before getting your new car (I know this is not easy to work out unless it is a friend or the dealer itself, but just asking).

How important is highway handling at speed. I ask because almost invariably the more comfortable and softer setting suspension a car has, the worse it is on the higway at speed.

How important is the GC. I know Bangalore is speedbreaker-ville but all said and done, it is not that bad compared to a lot of the roads in other parts of Karnataka (outside the highways). There surface of the moon roads are the norm rather than the exception.

How important is A.S.S and will you be travelling a lot outside Bangalore, where almost invariably the A.S.S is more limited for most brands.

Anyway, leaving these questions out, I will try to help on your decision.

With regards to the Etios, or any other car where you are unhappy with the interiors, you can have Karlsson here in Indiranagar, Bangalore, do the entire interiors (seats, door panels, handle, gear lever, hand brake lever) in leather. This will take care of the interiors issue, though the dashboard remains. It will not cost more than 50,000 IIRC. Please go through the thread here in TBHP.

I have to say the Sunny and Linea are the only ones that tick all the boxes. Sounds like your choice will be between these two.

Of these two the Sunny is more reliable long term until Fiat get their A.S.S issues sorted out.
Answering these questions:
I have already sold my car. So I can wait for 1 month but not really long. Highway handling is preferable but not very important because I never go beyond 110 kmph. GC preferably 168/170, but I can live with 165 as well. A.S.S not so crticially important because it will be company lease car and service costs spare costs handled by leasing company for 4 yrs.

Thanks for yóur suggestions.

I am aware of Karlsson but I don't want genuine or art leather. Do they do fabric beige, say a soft fabric?

Last edited by GenuineOptimist : 25th March 2012 at 23:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks