Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 23:53   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
@ IAM LEGEND - Not to offend you / or criticise your choice in any way.

But if finances permit you, then ANHC is not probably the right choice.
ANHC has nothing except the engine (I love the looks but looks are always subjective) to substantiate the strature of Honda. I can tell you this coz i own a ANHC - SMT. An year down the lane, Iam being engulfed with a feeling that I have been short-changed, but somehow embarassed to say it loud. How i wish now that i could have put in a couple of more lakhs for a better sedan !!!!

Civic / Altis is the way to go if you can afford it. I made the same mistake a year back and i can see another following my path. ANHC is just a poor man's Civic / Altis and there can be no comparision of the ANHC with either of them.

If you move a scale down and compare ANHC with say Fiesta / SX4 / Linea, then the tables might turn but if your choice is a higher segment car, then i would recommend that you reassess your choice.

Incase you still go ahead with the ANHC,
WELCOME TO THE CLUB
Could you elaborate a bit more. What I read from this is just yr personal opinions. Kindly share some facts.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:04   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Could you elaborate a bit more. What I read from this is just yr personal opinions. Kindly share some facts.
@raukdsouza

My opinions are always personal, if it is a common viewpoint , I would specifically mention it.

The opinions are based on my personal experiences over the past year on owning an ANHC.

Am a newbie to this forum; I did not probably have the right guidance when i decided to go in for a new Sedan. Coming down from Altis / Civic to ANHC, just bcoz it costed a couple of a lakhs lower is a decision i wish to rewrite if i possibly can.

Somewhere in this forum I read a humorous thread depicting how someone who owns an Activa suggests a ANHC to his friend , coz both are from the HONDA STABLE . Although my case is not exactly similar, there were only two reasons why i bought it - my wife liked its looks (her colleague owns one too) and i read in auto-mags that iVtec is a next-gen engine.

So my friend asks me as to why i need a CIVIC when i get similar tech engine at a lower cost in ANHC ???? My wife seconds the opinion (it was bcoz her colleague owned one i suppose !!!). The car's gonna be mostly used by my wife - so why annoy her, that too by paying a couple of lakhs more !!!!
So i overlook the advice from my bro who owns a Civic, the relatively cheap interiors of ANHC, rear seat comfort and absence of features like ACC and alloys and settle for the ANHC.

The intial month was spent in awe of the new car.

I thought therE is nothing more happening than this new gen car till i exchanged my old esteem to buy a new SX4- ZXi!!!

Now being an owner of two similar sedans - one priced a lakh and a half more than the other, comparisions are bound to happen. The SX4 was giving the ANHC tough challenge in every aspect !!! And mind you, i was getting more interested in cars more than just driving them !!!

I also happen to drive my bro's Civic quite often . Slowly, the realisation started setting in that ANHC is no CIVIC - whatever be the parameters for comparision, except may be the boot space !!!!

Today's ANHC with 50000 owners is just another entry level sedan -excellent numbers, come to think of it !!! But sometimes i silently assess in my own mind as how many of them are OWNERS BY DEFAULT like me !!!

And yeah, i suppose my wife is also becoming wiser by the day !!! More the number of ANHC she sees, The initial charisma of the looks is slowly wearing off.

Whenever she sees a Civic on the road, she asks me - "Is this a better car than ours dear ?? "

And i reply " Not at all Honey !!!"
Old 19th December 2009, 11:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
So my friend asks me as to why i need a CIVIC when i get similar tech engine at a lower cost in ANHC ???? My wife seconds the opinion (it was bcoz her colleague owned one i suppose !!!). The car's gonna be mostly used by my wife - so why annoy her, that too by paying a couple of lakhs more !!!!
So i overlook the advice from my bro who owns a Civic, the relatively cheap interiors of ANHC, rear seat comfort and absence of features like ACC and alloys and settle for the ANHC.
I-VTEC Technology is the same for both ANHC and the civic. By far, there is no way, one can compare or try and equal the other features of ANHC with the civic.

Quote:
The intial month was spent in awe of the new car.
This happens with everybody who buys a new car irrespective of the make bought, isnt it?

Quote:
The SX4 was giving the ANHC tough challenge in every aspect
In every aspect ? what are those aspects ? please share with us ?

Quote:
Slowly, the realisation started setting in that ANHC is no CIVIC
How can ANHC behave like a civic, basic engine, design everything is totally different, except the steering wheel !

-
Quote:
Today's ANHC with 50000 owners is just another entry level sedan -excellent numbers,
An entry level sedan at 1 million and odd rupees ? I wouldn't pay so much for an entry level sedan.

Quote:
i silently assess in my own mind as how many of them are OWNERS BY DEFAULT like me !!!
Atleast myself and couple of friends bought it after fully understanding the car and not thinking it is a civic or would behave like a civic !
Old 19th December 2009, 12:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post

Today's ANHC with 50000 owners is just another entry level sedan -excellent numbers, come to think of it !!! But sometimes i silently assess in my own mind as how many of them are OWNERS BY DEFAULT like me !!!
@ nandans

I have already expalained that I was a total novice with respect to cars and their finer specs when i bought the ANHC. Had i been a little more educated on cars, my decision would have probably been different and hence the term OWNER BY DEFAULT (thats one among 50000)

So, I have to agree with everyone of your observations except a couple.

ANHC/LINEA/SX4 and a few more, unlike the ALTIS / CIVIC is very much ENTRY LEVEL SEDAN. The fact that HONDA charges a couple of lakhs as premium for their Badge doesnt change anything on the ground.

Today, almost every car-buyer I know, who upgrades to a sedan for the first time has ANHC among his options
(For the record, I dont consider Dzire as a sedan - its an extended Swift, so is Indigo CS).

ANHC is excellent car in its own right - no doubts. But when compared with SX4, I certainly feel ANHC could have done a lot better as an over-all package. That is why i say SX4 offers a tough challenge to ANHC in every aspect. We can discuss that in detail in another thread since we are dealing about premium sedans here as neither the SX4/ANHC fit that bill.

Coming to the topic.

We are dealing with premiun sedans.

Iam Legend seems to have a budget for ALTIS/CIVIC.

So, Why settle down for an ANHC which is a step below and in no way comaparable to the CIVIC !
Old 19th December 2009, 13:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:

Iam Legend seems to have a budget for ALTIS/CIVIC.

So, Why settle down for an ANHC which is a step below and in no way comaparable to the CIVIC !
You are absolutely right here ! i have to fully agree with you to this point !

Most Viewed