Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 06:12   #16
BHPian

I would recommend ANHC + Jetta. Or letting the employees choose themselves would be the best option! It's not just about getting the car of their choice, but more of a wow effect in them.

Will they all be chauffeur driven?

Seriously, consider the Jetta or Altis for even occasional backseat commute. And they (VW) carry higher snob value than the Civic, one of the things that matters in companies. And of course the maintenance costs. Oh in case of Jetta, all maintenance coverage for 3 years including oil change. Cheers.

Compare maintenance and initial cost for three of them. Pay some visits to dealers? I'm sure Toyota would already be having better policies/offers to handle bulk purchases.

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 10th January 2010 at 06:14.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Why not Civics + Cedia?

I don't think Honda will give you heavy discount, whether you buy 7 or 13. So buy 7 Civics and 6 Cedias. But then, there might be problems of everyone wanting the Cedias
Old 10th January 2010, 12:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You bet, buying 13 cars from the same brand / showroom will give you amazing leverage. However, since all of these cars are for employees, are they going to be chauffeur-driven? If so, consider the Altis. It has a better backseat compared to the Civic.
At least while spending company money, one could show patriotism. Why not some "Desi" cars, Manza or Swift Dzire.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:56   #19
BHPian

ANHC+Jetta is an apt combo.IMHO it's not good option to put all eggs in 1 basket. and Honda's are difficult to bargain with.you are sure to get a killer deal with VW.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
I would recommend ANHC + Jetta. Or letting the employees choose themselves would be the best option! It's not just about getting the car of their choice, but more of a wow effect in them.

Will they all be chauffeur driven?

Seriously, consider the Jetta or Altis for even occasional backseat commute. And they (VW) carry higher snob value than the Civic, one of the things that matters in companies. And of course the maintenance costs. Oh in case of Jetta, all maintenance coverage for 3 years including oil change. Cheers.

Compare maintenance and initial cost for three of them. Pay some visits to dealers? I'm sure Toyota would already be having better policies/offers to handle bulk purchases.
I have also recommended to let the employees choose the cars themselves.

Yes, the cars will be chauffeur driven.

I did not know that the VW Jetta would have a lower maintenance cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Why not Civics + Cedia?

I don't think Honda will give you heavy discount, whether you buy 7 or 13. So buy 7 Civics and 6 Cedias. But then, there might be problems of everyone wanting the Cedias
Mitsubishi? Do they have a good ASS?
Old 10th January 2010, 16:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
At least while spending company money, one could show patriotism. Why not some "Desi" cars, Manza or Swift Dzire.
Hehe, Manza & DZire are for another lower level managers. Might go for the DZire for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
ANHC+Jetta is an apt combo.IMHO it's not good option to put all eggs in 1 basket. and Honda's are difficult to bargain with.you are sure to get a killer deal with VW.
What about the service centers in and around Mumbai?
Old 10th January 2010, 17:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
+1. Specially since the jetta is selling very well compared to its competiton, you should be able to make a sweet deal.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:53   #23
BHPian

Your option of Civic cars is good. The Honda engines are very reliable and this car is well proven Worldwide. Considering the ground clearance - it also has a better ground clearance on Indian roads. After Sales and Service is better compared to Skoda. Honda should definitely give you a good bargain as there are plenty of competeters hands that grabs your attention. VW is new in India, we should see how they stabilize. Honda has already won the hearts of Indians.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Your option of Civic cars is good. The Honda engines are very reliable and this car is well proven Worldwide. Considering the ground clearance - it also has a better ground clearance on Indian roads. After Sales and Service is better compared to Skoda. Honda should definitely give you a good bargain as there are plenty of competeters hands that grabs your attention. VW is new in India, we should see how they stabilize. Honda has already won the hearts of Indians.
Civic has good GC?

Are you sure about it? AFAIK its around 160mm.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:51   #25
BHPian

We took it for a test drive with our three friends solidly built. It did not touch anywhere at known potholes and humps.
In extreme cases as the wheelbase is more any car will bottom down.

See specs of Civic below.
Overall Length4,545 mmOverall Width1,750 mmOverall Height1,450 mmWheelbase2,700 mmMin. Ground Clearance170 mm
Old 13th January 2010, 17:17   #26
BHPian

The new Civic has better GC but one of my friends still managed to scrap it on a speed breaker here :-))
Old 13th January 2010, 17:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
We took it for a test drive with our three friends solidly built. It did not touch anywhere at known potholes and humps.
In extreme cases as the wheelbase is more any car will bottom down.

See specs of Civic below.
Overall Length4,545 mmOverall Width1,750 mmOverall Height1,450 mmWheelbase2,700 mmMin. Ground Clearance170 mm
I found the civic to be pretty low. And everyone i know, having the civic, have the same complaint.

Last edited by rg_chn : 13th January 2010 at 17:27.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:33   #28
BHPian

Although the Civic has GC of 170mm, the long wheelbase is a concern. At first visual look from the side, it seems that the running board of the vehicle is low but actually it is at its spec. I believe the GC is normally measured from the Anti-Roll bars.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:38   #29
BHPian

The visual sight of the Civic with respect to ground clearance seems to be low from the running board but it is at its actual specs of 170mm. The long wheelbase is a concern. Normally the ground clearance is measured from the Anti-Roll bars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks