Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 15:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
The difference between the base variants of ANHC and Altis is just 1L (after factoring in the year end discounts) # Delhi on Road Price

so anyone going in for a city will surely compare it to the Altis.
Just 1 lac difference? which city?

Delhi Ex-showroom price:
ANHC S MT - Rs. 837,000
Altis J - Rs. 975,000

Difference - Rs. 1,38,000
Old 10th December 2009, 16:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Just 1 lac difference? which city?

Delhi Ex-showroom price:
ANHC S MT - Rs. 837,000
Altis J - Rs. 975,000

Difference - Rs. 1,38,000
The difference of 1L is on the road price and also factoring in year end discounts on toyota (Free insurance + Corp Disc) and honda (Corp Disc)

Honda SMT - 9.02 L
Altis J - 10.18 (Approx. Will let you know the exact fig when I reach home)
Old 14th December 2009, 18:27   #33
BHPian

Guys,

You confused me. I too a TD of Altis on saturday. Here is the price for Altis 1.8 J in chennai

exshowroom: 9.8
lifetax:.87
insurance:.31
r.tax: .015
on road = 10.99 (ok its 11)

The TD. == > I am sure its a great car with great power, excellent braking, great aircon etc. But i think its not a driver's car. The steering wheel was way too bigger (one look at Civic steering is enough to say No to Altis), the gear lever was bigger, shifting gears never had that vroom, thud, vroom feel (sorry for that stupid sound, donno any other way of explaining...seen fast and furious?? something like that) interior design was not appealing to me/wife. I am sure its a car for years and years of abuse. It can run for atleast couple of lakhs of kilometers. BUT THIS IS NOT FOR ME !!!! Altis dropped for sure (and for good). If you have the money, go for Altis G. Definetly not J.

Note: Lanson Toyota Pallikarani was the dealer i dealt with. I should give them credit for making that TD a great experience. The sales guy called himself a consultant and was an auto enthusiast himself. Truely, Altis has got great braking. From 120 to 0 without much of a body movement inside the cabin. The car beat my mental calculation (of braking distance for that speed) by atleast 10 times. Splendid.

Regards
Dev
Old 14th December 2009, 19:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Guys,

The TD. == > I am sure its a great car with great power, excellent braking, great aircon etc. But i think its not a driver's car. The steering wheel was way too bigger (one look at Civic steering is enough to say No to Altis), the gear lever was bigger, shifting gears never had that vroom, thud, vroom feel (sorry for that stupid sound, donno any other way of explaining...seen fast and furious?? something like that)
Hi Dev: From your liking, looks like you will either need Fiesta or ANHC(fun to drive cars).If you and your wife like ANHC just go for it. Fiesta is equally good for the price you get it. The long term maintenance cost, reliability, resale etc,. will not be a worry for Fiesta too like the ANHC. If both of you are inclined towards ANHC, dont mind that extra cost.

Hope you are not going to end up with a SX4 after all these calculations
Old 14th December 2009, 23:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hope you are not going to end up with a SX4 after all these calculations
No no. That won't happen. You can have my word on that. Everytime i see SX4 i see only Baleno. Not sure if you understood what i meant. I mean the failure of Maruti to successfully upgrade a sedan after one iteration (or generation). We have seen many generations of 800, zen, wagonr, and i am sure Swift will see atleast 2-3 more successful generations. But Baleno ?? Was that a bad car? Not at all. But where is the successful upgrade? You can't kill a model so soon. That erodes the resale value. I am afraid the same would be the story for sx4. This vvt is the first upgrade on sx4. Let it first win and get closer to 3000 cars a month.... then i will buy !!!

In c segment only Honda has been successful in upgrades. The OHC, then the zx, then the vtec, now the ivtec (am i right about the four model names?). Even today all these four models command premium in the second hand car market because the name Honda City is so much etched in customer's minds. So it will be Honda for sure (or something else but not maruti)

ps - to know the real value of life visit graveyard... same way .. visit second hand car dealer to know the real value of a car !!! (ok ok i know its getting over board ..so lets leave it here and focus on driving)
Old 5th January 2010, 23:09   #36
BHPian

mods: can you please change the subject to
City vs Fiesta vs Swift vdi - brain vs heart problem (EDIT: ANHC WINS)

folks - we have decided that it will be ANHC. going for PDI tomorrow. fyi. thank you for all you support. was really very helpful.

dev and valar
Old 5th January 2010, 23:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
mods: can you please change the subject to
City vs Fiesta vs Swift vdi - brain vs heart problem (EDIT: ANHC WINS)

folks - we have decided that it will be ANHC. going for PDI tomorrow. fyi. thank you for all you support. was really very helpful.

dev and valar
Hey congrats on your decision!

The ANHC is a great car.
Old 6th January 2010, 02:02   #38
BHPian

Drop Everything. The Auto Expo 2010 is an eye opener. How about the New Punto Sports ? Or even the new Toyota Etios? or the Polo 1.6.. All drool maals...
Hang on buddy with your choices, the Indian automotive industry is taking a turn here.

My say: Wait for the new cars hitting the streets and then make a decision.
Goodluck!
Old 6th January 2010, 23:07   #39
BHPian

But i thought Etios will be available only by december. Is that wrong?
Dev
Old 7th January 2010, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But i thought Etios will be available only by december. Is that wrong?
Dev
No, that is correct. Besides from the posts of those attending the expo the interiors are not the usual Toyota standards!

Trust you and Valar have been to the pdi per your plans. Congratulations on making a great unanimous choice. Get your iVtec step on the pedal and have fun. Post pictures asap.

Last edited by khoj : 7th January 2010 at 15:57.
Old 14th January 2010, 17:18   #41
BHPian

khoj, gomzi, joshdrive and other friends

thanks for your support so far
i bought the car and drove it straight to tuticorin from chennai. (600 kms)
after the PDI the delivery got delayed due to some hiccups from mycompany as well as the dealer sundaram honda. but they managed to give the car yesterday. today morning 7am we started from chennai and reached tuty by 4. now in a hotel taking rest. i rushed into the hotel opened the laptop and checked for wireless. to my surprise it worked. the only problem is that i misplaced my cannon connector cord. wifey got sick and is taking rest. can't ask her now. with camera on one hand and laptop on other i am sitting here like a monkey. will upload photos once i get that cord. the sony cord and the iphone care are all here except this one. grrrrrr.

ps - kept the car within 3k rpm and 80-110 kms range. touched 20kmpl on the display and took a photo. roads have really improved. i dont even feel tired after 9 hours drive. next time i can cover this distance in 7 hours time i guess. this being a new car i wanted to give it some respect and held my nerves. even a zen estilo overtook me. imagine my feelings.

Edit: got one pic from sony

dev

Last edited by irdevanand : 14th January 2010 at 17:34. Reason: inserting picture
Old 14th January 2010, 22:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
khoj, gomzi, joshdrive and other friends

thanks for your support so far
i bought the car and drove it straight to tuticorin from chennai. (600 kms)

ps - kept the car within 3k rpm and 80-110 kms range. touched 20kmpl on the display and took a photo. roads have really improved. i dont even feel tired after 9 hours drive. next time i can cover this distance in 7 hours time i guess. this being a new car i wanted to give it some respect and held my nerves. even a zen estilo overtook me. imagine my feelings.

dev
Congratulations again to both of you.
Taking the car out on an outstation trip is the best way to start off. Happy driving and locate that cable quickly.
Have patience for the return trip and post the 1.5K odo reading you can riiiip it.

Last edited by khoj : 14th January 2010 at 22:13.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:21   #43
BHPian

Congrats. Want to know: how do you find the ICE? Heard complaints that older USB players don't work. Hope they ain't true. Also, am very interested in looking at the top view of the New HC (to see how arrow design looks in 2 D flat from top) so could you oblige please? Enjoy the ride.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

dev
I wonder why the ABS light is on in the picture. It (along with fe other signs) should come and go when you put the ignition to the 'On' position.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:57   #45
BHPian

ABS Light: I need to check with the Sundaram Honda. Will do so in my first service on monday.

ICE: older USB? i used 3 USB sticks and it worked on all of them. Not sure what you mean by older. Please help me understand.

1.5k - yeah i crossed that number today. Got back from kanyakumari this evening. total 1500 kms. chennai-tuticorin-thirunelvali-nagercoil-kanyakumarai-thirunelveli-virudhunagar-chennai.

some pics

Most Viewed