Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 21:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A contradicting statement IMHO, how better is the Punto's rear seat comfort and spaciousness when you compare with the i20 ?
I think you didn't read my comment properly. I said if he is looking for rear seat comfort and boot space, then go for the Manza.

The Punto was mentioned as it offered all the gadgets and safety features he wanted at a price lower than that of Hyundai i20. I didn't say anything about Punto's interior space.

Last edited by harishnair : 30th November 2009 at 21:48.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Now, diesel or petrol?
i am only considering diesel option. Dont mind paying a bit extra initially but not in petrol station every week

The Rs 5-7 lakh diesel segment has transformed in the last 12 months.
Before there was hardly any options available in that segment with good safety features like ABS and Airbags apart from Dzire. In the last 12 months there are a lot of additions

Ritz (no airbag), I20, Punto and now Manza. I think this is creating a lot of confusion among the buyers. I think A+ and B segment diesel cars have a lot of opportunities in Indian market.

Also safety is becoming an important factor in this segment, even though Maruthi believes otherwise. I still cant understand why Maruthi don’t want to give airbags for Ritz and Swift diesel.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Go for the Manza and I don't think you are going to be a guinea pig with this product. I think that distinction has already been taken on by the initial Vista buyers
Old 30th November 2009, 23:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

if you care about having a good looking ,stylish and happening vehicle i20 is your car.
if you are probably 40+ who doesn't care about looks or being stylish and you dont drive the vehicle yourself then go for the manza
VFM manza wins .
but the manza should not be in the same league as the i20 , you should have put in the linea and the anhc also.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:42   #20
BHPian

Between i20 and Manza, I would choose i20. It has everything covered except for rear legroom and that "big car" tag (read boot). But how many times do we really use that boot. For personal driving, nothing beats hatch in crowded cities.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

There are 2 Indica Vistas in my close family. I used to own an Indica V2. I currently drive an i20

Do not buy a newly launched Tata vehicle.

Tata R&D on new vehicles usually slows down a year after a launch! Please wait for 6 months - at least.

If you really must go for a car right now, the i20 CRDi is a good buy. You should also look at the Linea before you finalize.

Btw, about the i20 CRDi - There is NO turbo lag to speak off once the car completes 3000 kms. The engine becomes much more free after break in and the car becomes much quicker/quiter.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 1st December 2009 at 00:29.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:38   #22
BHPian

If its for city use primarily I would not even consider the Manza, Its huge and i dont think it has a good turning radius / maneuverability. Since your wife will be using it 50% of the time, she might find i20 much more easier - especially the AT variant.

Also I agree with most posts about new TATA cars, IMO the buyers probably identify the issues earlier than their R&D, if you research the past TATA launches, it may be evident that the later versions have been much better than the first launch version. If you are still interested in Manza, why not Linea or Fiesta Sports ?
Old 1st December 2009, 17:03   #23
BHPian

As per the requirements mentioned by you I am sure that the Hyundai I20 would be best suited for you.

And very rightly mentioned here by AbhiJ, "Do not buy a newly launched Tata vehicle".

I have personally seen the I20 (My boss has one) and its definitely leagues ahead of any other car in its segment (though the Manza dosent fall in this segment), have also test driven the Manza I still feel that apart from the boot space and rear passenger legroom in the Manza which score over the I20 there is hardly any spec which would score over the I20.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:24   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the input guys, I was infact considering between i20 and Punto and narrowed down to i20, but now caught up in the MANZA euphoria. Also the pride of buying Indian car. But then when spending 7lakhs +, It should be more than sentiments I guess. Another thing annoyed me is Huydai dealers are bit arrogant when it comes to selling i20 and felt “a take it if you want” attitude. And no offers on i20 even in December.

Any clue why they have a different mentality towards i20?
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:36   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Any clue why they have a different mentality towards i20?
Simple : The i20 is selling 4 - 5 times more than Hyundai's own sales predictions!

Unique thread...there was another one between the Manza & the Punto. Yet, this one is unique because the i20 is an extremely high quality hatch. Inside out.

The i20 will give you a "feel good" factor, with its high levels of fit, finish, quality and feature list, that the Manza won't. On the other hand, the Manza has superb space + ride quality. I'd say the first thing you need to decide is if you absolutely need a boot. Then, how often you need to carry a full load of passengers + luggage. The heavier your answer to these two questions, the more reason you should buy the Manza. On the other hand, if you are going to be primarily driving yourself (or the missus), and within the city, the i20 it is.
Old 4th December 2009, 00:17   #26
BHPian

Thanks for the notes guys,

@GTO, i had a look at MANZA only after reading your review and felt it was a good car. but i20 is a class apart and I have decided to go for an i20.

Will get back to Kerala in two weeks and do the booking.

Mods, please close this thread

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th December 2009 at 02:50. Reason: Note : Leaving this thread open, as others might be in the same position and have additional queries/thoughts to ask/add.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:26   #27
BHPian

Best of luck with your I20, which version BTW are you booking??
Old 9th December 2009, 22:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
Best of luck with your I20, which version BTW are you booking??
Planning for white CRDI ASTA
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:27   #29
BHPian

Good call. As a manza owner I can tell you that the build quality of Manza is quite pathetic and hardly an improvement over the old indigo.
By the way can you elaborate on your location which reads COK/LON !! Hope you're not an admirer of Mel Brooks or his Indian counterpart, Dada Kondke!!
Old 7th May 2011, 00:21   #30

Re: Hyundai i20 or Indigo Manza

Hi
I am looking or buying a new car. I liked the manza (white) for its looks and the space it provides. I have seen posts like Dont buy the Manza during its first 6 months.

Its more than an year since the manza is launched. Any comments on how the manza (diesel) is now? Some one owning a Manza please post on

1) Issues
2) maintenance
3) Service

I am from Kochi Kerala and I have 2 dealers, koyenko and Concorde motors. Any input on them is also welcome

Thanks and Regards
Sibi

Most Viewed