Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thats a huge array of vehicles you have there.Try to narrow down the options.that shall be more easy.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Actually a good friend of mine made the same mistake, and then it took a lot of effort to convince his wife that a hatchback would be better as a first car. (She was hell bent on buying a sedan). They finally went for Swift Petrol.

Coming back to your case, I feel that you are thinking in the right direction. When we buy a car, we don't just buy an engine and a chassis. The other factors like reliability, quality, peace of mind and A.S.S. also need to be considered.

I'm sorry to say that Fiat and Tata have not been able to satisfy the above requirements for an average buyer like you and me. Hence, if you are not confident about these brands, its better to just ignore them. Same with Chevy, it you are not confident about the brand, don't consider it.

You have done a lot of calculations and considered 4 options, but considering your low usage, I would suggest that you completely rule out diesel.

Then you should decide your priorities - FE, power/performance, ride and handling, equipment level, brand preference, resale value etc.

Consider your current requirements as well as requirements in the near future.

Finally, give the brain a little rest and go with what your heart says. While making such a big purchase, you (and your better half) should feel happy and satisfied with your choice.

My vote would go for ANHC. It may not be an outright performer, but strikes the right balance between performance, FE, quality, brand reputation, A.S.S. and resale value.

Almost forgot, have you considered SX4 or Verna Petrol ?

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 9th December 2009, 16:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
AFAIK Fiesta 1.4 is not sold anymore.
The 1.4 Duratec has been discontinued. The OP is looking at the 1.4 Duratorq.

With a whopping 75K off on the 1.6 ZXI, this one makes the most sense. But I am hearing that dealers are running out of stock rapidly and even color options are becoming limited. This offer is valid only until stocks last.

Last edited by Gilead : 9th December 2009 at 16:01.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dev: you liked ANHC, Your wife likes it - go for it. I am an happy ANHC user for last 9 months. Its a great car.

I was more or less in your position. My wife hates the look of Swift too and inside its much worse. She liked only ANHC and Cedia out of all cars we test drove.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 9th December 2009 at 17:04.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well, well, I think I have been wiser in that sense. I have been driving past 25 years and I needed a pure driver's car.
I did my homework alone, checked out Honda City, SX4, Logan and ended up on Cedia Spirit and looked no more. Then I took my wife to the showroom to show the car and she gave the nod right there. (She had been riding Camrys in Saudi 1999-2007) and she okayed the Cedia to be at par (she compromised a bit for Indian road conditions!).
I selected Cedia also due to the indifferent attitude of TVS-Honda (hats what we have, everybody buys it, take it or leave it attitude, which reflects in their service as well). And Cedia's ACT (Now Maya Motors), sales attitude of individual personal attention to me and wife. And I am truely happy to have done that choice, after reading all the posts over here for the past 2 years.
And my wife calls Swift as a closed Auto. (Swift owners please pardon. No hurting intended here.)

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 9th December 2009 at 17:56.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:10   #21
BHPian

If this car is not just for you and for your whole family, then naturely wife's selection cannot be ignored. (wondering even if thats only my own car, will I be able to go on my own? I dont think so).
Anyway wife plays an important role and Salesman, service guy, car and our own interests come next. Hail wifes!!!
Old 10th December 2009, 12:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
My vote would go for ANHC. It may not be an outright performer, but strikes the right balance between performance, FE, quality, brand reputation, A.S.S. and resale value.
Not an ouright performer? Compared to what? This is the car with best performance in it's class.

Last edited by Guna : 10th December 2009 at 12:22.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Not an ouright performer? Compared to what? This is the car with best performance in it's class.
Even before this question, we may want to clear which class ANHC belongs to? Fiesta / Verna / sx4? or Cedia / Optra / Altis? The pricing puts it in the latter category, but other specs and parameters put it in the former category.

In both cases, ANHC is not the best performer. Fiesta has all the capability to beat it in the lower segment and Cedia / Altis comfortably beats it in the next segment. If you need a car for performance then ANHC is NOT the car to look for.

ANHC is an all rounder offering majority of everything and completes as a good car for a normal user, with the exception of pricing.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
Even before this question, we may want to clear which class ANHC belongs to? Fiesta / Verna / sx4? or Cedia / Optra / Altis? The pricing puts it in the latter category, but other specs and parameters put it in the former category.

In both cases, ANHC is not the best performer. Fiesta has all the capability to beat it in the lower segment and Cedia / Altis comfortably beats it in the next segment. If you need a car for performance then ANHC is NOT the car to look for.

ANHC is an all rounder offering majority of everything and completes as a good car for a normal user, with the exception of pricing.
@car&me
No question about Fiesta having traits of a better driver's car but if you look at sheer performance figures (0-100 etc) it is the ANHC which comes at top.

I don't think ANHC is trying to compete in Altis segemnt. Honda has got Civic there right? But the price and some of the specs may bring it dangerously close to Altis segement.

Cedia is a great car but I dont think it is too much ahead in terms of performance when compared to ANHC. In fact it is behind not only ANHC on the track test (by ACI+Narayan Karthikeyan) but also it's own softroader sibling Outlander!

Last edited by Guna : 10th December 2009 at 13:35.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In fact it is behind not only ANHC on the track test (by ACI+Narayan Karthikeyan) but also it's own softroader sibling Outlander!
We know which car came out on top in the ACI/Narain track handling test right. The Fiesta.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:00   #26
BHPian

I know that Cedia was not upto the mark on the tracks, the same story even last year. But I have always felt Cedia much more composed and confident at speeds closer to 150 whereas on an ANHC I felt, the car cannot take anymore. Thats connected probably to engine capacity or tyres or many other factors. I have also read in the same forum about ANHC unable to keep up on long stretches of comfortable high speed highway driving. No offence, just shared my perspective to the story.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
I know that Cedia was not upto the mark on the tracks, the same story even last year. But I have always felt Cedia much more composed and confident at speeds closer to 150 whereas on an ANHC I felt, the car cannot take anymore.
well thats how you feel compared to What NK feels. No offense, but i would go with NK

And as for your comparison ANHC has a big difference between ANHC & Civic & Altis. In BLR - ANHC S version starts at 10L. Civic and Altis starts at 13L. Thats about 30% higher and its a completely different segment.

As for Cedia I dont think any manufacturer is considering a car which sells in lower 100s as competition anymore. I like the car, but i see no point in buying this car anymore. Let Mitsu get the 2L MiVec on the new Lancer and see how it does against Civic & Corolla.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
We know which car came out on top in the ACI/Narain track handling test right. The Fiesta.
Fiesta's handling was greatly appreciated. Did it beat Civic too in terms of top speed, lap time, speed at various exits etc? I know ANHC was only shade behind Civic in spite of some non-favorable qualities it has (skiny tires, tall stance, electronic power steering etc)

@car&me, this year they did not test Cedia again. I was reffering to the result from last year.

Last edited by Guna : 10th December 2009 at 14:41.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

And as for your comparison ANHC has a big difference between ANHC & Civic & Altis. In BLR - ANHC S version starts at 10L. Civic and Altis starts at 13L. Thats about 30% higher and its a completely different segment.
The difference between the base variants of ANHC and Altis is just 1L (after factoring in the year end discounts) # Delhi on Road Price

so anyone going in for a city will surely compare it to the Altis.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
The difference between the base variants of ANHC and Altis is just 1L (after factoring in the year end discounts) # Delhi on Road Price

so anyone going in for a city will surely compare it to the Altis.
Thats an Altis which is mainly intended towards the Taxi segment. It doesn't have critical safety features like Airbags. I dont think anyone paying 10L+ would consider skipping safety features.

I myself had considered 1.8J during my purchase, but it didn't make any sense. G is the version to go for.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 10th December 2009 at 15:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks