Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 12:57   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
sorry, you are right - i made a mistake there!

But still, its not far off. Only 41% people think that their SX4 dont rattle. Thats a very pathetic numbers for a car which does is supposed to be in 8-9L range.

Btw, i am not trying to prevent anyone from buying SX4. I have already told abhi that he should go for SX4 since his heart is in it. He mentioned rattles as a concern and i am giving him an input.

check the thread mentioned above and you will see a lot of them talking about rattles.
I guess this thing of rattles is over done. I own an SX4 and haven't faced any problems. People who don't own sensationalise it without a first hand experience. I guess if one were to take a poll of ANHC, obviously there are going to be owners talking of some rattle or the other. No car is going to be a perfect one and SX4 for the price you pay is extremely value for money
Old 12th December 2009, 13:13   #77
BHPian

This thread really should not be allowed to degenerate into another ANHC vs Cedia battle.

Having test driven both cars extensively,I can say confidently that both of them are fine cars in their own right.

but having said that,as i have already said earlier, the SX4 is really not in this league.........

This is purely personal opinion and therefore no offense to any prospective or current sx4 owners.....
Old 12th December 2009, 19:32   #78
BHPian

Alright, back from the final TDs and the SX4 it is
Making the payment on Monday, gtng the vehicle on Friday

Here is how the decision panned out

I and my colleague (who is a substantially more objective person than I am) went to the Honda showroom in the afternoon, and after a 30 minute long TD by both of us (In city roads albeit with some empty stretches where we could push the car and corner it moderately hard), we both felt
- Nice & plush interiors
- Nice & smooth engine
- Nice & elegant handling
well, the list goes on, frankly, no negatives

This was followed by a longer TD of the SX4
- Ok interiors, not as plush as the city
- Good handling, seemed to be at par with the city if not better although of course, the roads were different
- Better grip that the city while cornering (possibly those 205s vs the 175s on the city)
- Roomier feel than the city
- Better equipment and kit level
- Seemed more silent than the city (don't pounce on me, we both felt the same, and the other guys is a loyal Honda customer and currently owns the NHC)

Overall, I think the city did seem like the no fuss sensible choice, but
a) The SX4 seemed more appealing
b) The post purchase service experience with Maruti is miles ahead of any other manufacturer
c) The ground clearance on the SX4

Anyway, my heart was set on the SX4 from the start so this may seem like a self fulfilling prophecy,
but the other guy (who was all set on the ANHC) is currently in the process of convincing his better half for the SX4
Old 12th December 2009, 21:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Congrats! Could you please also post the final details of what you were able to negotiate (cash, accessories etc) and from which dealer? Thanks! I too am planning to close pretty soon so would be of great help to me!
Old 12th December 2009, 21:09   #80
BHPian

hey abhi,

i respect your decision. All the best and enjoy your choice.

But i dont agree with the following,

1) the SX4 being quieter than ANHC. This is unbelievable.
2) handling better than ANHC. i personally dont agree with this.
3) Appealing than ANHC.
4) My authorised service centre is fantastic though i dont know about chennai.

When your heart was already set on SX4 from the start, why ask the question at all?
Dont you think you have put your mates to unnecessary trouble who took pains to write all these 6 pages of posts.

Do let us all know when you get your new car.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 12th December 2009 at 21:10.
Old 12th December 2009, 21:21   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
When your heart was already set on SX4 from the start, why ask the question at all?
As this sub-forum is supposed to help people make their buying decision it seems perfectly reasonable to ask if what he was thinking all along is correct, based on the experience of so many people well-versed in cars.

Quote:
Dont you think you have put your mates to unnecessary trouble who took pains to write all these 6 pages of posts.
Most of the 6 pages were about people defending their own cars (including the completely irrelevant discussion around Cedia) rather than making clear suggestions of what he should do.

Can't speak for others but it was no trouble for me to write one small post suggesting what I though was correct.
Old 12th December 2009, 21:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
hey abhi,

i respect your decision. All the best and enjoy your choice.

But i dont agree with the following,

1) the SX4 being quieter than ANHC. This is unbelievable.
2) handling better than ANHC. i personally dont agree with this.
3) Appealing than ANHC.

Do let us all know when you get your new car.
Hey Nandan,

I do completely agree with the points mentioned by you above, but as you've said already, let's respect his decision and wish him best on his new car.

Hey Abhi,
Congrats on your new car, and wish you have a good trouble free car for 100+K kms. Please post some pictures of your new car.
Glad to see the thread coming to an end

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 12th December 2009, 21:37   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to see the thread coming to an end
same here Laxmi ! Woosh, Quiet a discussion it was yaar !
Old 12th December 2009, 21:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhi

Congratulations on your Suzuki SX4.

Do you plan to buy MT or (newer) AT ?

Just returned from Garuda mall in bangalore where they have displayed a new ST4 AT. The car looks great from outside.

It is definately "Male" = looks strong, powerful, It has most widespread after sales service network, affortable and predictable maintainance cost.
Most importantly, it is within your budget.

Good wishes to you for a wonderful ownership period.

Drive Safe.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:08   #85
BHPian

[quote=mrwalker;1630314]
Quote:
As this sub-forum is supposed to help people make their buying decision
This forum helps mates who are not able to make decisions and not help people who have in principle have made a decision.

Quote:
Can't speak for others but it was no trouble for me to write one small post suggesting what I though was correct.
Ok, joining a discussion at the fag end in no big deal though !

But at the end of it all, let us all wish the best of everything to Abhi who gave an opportunity for such a healthy discussion with no hard feelings whatsoever.

@ Abhi,

we all deserve a good drive in your SX4 man! dont you think so ! My little sister owns one !

how far is Bangalore from chennai , 4-1/2" to 5 hours ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 12th December 2009 at 22:18.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:40   #86
BHPian

Glad to see that maruti is getting some customers with the NEW sx4.

BTW,Handling and NVH and appeal better than City.......

Anyways,congrats on the new car.......
Old 12th December 2009, 22:47   #87
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the booking Abhi. Do create a thread on your ownership experience.
Wish you a great experience with the SX4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I guess if one were to take a poll of ANHC, obviously there are going to be owners talking of some rattle or the other.
you are welcome to try it. I am ready to bet than there will be <10% of owners, if at all there are any who will complain about rattles in ANHC. Or as a matter of fact NHC or OHC.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:52   #88
BHPian

Which among the variants of SX4 vvt, VXI and ZXI, has the lower running costs?
Old 12th December 2009, 22:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Hi Abhi,
Although everyone had mentioned about their views, let me tell you why I decided on ANHC. I like both the cars very much. SX4 had more technology and comfort features. But ANHC also has few other things which others have already said and also in other threads. Two points why I decided on ANHC.
1) I calculated the mileage on both cars as posted by majority of the people and asking my friends around here (who own SX4). ANHC gives 20% more mileage. I also drive 1500 kms/month. With my drive, traffic conditions, I expect the mileage to be (11-12 for SX4 and 14-15 for ANHC). Hence, approximate monthly fuel is 25 litres extra in SX4. i.e. in 5 years time, I will spend Rs. 70,000 more on SX4 (without considering maintenance costs, which SX4 could save you some Rs. 10000-15000). The resale value of both cars (considered equal), you will get 70000 more on ANHC. So the price of these two cars are similar. After 10 years again the value of both cars will be similar and you would have saved 1.4 lakh over 10 years on ANHC on fuel. I didn't count the maintenance costs between 6 and 10 years, which may be more in case of ANHC.
2) I got similar discount on ANHC as SX4. As I read here in forums, if I would have got 25K discount plus 4K corp. discount, I would have decided on SX4. But I got only the first year insurance free on SX4 (Rs. 21000). Also, Honda dealer was very nice and very helpful. He took me two times (25 kms to the stockyard from showroom) and checked the car with Team-bhp's PDI check list. Maruti guys did not care about my business (may be I was one of the other thousand customers). I felt very pleasant with the people at Honda dealership. This was another reason I decided on ANHC. Hence, I have booked my ANHC on Monday and take delivery tomorrow. I have to experience ANHC first hand to make any comments further. Thanks.
Old 12th December 2009, 23:08   #90
BHPian

Well I really don't want to go any further on this, but let me just quickly answer this one

Quote:
Ok, joining a discussion at the fag end in no big deal though !
With my earlier post where I had made my suggestion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
One point to note is that in Pune Deccan Honda has a bad rep as far as Sales and Service is concerned... Have a look at the threads.

A new one Crystal Honda has opened up on the highway BUT there was an older one (Grand Honda) in the same area which was shut down and folks who bought from them were back to relying on Deccan Honda.

To simplify your decision:
If (GC is important) and (Budget is limited)
Buy SX4
Else
Buy ANHC
And yes, I believe he's buying in Pune, not Chennai...

Quote:
Last post by me on this thread.. Peace out!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed