Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 10:50   #1
BHPian

The Battle of the Titans:EDIT The ANHC wins it!!!!

As you all know for a few days now,i have been in the conundrum about a new black sedanand finally it is decision time.
So here goes
It is the ANHC .............

How this came about i will narrate in parts...........;;;;

First stop in the morning,Topsel Toyota for the TD of the Altis.Saw the Car,liked it,
good interiors, Reliable,Solid Build Quality...in short the perfect car in every department.... ( and again the response to black was" Sir,we will let you know in a week if it is available")...
but really there was nothing in the car to set the pulse racing....if u know what i mean.

To Be Continued
Iamlegend is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2009, 11:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!
These days I have started admiring black ANHC. ANHC has chiseled surfaces and balck goes very well with it.
Old 19th December 2009, 23:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your choice, and welcome to the ANHC Club.

where's the rest of the story?
Old 20th December 2009, 00:12   #4
BHPian

Another one bites the dust

Then, we went on to the Mitsubishi showroom to have a look at the cedia.
The car felt good to drive, had wonderful cornering abilities,but if there was one thing about the car that was nagging us was the lack of the wow factor
.......cedia owners please dont take any offence....
Added to that ,the lackadaisical attitude of the showroom people and the showroom itself looked dusty and decrepit...
I asked myself , if it was worth spending so much of my parents money on a no doubt good car with doubtful A.S.S.
as i have told earlier, we have suffered enough with the fiat/premier....
So the answer was no.......

We trudged on to the honda showroom...Pinnacle Honda..ready to make a choice betwen civic and ANHC

To Be Continued

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 21st December 2009 at 18:52. Reason: See note in post.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:51   #5
BHPian

legend,

The story has been dragged enough in my opinion. Come out with the full story please.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Can't believe you liked the City over Altis! No seriously!
Old 20th December 2009, 20:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that extreme torque.

Very surprising.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:08   #8
BANNED

Congrats on your new ANHC, I think you have made good choice.
Kindly give full details for your choice so we can understand fully about the decision you have made.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:12   #9
BHPian

Extreme and Beejay,

I second your comments or rather third your comments !
Old 20th December 2009, 21:13   #10
BHPian

Iamlegend, Congrats on your choice.

Continue to pour in your booking and day 1 experience with lot of photos.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Extreme and Beejay,

I second your comments or rather third your comments !
Plus 1 to that.

ANHC in place of CIVIC / ALTIS, if the governing factor is not monetary, kind of baffles me.

Am eagerly awaiting the next post from IamLegend. This kind of break in continuity affects the essence of the thread.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:23   #12
BHPian

The Civic scrapes its belly!!!

Then we went to this showroom Pinnacle honda .i Must tell you something about the outside of this showroom.it is dusty,filled with potholes and gravel,and will cause any kind of problems to ANY...And i mean ANY sedan(Yes,including the SX4).....
First,we took the civic out for a spin.I will not bore you people with what i have already said about the civic.Great acceleeration,ooomph interiors and exteriors,NVH levels were impressive......
but about 100 metres from the showroom,,there is a huge pothole...and you know what, it banged its belly smack on to the dirt and all the comfort of the city roads went for a trip,afterthat.!!!!
Every vibration,every little piece of rough boulder was making the cabin shudder...

To my utter surprise,when we took out the V-at .It seemed to handle the rough roads better and it didnt scrape its belly on the potholes....

Still. I wanted to book the civic AT,but any car in india is almost always a family decision....
Papa had the view that the civic would be ok,except for its GC and mom,who is herself qite an accomplished driver herself,told she felt the civic was better....

When we told this to sales manager, he informed us that honda will introduce the new civic with some modifications around august, next year....

So we made a decision, that we would buy the ANHC now,and go for the civic next season......

That is why, It is the ANHC 1.5 V AT

Now, I am shocked at some of the vile abuse directed towards me, really on this forum....
So, i will present my defence:-

1>This thread had to be written in parts because the tata indicom internet conn. was going bong bong for a few days...

2>Extreme torque-We dont buy a car simply becoz of its dimensions,engine output,0-100 timings ,do we? We buy a car that seems best in our personal opinion combined with due weightage to the above factors....

To Indian Vagabond- Please stop commenting absolute drivel.The concern is not at all monetary, and since you have riled me so much i will say this to you.

I can tell you this who ever you are, and where ever you are from,next time in durgapur just come to my place and rest assure you will never raise this point anymore.....

Not from Mod : Please do take a look at this thread (LINK (Expected Posting Etiquette)) for some pointers on posting on Team-BHP. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st December 2009 at 19:56. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post

Now, I am shocked at some of the vile abuse directed towards me, really on this forum....
So, i will present my defence:-

2>Extreme torque-We dont buy a car simply becoz of its dimensions,engine output,0-100 timings ,do we? We buy a car that seems best in our personal opinion combined with due weightage to the above factors....

I can tell you this who ever you are, and where ever you are from,next time in durgapur just come to my place and rest assure you will never raise this point anymore.....
These are not abuses. They and I were just curious that you choose the City over the Altis and were wondering how you arrived at it.

Most of us buy a car here for its dimensions and engine output. I did just that.

I think you had a limited budget and the city is a good car for that price.

I am not too sure if Indian Vagabond would like your comments.

Last edited by beejay : 21st December 2009 at 10:48.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Iamlegend,
Congrats on your purchase. By the way, keep it cool man. It happens. Some people would say things like 'ANHC over Altis?". They forget it was also over Civic. Got it? Enjoy.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

Iamlegend; congrats on the new car. ANHC is a stunner.

Do try to writing up on a notepad and editing it before posting here. Saves your net bill, connectivity issues and readability.

Emm, where are the pix ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks