Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:37   #16
BHPian

the fact that ANHC has sold 50k speaks a lot for itself. I think nothing more deserves to be told or explained about the class, reliability of an Honda.
So IMP ! , decide for yourself !
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:15   #17
BHPian

Its a known fact HM/Mitsu does not sell cedia well. But those who have bought it (including me) are very happy owners. The service centers provide excellent service, I have had experience at both Chennai and Hyderabad. I have done 30k in 2 years and it has never failed me. not a single visit other than the scheduled services. Recently did 30k service which was just less than 2000. The service intervals are 10k. Got excellent ride and handling quality.
Largest selling product need not necessarily speak the characteristics of the product. There are huge number for examples from dalda to windows to ANHC to air deccan tickets.
A customer will buy a product only when he is sold. Some customers just get sold by someone telling about the product without experiencing the product. Some customers experience the product and make an intelligent decision to suit his or her needs.
If ANHC suits and you are taking the decision based on your experience and not hearsay then go for it. If cedia is what you feel, again based on your experience and not hearsay then cedia is the car for you.
Personally, I feel all Honda products in India are overrated and priced high for that 'prestige' thing. for me prestige is just a pressure cooker for me. I like cedia and bought it over city, civic, corolla, fiesta, magnum, verna and a few others that I test drove during my buying experience.
So BUY the car dont get SOLD.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
ANHC if you want hassle free, peace of mind ownership, low cost of maintenance and resale

Cedia if you want a more involving driving experience, more features and care less on the resale..

Point to note is that Cedia had been here for quite some time, and with HM being very lazy to get their act together, I will be very worried about A.S.S, if you are to keep the car for 4-5 years..And if you don't keep that long, resale will be terrible.. So do consider the other non-car aspects as well..
Disagree with the hassle free tag on Honda... my prevoius car was a honda city and i have had painful experiences interacting with Honda guys and have always wished that they would give a little more attention and respect... but 6 - 7 years was long enough for me to get used to their attitude & live with it as I thought with more and more increase in Honda sales the attitude was not going to improve… the cost of Honda spares are way more expensive than Cedia… compare the regularly required spares for minor/common accidents in city traffic, you will have the answer.

Resale is bad, no doubts, but if you are buying a car to enjoy driving today, why think about resale tomorrow… 3 or even 5 years later when you sell the car, Indian car scene would have gone through a sea change that no one can predict which car would sell how much that day… so, its not wise to drive a “below par” over priced car just because of a possible higher resale value tomorrow ! This is just my opinion and apologies for those who don’t like it.

Cedia is a totally VFM car as HM marketing is really poor… they seem to have dealt the marketing bit totally based on the pricing. This does not for any reason mean that their A.S.S is bad… I would say that based on my experience I would rate their service as beyond excellent. I feel like a king when I receive a service call or when I drive down to Mitsu service center here. The best people to talk about A.S.S would be people who own the car rather than people who perceive a car… so, talk to some Cedia owners in various cities on the forum – Raja from Chennai, KC from Hyderabad, ROC from Bangalore and Gaurav from Delhi… not one person will give you negative marks for HM/Mitsu service.

It would be nice if people do not bad mouth about *** totally based on perceptions rather than personal experience !
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys whats the FE like on the Cedia S??
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

@imp! If the Cedia, keep in mind there'll be some engine tweaks soon to make it BS IV compliant. You may want to buy after thats done.

Cruze not under consideration? Faast car, diesel, 5 people should be fine. Later the Innova could be replaced by a petrol?
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:31   #21
BHPian

compare dalda, deccan air tickets and a premium product like an ANHC I only doubt if people have really understood the food taste made from pure ghee rather than dalda which would taste disgusting, travelling business class. sorry state of comparison. You get products like you pay. Reputation of a product cannot be neglected whatsoever. Any product gets it reputation over a long period of time. Its upto to each individual's discretion to comprehend and decide.

I mean there is nothing called a perfect car, we should all understand this simple thing. end of the day each buy what they like. its not necessary to call a person with a different car in a traffic signal as a stupid guy. He likes what he has bought. No need to compare dalda to ANHC.If this is is done , what should one compare an cedia with !!!, which is hardly seen on the roads .

Nobody goes to the market to get sold, and there is nothing to try a reputed product. Nobody does a trial bathing with an sandal soap to buy it, its proved it is good over many years. so you buy it. Reputed products are not sold, they are bought !!!

If somebody wants to promote dalda, deccan air tickets and products which are not selling, i only give them good wishes and say all the best !

@Kartho,

sorry to understand that you have had bad experiences out there. Its not the same here though.i had an OHC before, but never had an issue with repairs and the spares cost, i hardly spent anything. I sold it for a real good amount. By the way, dont you think an used car's value is largely based on how well the car is maintained over the years ? This is my experience and opnion though !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 3rd December 2009 at 20:42.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Guys whats the FE like on the Cedia S??
I am not a lead-footed driver. But a trip from BLR->Jog Falls->Mahabaleshwar and back had me getting mileage of 14.75. Mind you, this involves hill climbs, twisties and NH4. Again in city I did not really check the mileage.

Adding some more comments:
IMHO Cedia doesnt have any wizardry. But it just does what you tell it to do, and does it to perfection.

Last edited by santhosh_kumard : 3rd December 2009 at 20:46.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:13   #23
BHPian

hey santhosh,

thats a good mileage man! my friend's cedia had given him an 13 during his recent trip to chennai and back.

Yeah, you are right, it does the job well.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 3rd December 2009 at 21:14.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hey santhosh,

thats a good mileage man! my friend's cedia had given him an 13 during his recent trip to chennai and back.

Yeah, you are right, it does the job well.
Max Speed : 120kmph
Cruising speed : 100 kmph
Min Speed ( where possible ) : 80kmph
Early into shifts -> 5th at 60kmph

Zhere we go!.

I use to get the mileage to 15+ during Bangalore->Coimbatore drives
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:31   #25
BHPian

My line of thought about a product is not just the sales part of it, but also owning the product and derive good experience as long as you own it.

I have heard the dealers say 'Sir, this is a Honda and we dont provide any attractive offers because people buy our cars. we charge you for pick up and drop for services'. this is not an exaggeration, my brother owns a 2006 city and I am very much 'Serviced' by the Honda folks. Half of the Honda Owners have bought Honda because someone said Honda is good. Ask any Cedia owner they bought it because they badly needed that car and not any other car.

Whats the fun if I have a great car, which I paid a premium (compared to other brands) but the dealers & service center guys have an attitude.
My cedia is picked up freely and dropped freely for any kind of service.

Now here is a delightful ownership.
1. I have great time buying (priced right, dealers are good)
2. Great time driving; I can move it like an auto in the city and be at 150kmph on highways and enjoy (man, I cant stop talking about it, you just have to own it to experience it)
3. Great time maintaining it - less visits to service centers, during the scheduled visits you are treated like a customer, if not a king; less costs to maintain
4. Resale - I would not want it to sell it; fine there might be a day that comes that I have to sell it; I might get less compare to AHNC. But then add the total cost from the new car value + maintenance costs + Ownership Delight + Resale value; it will beat any car in this range.

Interestingly being less on road gives exclusivety; the rareness makes a commoner look the car for second time and when this happens, boy am I happy? you bet.
I am a simple guy with a great car and therefore I dont expect anyone to drive a similar car.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

I seriously think after owning the best honda city of all times, you should follow your heart and go for the laura petrol and this is has got splendid mileage if the turbos are not spooled much and terrific performance which would give the big gunners a run for their money.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:35   #27
BHPian

I TD d the skoda Laura sometime back and it is a truly wonderful car.Straight line composure,Cornering & Handling simply superb.

If not for the Skoda After Sales Service it would really be in my shortlist.

BTW., shuvc i saw a new skoda showroom near ray street and any pointers to Mitsubishi After sales service in kolkata??
Old 4th December 2009, 11:02   #28
BHPian

Deciding a car based on popularity rather than performance sounds like our typical management mentality… its an appraisal time PJ I suppose [FONT=Wingdings][/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
By the way, dont you think an used car's value is largely based on how well the car is maintained over the years ? This is my experience and opnion though !
Used car price is decided based on various factors, I only wish it is just based on Maintenance, then I would have been much more richer after disposing wonderfully maintained fully loaded cars… based on market conditions and demand/availability of a particular model and buyers for a particular model a price band already exists in the market, how well you maintain only affects the price by 5 – 10%. There are sites like carwale that give you these price bands to know brand/model specific price band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post

Interestingly being less on road gives exclusivety; the rareness makes a commoner look the car for second time and when this happens, boy am I happy? you bet.
I am a simple guy with a great car and therefore I dont expect anyone to drive a similar car.
@ Car&me, hats off to the way you have explained, I too love the exclusivity and the curiosity my car manages to gain and I do love to stay away from the herd… I cant afford a designer car, so atleast something that would give the exclusivity would work for me !

@Shuvc - BSIV should not be a deal breaker because, its just a matter of getting a revised certification by the manufacturer IMO, most of the cars in this class are way ahead of the acceptable polluting standards, not sure which car you drive, but irrespective of that I am sure you would have always seen the pollution level recorded by your car (when you obtain the PUC) is never even closer to the acceptable standard...
Old 4th December 2009, 14:23   #29
BHPian

Sorry guys been swamped at work

So the following things have been decided:

1) Mitsubishi is out ( releasing a new Lancer next year....)

2) ANHC is out ( sorry to spoil some people fun but IMHO it really is complete crap for what they charge, in-fact the most audacious thing I ever heard was "sir you wont get a better car this side of 10 lacs, and since it is honda there are no issues what so ever, uhmm....I won't even go into my issues with my NHC and also south of 10 lacs? the damn thing is almost 11)

3) If we buy now, its going to be the Laura, Vinayak in Bangalore is doing a good job, but Dad drove the diesel and is now in two minds between which of the two engines. If he decides he wants diesel, we may wait until the 140 BHP crdi engine is released before we buy.

I really am appreciative of all the input, it has helped a lot, and I am truly sorry for the tardy responses, please attribute it to me being inundated at work.

Cheers!
Adit
Old 4th December 2009, 15:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
2) ANHC is out ( sorry to spoil some people fun but IMHO it really is complete crap for what they charge,
Nobody is going to be sad just becasue you called it crap It is just your way of expressing. Congrats with your choice and will look forward to the ownership report.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks