Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 14:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The ANHC is faster than the Cedia in a straight line. That is for sure. However, around a track, I doubt it. Highly doubt it.

Even if you consider both the cars in their stock form, the Cedia has 195/60 R15 Potenza RE88s and the ANHC has 175/65 R15 XM1+. N o freaking way the ANHC will have better grip. Impossible.

I am not commenting on the lap times. Maybe there are a lot of straights due to which the outright power to weight ratio of the ANHC favours it, but not in the corners.
+1 to that. I have seen this myself. During my last trip t Bangalore, a Honda City was teasing me from behind, though I was cruising just around 90-100. He would overtake me, then slow down let me go past him, only to do it again. My hands and feet got the better of my mind and gave him a taste of what Sports Car was, versus a City Car. I was taking the corners at 120,without reducing speed, he was reducing his speed (probably to 80), still ended up at the last lane and then had to accelerate at straight stretches. And when pushed my Cedia to 140, he was just gone from my RVM. (Of course,the big catch here is his ability to push his car to its limits).

While coming back I met with the same with an SX4, who exactly matched me. (though I have never driven an SX4, I think it can come closer to Cedia in Handling).

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 11th December 2009 at 14:55.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I have seen this myself. During my last trip t Bangalore, a Honda City was teasing me from behind, though I was cruising just around 90-100.
with all due respects, this adds no value to the discussion at hand. There are hundreds of people claiming i overtook this guy and that guy on this speed - but it doesn't prove anything. If at all, its just shows that you may be a better driver than him. Comparing should be done with equal quality or the same driver on the car.

And we are talking about feeling versus something which as actually done in a scientific way. ACI Track report was a proper test, not how "i felt".

Abhi - time for you to take a call now.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

@Skywalker,
Track tests are track tests, with all under 'testing conditions'. In reality, we don't always drive on tracks. I thought a real experience could add some value to what he was looking for.

My personal negative with SX4 were only cheap plastics inside, black interiors (beige wasn't available), too much raised boot with poor rear visiblity. Other than that it had all required for 'Sporty' handling. Again My Personal Opinion.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Affordability is an extremely relative/ subjective thing, so this logic would apply across segments and types - no doubt.

I d only like to add that it is not ONLY a question of affordability which has an impact but the "perceived value proposition" as well as a host of other tangibles & intangibles.

and yes both cars have their advantages & disadvantages etc so one man's meat can well be another man's poison for a variety of reasons.
You are right about the affordability argument. But within and above the 10 lacs bracket, 'perceived value proposition' is not a deciding factor for many... for example, when cruze was launched, I was in a big deliemma because I see too many values in it and to some extent, it did entice me to book one.. but anyhow, I ended up booking a Civic for varied reasons - one being the peace of mind and proven reliability and brand..

Quote:
my main argument in favour of the SX4 here is that a relatively larger base of consumers would tend to view the choice given, from the stand point of overall value proposition and decide accordingly.
That is not true! Because if it was, there would be more sales of SX4 than the ANHC, right? If going by the sales number, obviously, a relatively large base of consumers view that ANHC returns an overall value proposition!

Last edited by iTNerd : 11th December 2009 at 15:26.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Skywalker, IMHO, real life experiences are what we will be living with, not track days - nothing wrong with sharing them I think.

To me, day to day situations are what add value, not a track day under test conditions where 0-100 timings are thrown out & a decision is made (though how it proves anything when one of the car timings is from one year back beats me).

Anyway, this is going OT because its a SX4 vs ANHC comparo & we shouldn't be bringing a Cedia into it, even though it has the best handling out of the three.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

@Raja: I understand. I am just saying that it cannot be used as a basis for scientific decision. Thanks for your understanding and clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Skywalker, IMHO, real life experiences are what we will be living with, not track days - nothing wrong with sharing them I think.
Suman, the fact of the matter is "i beat this guy on road" doesn't mean my car is faster. Its a really subjective thing. Its OK to say i love the cars handling and i love this part - but my beating another guy on street doesn't mean much. I might be a better driver than him or i might be taking more risks.

Besides, we dont really want to encourage street racing do we?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 11th December 2009 at 15:22.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:16   #67
BHPian

Folks no one said ANHC is a bad car.

Everyone is stating their personal views and experience, so others if they feel so, can pick up some info and use it for their decision making.

There might be 50,000 people who thought in the wisest possible way and bought the City. But there will be people like me who think thats not the wisest buy for me. Not for others, but for me. So I put my facts and try to state why I feel that way. I am not saying my brand is the best brand and I made the best buy.

Every buy is a wise buy for the buyer whether he buys the car for 1 lakh or 10 lakhs. He or she buys the car for his or her different needs. We also have to accept that all cars will not suit everyone.
The misfit could be around budget, A**, driving, mileage, road conditions, or even color availability.

I bought (cedia) what I like and people in the forum helped me in that decision making.
The same way I rejected a few cars and again the inputs from this forum played an important role in that.

Thats the nature of this forum, to provide everyone's experience and allow the information seeker to see whats best for him.

I am not feeling bad if anyone is talking ill of the car I own or the brand I own, I appreciate their views and take what is necessary from that. you cannot expect everyone to think like a Honda Owner, even if it is 50,000 people thinking in one way.Then other manufacturers would not have survived in India, because everyone would have bought only Honda.

In this thread we are trying to help someone making a decision on the car he is looking at buying, rather than selling our own cars or brands.

We should appreciate the diverse opinion and be a team.

I dont expect anyone to agree with me and I am game with that, I completely understand your perspective. I feel thats the spirit.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:51   #68
BHPian

Since street racing was involved ,i will give a small example:-

We were traveling in my uncles car on the NH2,which is a 2009 Honda CR-V 2.4 lt 4wd and doing around 120+,when a Maruti Omni overtook us .It was positively.........................

Draw your own conclusions
Old 11th December 2009, 23:24   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
Since street racing was involved ,i will give a small example:-

We were traveling in my uncles car on the NH2,which is a 2009 Honda CR-V 2.4 lt 4wd and doing around 120+,when a Maruti Omni overtook us .It was positively.........................

Draw your own conclusions
Omni at 120+ I am sure it cannot achieve that speed in stock form and i dont think anyone would take pains to turbocharge it.

Lets not take the thread offtopic anymore.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th December 2009 at 23:25.
Old 12th December 2009, 07:41   #70
BHPian

raja,

As skywalker says, your findings are not relevant to this thread's discussion. But i feel you found the wrong person at the wheel in a city. City not able to corner at 120 is news to me. My car does, though !

we leave at that, since your findings or mine hardly proves anything at all.

None can afford to say that ANHC is a bad car & none of the present owners nor the prospective buyers of ANHC are begging to call it one though. The numbers speak for itself and its going up everyday.

To decide if the buy is wise or no is upto the one who buys. None has any right to comment on whether it is wise or stupidity.

Im my opinion, nobody is entitled to comment or loose talk on anyone's buy. One can only suggest before the buy & there is absolutely no need to stress on the figures so many time, since everybody in the forum know these figures very well.

When the cycle with motor, i mean the mobike was introduced, most of the people i believe from history thought that the cycles would be replaced, but cycles are an indispensable lot. Time has proved it again & again.

When cycle manufacturers can survive, anybody can survive selling anything ! people are there to make wise decisions & buy. Its just the matter of requirement and how well one meets his or her requirement.

Unnecessary comments are uncalled for, when one has already said, it done from his side & is waiting for the decision ! I am very happy to see that the ANHC is again not being compared to dalda and deccan air tickets. ANHC compared to windows shows the level of reliability & trust that both the products have got for itself not only in INDIA , but around the world.

@legend

I hope the CR-V's speedo was not malfunctioning !!

@ Abhi,

I think you should decide and tell us your buy man ! Come on in & say it.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 12th December 2009 at 07:58.
Old 12th December 2009, 08:14   #71
BHPian

Hey Abhi, as I remember from one of your posts, today is the final TD day for you. Good luck for your trial, and even better luck with your decision! ANHC or SX4, we hope to know by the evening.

When I decided to buy the SX4 (though its production was paused just at that time), I was not a member of Team-BHP, and so I had extensively gone through user reviews etc on SX4, ANHC and Linea, which spoke of what owners felt and why. I at that time could not start a thread, and hence there was naturally no advice specifically directed towards my question. You however, have the advantage of both.

All the best.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:28   #72
BHPian

No i was not hallucinating and neither was the speedo malfunctioning......

we have here on team-bhp a ford fiesta 1.6 owner overtaken by a omni at 110kmph.But you are right ,i should not take this thread anymore.

Sorry
Old 12th December 2009, 11:47   #73
BHPian

I would love to stop indicating those numbers as long as people dont harp on how their Honda cars are superior to every other car. Typical Honda attitude I believe. \

Read the post that I had put in earlier in this thread about A buying a car. It might be on the lighter side and therfore exaggerating. But there is some amount of truth to it and there are plenty of people who bought in that way. I dont say you bought your car that way, but there are plenty of folks who have bought it that way.

Enjoy your majority and have a good time. I am happy to be not in the herd.

abhi182, heartfelt wishes for your new car and enjoy motoring.

Over and out for the rest of the wise folks.

Last edited by Car&me : 12th December 2009 at 11:56.
Old 12th December 2009, 11:57   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

I would like to add ANHC can easily keep up with Cedia on highway. The difference between them is definitely not as huge as a city car and a sports car. Please do not go overboard describing your own cars.

Just mentioning the basic performance figures from ACI-
Cedia: 0-100:10.23secs Topspeed: 195kph, 115bhp and 17.8kgm. Kerb Weight:1210kg
ANHC: 0-100:10.28secs Topspeed: 190kph, 118bhp and 14.9kgm. Kerb Weight:1100kg
Civic : 0-100: 9.59secs Topspeed: 205kph, 130bhp and 17.5kgm. Kerb Weight:1210kg

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th December 2009 at 12:10.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:57   #75
BHPian

i hope not the fiesta's or the omni's speedo was malfunctioning !!

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
I would love to stop indicating those numbers as long as people dont harp on how their Honda cars are superior to every other car. Typical Honda attitude I believe. \
Facts remain facts whether it is told & are not. If one starts thinking that one gets an attitude by the car one owns, i can only

Quote:
Read the post that I had put in earlier in this thread about A buying a car. It might be on the lighter side and therfore exaggerating. But there is some amount of truth to it and there are plenty of people who bought in that way. I dont say you bought your car that way, but there are plenty of folks who have bought it that way.
I read and wondered why HONDA was the subjected car on this PJ and why not the Cedia ?

Quote:
Enjoy your majority and have a good time. I am happy to be not in the herd.
oh! Definitely, we have been and will enjoy it for many years to come.

@Anshu,

Nice data, but i have read that ANHC sees off an 100 in 10 secs. Max speed achieved is 200 kmph, i suppose.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 12th December 2009 at 13:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks