Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2005, 12:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Veyron- Dont you just love the Swift! LOL

Quote:
i'm assuming these are the cars that you like in your order of preference...
Nah, thats not so buddy! None are in that order. It was written randomly! just to show swift as 18th

Quote:
but personally speaking, the swift, ikon 1.6, and the Vrs are more of "driver's cars"....
How could you forget the Vtec it will be more fun to drive then the Ikon and def then the Swift. Frankly speaking swift is not a car which loves to be revved hard. Its a good car but when it comes to performance then its unlike any Maruti probably because of the weight!

Quote:
under what god's name do you consider the innova 2.0 petrol as an enthusiast's choice..???? given an enthusiast's preference, i would've chosen the mahindra classic, the gypsy, or the endeavour/pajero
Buddy i meant that The Innova 2.0L Petrol VVT-i is fast and its so fast that it will shame a swift any day of the week! I meant fast cars not enthusiast.

Quote:
Ikon's anchors are bad man, and seems like all the people dying around the place are victims of this fault
Its just a matter of coincedence and the fact that most ford drives either drink or drive or drive rashily or maybe floor her too much since she got the power.. Just kiddin!

Quote:
the 'Rolla doesn't need a TC to take on the RS. All you need is a 17" kit and a higher OD, and you can get a 16 sec flat run on the car
No even after a higher OD and 17 inch wheels it wont beat a RS. Afterall 150 is greater then 125. LOL, but yeah also Toyota is on the job for this one!
Old 15th September 2005, 13:09   #62
BANNED

Why no Lancer on this thread eh? Not even after the No. 18 Swift...I'm taking this quite personally cause even though the stock Lancer feels underpowered, once you mod it out, it kicks ass and has the best handling in its class.
Old 15th September 2005, 13:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Lancer may be around 12th or so!

Extremely sorry BoomShiva!

Actually the advertisement by HM makes the Lancer almost non exsistant for me. LOL.

But i dont think it has the best handling. A Octavia and a Optra handle way better.

Also since we are talking about stock form. If a Swift is modified properly(i guess veyron1 is on the job already ) then it can really kick some asses
Old 15th September 2005, 15:16   #64
BANNED

Dude no way. My Optra doesn't handle as well as my Lancer, and I drove the Skoda and found it too heavy around corners. I think the Indian Lancer is built on the Evo IV platform or something like that. Not sure, but I haven't come across a better handling car, except for maybe the Mondeo.

Whoops, I think I'm off topic!
Old 15th September 2005, 15:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

@ Boom Shiva - Drive the Octavia vRS Turbo Petrol and also which Optra do you own! THe optra i am talking about is the one which was recently launched with 15inchers. Drive it and you will know what i mean! Cheers!
Old 15th September 2005, 16:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Indian Lancer bodytype is the base for Lancer Evo VI. Not too sure about V, maybe that too. Optra's handling has been tweaked by Lotus.

BUSA, please check the results of the last ACI Speed Run in Mumbai. The Toyota Corolla, stock except for larger OD wheels, beat the Skoda RS. This same RS had won the Bangalore Speed Run, so it's not like he can't drive!
Old 15th September 2005, 17:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Indian Lancer bodytype is the base for Lancer Evo VI. Not too sure about V, maybe that too. Optra's handling has been tweaked by Lotus.

BUSA, please check the results of the last ACI Speed Run in Mumbai. The Toyota Corolla, stock except for larger OD wheels, beat the Skoda RS. This same RS had won the Bangalore Speed Run, so it's not like he can't drive!
Hey Viper i am not doubting that the driver cant drive, frankly speaking i really didnot know nor was i aware that a RS was beaten by a Corolla in the speedrun! Heard it first time from you!

Buttt how did it beat. There is some much RS hype just like the City Vtec hype that i just could not have guessed that Corolla could have done that! Toyota

Yeah your write Optras handling(chassy) has been fine by Lotus, London and its handling is wonderful. Drive one and you will know what i mean!
Old 15th September 2005, 17:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wolfman, when do we meet? My Baleno needs to meet your Vtec!
What you got on your car dude???
Old 15th September 2005, 18:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yaar veyron, no offense, but don't driver's cars need good stoppers too? Ikon's anchors are bad man,
aah,yes...whoopsie...i agree, the brakes aren't quite upto the mark, but fun to drive nevertheless the car is....

Quote:
Buddy i meant that The Innova 2.0L Petrol VVT-i is fast and its so fast that it will shame a swift any day of the week!
tell you what busa- bring a innova petrol, and we shall see....just playin.. actually, the innova petrol isn't that fast, even in terms of speed; forget chassis balance and handling...

Quote:
If a Swift is modified properly(i guess veyron1 is on the job already)
hmmm...was that a blow below the belt...?? actually, my plans are on the anvil; but getting postponed due to some reasons....from now on, gonna open my mouth only when i finish my plans..he..he...

Quote:
FYI, guys, the 'Rolla doesn't need a TC to take on the RS. All you need is a 17" kit and a higher OD, and you can get a 16 sec flat run on the car. The engine is bloody brilliant.
wow..now that's news..but then, put 17 inchers on the RS, and it might grab the lead back...
Old 15th September 2005, 20:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Veyron(Swift) vs Innova! LOL

Quote:
What you got on your car dude???
I guess he has got a stock baleno with wider rubber!

Quote:
aah,yes...whoopsie...i agree, the brakes aren't quite upto the mark, but fun to drive nevertheless the car is....
More important then reaching a speed is stopping back!

Quote:
tell you what busa- bring a innova petrol, and we shall see....just playin.. actually, the innova petrol isn't that fast, even in terms of speed; forget chassis balance and handling...
Well LOL, that VVTi engine is far superior to the ACE of Maruti in the Swift. The Innova is real fast in petrol form! Test drive one and you will surely know what i mean!

Quote:
hmmm...was that a blow below the belt...?? actually, my plans are on the anvil; but getting postponed due to some reasons....from now on, gonna open my mouth only when i finish my plans..he..he...
Well i never knew you modifying but you personal preference of a fast car shows that you cant drive a slow little sluggish Swift

Quote:
wow..now that's news..but then, put 17 inchers on the RS, and it might grab the lead back...
That is real news! But again the esteem is fast and poor handling just kills its sportier character so is it with the Corolla! However i have seen a RS with real low profile 17inchers. Simply MINDBLOWING

But whats OD? Over Drive?

How will te car become faster with wider and bigger rubber. Should not it be slow due to more weight on the wheel.
Old 15th September 2005, 20:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Brothers arent we going a little
Old 15th September 2005, 23:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wolfman, nothing on my car dude. Dead stock. What are you running? I hope this is the part where you say 225 rubber!

BUSA, OD is Overall Diameter. This means the wheel+tyre combo is larger than earlier. So for every rotation, the car will move further. If the weight is the same, larger OD is a much better bet, anyday.

Yeah, I agree with you BUSA, the RS is over-hyped. No offense to owners, but you can buy an Accord for less, or a V6 for a lakh more. And a Vtec is just as quick, at (now) a third of the price!
Old 15th September 2005, 23:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Guys hang on...Let me give my 2cents: Sticking to the topic of this thread, VTec is faster than Baleno in all respects provided the driver knows basic driving skills...i mean starting the car,,,putting in 1st gear so on and so forth......kidding though but true...

Well, someone in the thread mentioned that a modded Baleno would take a modded VTec,,,absolutely incorrect...if similar mods are done on both of them i.e if you increase 20bhp on both the machines there still would be 12bhp gap favouring the VTec...For Baleno to equal VTec it needs 32bhp in comparison to VTecs 20bhp!simple maths,,,thanks for not laughing!!!
VTec vs Corolla...hmmm...something to talk about...Baleno,,naaaa!

Note: Above comments might be biased as the owner of the comments owns a VTec incidentally!!!
[color=black]
Well,
the simple math of porting a bigger 1600 (baleno) cc is easier for me to undertand than porting a smaller complicated vvti 1500 cc (vtec) engine...It is not as simple as adding 20 bhps to both cars...however much you would like to think that way....
modded Baleno's have been winning againt honda city's and VTecs rather easily....want to see..here you go

this is just to put this speculation reg who..at least in modded form... is faster to rest ...you will find rather few rallies where a City Beat Baleno..provided both were able to complete the race
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...7192005530.asp

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/t...08/08/&prd=th&

http://mai.co.in/results/2004/kerala...tion%20ss1.pdf

To quote Overdrive
http://www.overdriveindia.com/art_dt...ports&code=145
"Pace wasn’t a problem with the Baleno and on the only trouble free outing for the car Karandip Singh went on to win the K-1000 rally beating the Hondas. "

Stock Baleno was also faster in a test between OHC, Astra, Nexia, Baleno and Lancer...it had the highest top speed and had the smallest 0-100 time (guess 2001 overdrive)

the Baleno that braved the mumbai rains
http://baleno.rediffblogs.com/

PS: I own a Baleno

Last edited by Buffetfan : 15th September 2005 at 23:39.
Old 15th September 2005, 23:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wolfman, nothing on my car dude. Dead stock. What are you running? I hope this is the part where you say 225 rubber!
Nope dude Im running stock too...but cosmetics like stanley leather, kenwood HU, JBL speakers n tweeters, sony xplod amp and 12inch sub, 12cd changer, quick clutch and brand new michelin certis (165/60) imported(got rid of bridgestone potenzas - noisy crap)...Gotta get an header done soon from one of the bhpians...
Now im sure you wanna race...
Old 15th September 2005, 23:38   #75
Senior - BHPian

Buffetfan, please remember that the articles you have cited are for the 2005 INRC rallies. The OHC Vtec has been out of production for almost 2 years. Spares are hard to come by, as are new/good machines. Besides, the Marutis get some sort of factory support, I think. Before the OHC went out of production, INRC was basically Vtec territory, in the 1400+ classes.

I can think of only two Balenos to take on Hondas, one is Vinod's Scooby lookalike, and one was Iceman's car.

p.s. I own a Baleno too!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks