Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 18:15   #1
BHPian

Used Baleno/Esteem/HondaCity to be Chauffer Driven

Hi Guys,
Need some help and need it ASAP!
I am in market for a used sedan, under 3L budget to be driven by chaffeur (Most of the times!!). I already have ALTIS for my self. But due to hectic scheduled I need to take time off from driving and let driver take control behind the wheel. I have zerod in Baleno/ESTEEM/CITY (Old).
Other suggestions are welcome!!
Now the issue.
I saw 6 baleno's in Maruti True value in Gurgaon today, from 2004 to 2006 price range from 2.50L to 3.05L Driven from 45K to Max. 85K, some with leather, some standard, all having PL, PW, etc. QUESTION does the price range make sense, I belive True value gives 1 year warranty on engine, AC and Gear box. Plus Clear Title, Collision free cars. NEED some input guys.
Another one, does a pre-owned check list exist on Team Bhp, and is there one for Baleno. Or could some give me few pointers?
What are the major issues(If any) with baleno, etc.
I still have to see a OHC, but I like Baleno so far.
Come on guys Help me
regards
Old 1st December 2009, 18:36   #2
BHPian

baleno is a great car. you can also rip it at times and take the fun of its immense potential.
but keep in mind some parts might become difficult to find in the long run. but probably applies to the OHC as well.
true value does give you a piece of mind but thats at around a 50k premium. try to find a good deal outside from an individual if possible. and even if you go for true value do check the service history as there was a recent thread of meter tampering by one of these certified car dealers.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

1) Out of the cars you have mentioned, I think Baleno is the best option. Baleno has best ride quality and also is quite good to drive. Rear seat is comfortable and interiors are spacious and AC is simply above all. We have Baleno ( its not used car, we bought it in 2005 Oct ) and I can tell you this. Its better than G1HC/OHC and esteem.

2) The price range is good enough if the cars are given with 1 year warranty and the car history is clean. We were offered 3.5 for our Baleno that has run 39K and was involved in one small crash ( a thread exists for this ).
considering this, the price you are getting is quite nice.

3) This thread must be in this section : What Car? - Team-BHP
Old 1st December 2009, 20:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

for chauffer driven, baleno it is!
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:28   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The OHC & Esteem are probably the WORST cars to be chauffeur-driven in. The rear seat is positioned too low for comfort. Amongst the options list, the Baleno makes the most sense.

However, within 3 lakh rupees, you'd be better off looking at a used Indigo. Believe me, the rear seat is a sofa, its high perched, superb room and the ride quality within the city is top class. Plus, you will get the lowest running costs of a diesel too.
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:48   #6
BHPian

Used Indigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The OHC & Esteem are probably the WORST cars to be chauffeur-driven in. The rear seat is positioned too low for comfort. Amongst the options list, the Baleno makes the most sense.

However, within 3 lakh rupees, you'd be better off looking at a used Indigo. Believe me, the rear seat is a sofa, its high perched, superb room and the ride quality within the city is top class. Plus, you will get the lowest running costs of a diesel too.
GTO,
that makes sense, but I am no expert in used car, is there a used car program by TATA, like Maruti?
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think Baleno would be a very good option!! Excellent engine, comfy rear seats and brilliant A/C .
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:08   #8
BHPian

OHC, Baleno or Esteem are all poor back benches!

For rear seat comfort, try the high waist cars like Indigo or NHC for that slide in/out, by extending your budget by a lac you could opt for the old gen Corolla.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:37   #9
BHPian

@jimmyjagga

slightly offtopic

were the balenos worth buying? i've been looking for a baleno myself too but not finding any good one around chandigarh and may have to go to delhi to buy one! Even Delhi has lot of options in used baleno. The true value website quotes around Rs 2.8-3.3 lac for the gurgaon balenos, are the price quoted by you the discounted ones for sale?
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:32   #10
BHPian

Go for an Indigo JimmyJagga...It should fit your budget just perfect and the rear seat is more comfortable than any other car this side of 10 lakhs.
Besides the service/maintenance costs would not hurt you at all. And unlike the Baleno; which is my favourite by the way; spare parts would not be an issue at all..
Old 7th December 2009, 19:39   #11
BHPian

Used Baleno with CNG

Guys,
let me know if this makes sense in terms of VFM and Practicality. Since my driving shall be mainly in NCR region. If I get a 50KM run Baleno, with no major issues, for 2.6L or so and go for CNG kit (with RC entry) which would be approx. 45K, bringing total cost of car to 3.10 (Lump sum), does that make sense, when compared to buying a new indigo diesel TDI for 4.90L on road. (It s big sentence ain't it!). I would like the car to go for 3-4 years, with approx. 15 to 20Kilometers per annum running.

What do you say to it guys?

Regards
Old 7th December 2009, 19:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Guys,
let me know if this makes sense in terms of VFM and Practicality. Since my driving shall be mainly in NCR region. If I get a 50KM run Baleno, with no major issues, for 2.6L or so and go for CNG kit (with RC entry) which would be approx. 45K, bringing total cost of car to 3.10 (Lump sum), does that make sense, when compared to buying a new indigo diesel TDI for 4.90L on road. (It s big sentence ain't it!). I would like the car to go for 3-4 years, with approx. 15 to 20Kilometers per annum running.

What do you say to it guys?

Regards
Go for Baleno. You will not regret it.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Esteem is a big no no ! It's cramped and the rear seat is horrible.

Baleno is a good buy and buying one form True Value should be good. Worth paying the extra 15 - 20k as it offers peace of mind.

Indigo is a good bet as GTO said that rear seat space is much better than the other sedans.

Try a Chevrolet Aveo - I believe it's got decent space too.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Esteem should be rules out as it is really cramped and the ride quality is not great. Between the OHC and Baleno, I would choose the Baleno as it is a Maruti and should be low on maintenance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks