Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 16:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
dude where's your initial ownership report? put it up, F.A.S.T. Man, i have been trying to convince Dad to get the Verna AT, as it will be self-driven and after owning the i10 AT for 6 months, am hooked on to Automatics, especially with the horrendous bumper-to-bumper traffic, more so during my daily travel from Saki Naka to Bandra West. have this persistant ankle & knee pain because of the Logan's hard clutch.

@sathya
Please get an Automatic, trust me, you will never regret your decision.
@Anil, Auto sure makes sense in congested city driving (esp. on hosur road/btm road junctions). However, i have few impressions regarding an A/T:

1. It is said that A/T is not for driving enthusiasts becos you never get to really 'feel' the power of the engine/car in an auto. Your opinions on this?
2. How does the A/T fare on highways ( in terms of pickup, acceleration, top speed) when compared to M/T ones?
3. How are the maintenance/service cycles for an A/T (again compared to a manual one)?

Sorry for these basic Q's, but I'm literally a novice when it comes to knowledge/experience about A/T cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
If you are considering Petrol, then ANHC is the best option.
Only Problem with ANHC is ground clearance, need to be cautious always.
Star, how has been your experience so far driving on the awful speedbreakers in Bangalore? Does it always scrape those nasty bumps even when you are driving alone or only when there are 2+ persons at the rear? Can the scraping be avoiding if you drive over them very slowly (with full load at the rear)?

Some of my friends were saying that you need to drive it crossways on the bumps to avoid hitting them, not sure how practical the idea is esp. when there are vehicles all around you?

Last edited by Zappo : 30th December 2009 at 15:17.
Old 24th December 2009, 17:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya79 View Post
@Anil, Auto sure makes sense in congested city driving (esp. on hosur road/btm road junctions). However, i have few impressions regarding an A/T:

1. It is said that A/T is not for driving enthusiasts becos you never get to really 'feel' the power of the engine/car in an auto. Your opinions on this?
2. How does the A/T fare on highways ( in terms of pickup, acceleration, top speed) when compared to M/T ones?
3. How are the maintenance/service cycles for an A/T (again compared to a manual one)?

Sorry for these basic Q's, but I'm literally a novice when it comes to knowledge/experience about A/T cars.
1. If, as you have said, drive daily for around 40kms through traffic, it makes more sense getting an automatic for the sheer convenience. The next AT in diesel is the Laura DSG which is around 16L OTR.
2. If you go out once or twice a month, the driving 'fun' as people say won't matter as much. As far as pick up goes, even though in speed runs and tests the manual is quicker by a second or so, in real time you will not feel much of a difference, in fact, considering the gear shifts are automatic compared to the manual where you negotiate clutch, gear, accelerator, the acceleration in the auto-box feels a lot quicker. Top speed anyways, with the condition of our highways and driving habits of heavy vehicles, you should not go above 120-130kmpl. The automatic's top speed may be 5-7km lesser than the Manual, but to tell you the truth, what difference does it make if the manual does 192 and the auto maxes out at 185? So please don't bother about that.
3. The major expenses with the automatic would be replacing disc pads every 20k kms as is the case with all automatics driven in start stop go traffic in India.

Do take a Test drive of the Verna AT and the City AT and make your decision. The only points that put me off about the City are:
Petrol (Not economical if you do 40kms or more daily)
Price (1.25 lacs more expensive than the Verna)
Ground Clearance / Soft Suspension (You can't blame Honda for that, its our roads to blame)
Old 24th December 2009, 17:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Star, how has been your experience so far driving on the awful speedbreakers in Bangalore? Does it always scrape those nasty bumps even when you are driving alone or only when there are 2+ persons at the rear? Can the scraping be avoiding if you drive over them very slowly (with full load at the rear)?

Some of my friends were saying that you need to drive it crossways on the bumps to avoid hitting them, not sure how practical the idea is esp. when there are vehicles all around you?
My within city driving pattern is as below

60% - Only me in the car
30% - 2/3 people in the car
10% - 4 or more people in the car.

Initially i used to scrape on every speed breaker (probably also because of my previous car being a hathback, i was not used to driving a sedan), now i somewhat mastered the art of passing over an above averagly built speed breaker w/o scraping. Still there are speed breakers which are insanely built where the car scrapes come what may, do what may. These instances are very very few.

Once in a month whicle regular washing and cleaning, i raise the car and see what is the impact, There is no impact at all till now.

If you are a driver who does not care about the speedbreaker and want to just zip pass then City is not the car for you, If you are such a driver, then your license should be withdrawn becasue speed breaker have been put up so that the traffic comes to dead stop and then proceeds at snails pace. ANHC meets this SOCIAL, Regulatory requirment by design.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th December 2009 at 17:29.
Old 24th December 2009, 17:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i did a TD of Verna CRDI SX (M/T) last month and the sales guy told me that they have stopped the rear disk brakes since last august. Pls. correct me if I'm wrong here...
Yes, thats sadly right. I picked up a Verna CRDI SX in September and it did not have rear discs. I should say the Verna is a very good all round car, no regrets. I also own a Civic for last 3 years, if you ask me to compare, the refinement of a petrol is in a different league altogether. I assume the ANHC should also be quite refined. If I need to go someplace and I have both the Verna and Civic available, I'll anyday pick the Civic and that too being a 3 year old. Let me see if this helps.

1) If running cost is the prime consideration, go for the Verna Diesel
2) If you like the thrill of the turbo kicking in and the resulting maniac acceleration and torque steer, go for the Verna
3) If GC concerns you, go for the Verna
4) If refinement is important, go for the ANHC (just to add, among Diesels, I should say Verna is pretty refined)
5) Overall driving pleasure, snob value, go for the ANHC
6) Long term reliability, Honda without doubt, not that Verna is bad

Hope I've confused you enough

Last edited by dinu2506 : 24th December 2009 at 17:37.
Old 24th December 2009, 18:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Two of my favourite cars in the Indian Market today

I own a Verna for the last 18 months or so and have driven it for over 25000 km's myself on all kinds of roads and highways - mainly north. I run the car on stock tyres ( 175 size ) and have installed no ICE till date. My I-Pod does the job for me when I am driving on highways. That is how interesting the car is to drive. To put it in simple word - IT DOES NOT BORE YOU !

Now I hear all sorts of complaints from Verna Owners and a lot of cons of the cars here on the forum that the car needs an upsize and needs ABS, has a Bumpy Ride etc etc.

I can say that if you are a normal driver driving on normal roads - you do not need to upsize. Although 185 / 195 would certainly be good.

Also the normal brakes on my Non ABS model is sufficient enough for good braking. Wet roads however can be a bit risky if not handled carefully.

The looks are just fine and the Interiors though a tad bit un interesting has high quality plastics and do the job.

The Diesel motor is excellent and a good highway cruiser. Overtaking is a breeze and FE is tops and expect between 15- 20 kpl on mixed driving with city / highway stints.

ANHC - Now this is a much better looking car and has a better brand image than Hyundai. The City is a proven and trusted car and obviously has excellent re sale value and look no further if you want a Petrol Sedan. It comes with Airbags as standard and that is not even an option on the Verna Sadly.

It now comes with a more powerful output and the steering has better feedback than the previous Honda City. It looks way cooler with the optional and more expensive One Strip Grille ( similar to the Accord ). The top end has alloys too.

So I will not choose any car in particular as both are excellent. Diesel - Verna it is. Petrol - ANHC it is. Do not look at anything else
Old 24th December 2009, 19:34   #21
BHPian

@All, Thanks a lot for your responses. Really appreciate your help for taking out time to answer my queries. Pls. excuse me for not having thanked each of you individually for your responses, but pls. be assured that I have registered each and every insight that you all have provided in your responses. It's definitely not falling on deaf ears (or rather, blind eyes!) Having said that, i'm still hungry for much more of your valuable suggestions and advice. So, pls. keep it pourin! .

Quote:
Do take a Test drive of the Verna AT and the City AT and make your decision.
@Anil, Many thanks for your clarifications. Will definitely TD both the A/T's this weekend or during the next week and update you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
If you are a driver who does not care about the speedbreaker and want to just zip pass then City is not the car for you, If you are such a driver, then your license should be withdrawn becasue speed breaker have been put up so that the traffic comes to dead stop and then proceeds at snails pace. ANHC meets this SOCIAL, Regulatory requirment by design.

Well said! But, have you noticed lately where the B'lore corporation authorities are replacing narrow/nasty humps with the wide and long ones (with concrete slabs at the top) i guess ANHC won't have problems gliding over them right?

Quote:
Hope I've confused you enough
@Dinu, Thanks for your inputs as well. And yes, you sure have increased my confusion . But, its all worth it cos after all, each of these machines cost a million bucks and you wouldn't wanna make a hasty decision. But, i didn't quite understand what the reasons are when you said that you would anyday pick the Civic over the Verna if you had to go out for a drive. Is it the predictability of engine response/linear acceleration, the weighing factor here?

@All, Thanks a lot for your responses. Really appreciate your help for taking out time to answer my queries. Having said that, i'm still hungry for much more of your suggestions and advice. So, pls. keep it comin!

Ok, few more queries:

1. Having skimped on the Auto climate control (even in the top V variant), how effective is ANHC's A/c? Read some of the reviews which said, it is just 'average' and not an 'absolute chiller' (as compared to Verna's ACC). Does it suffice for the peak summer heat in b'lore (esp. at the rear seats)?

2. Again based on the hundreds of reviews that i've read on various forums, it is said that the verna veers towards the left, if you leave the steering for a while. 'Improper camber' is what some of the reviews said.
Though insignificant as it may seem, I wanted to know whether this is true and whether ANHC has any such problems?

3. How's the steering feedback in Verna at medium-to-high speed ranges? Does it feel vague at times (with some understeer)? and compared to this, how is the feedback from ANHC's steering?

3. Read a few -ves about Verna's ride and handling and its 'corner sulking' qualities. Again, pls. throw some light on these too by comparing with that of ANHC.

4. How 'mod friendly' are these two cars? By mod, i mean if I want to upgrade the size of the rubber (to 185 or 195 profile ones), or want to upgrade the headlamps to a higher wattage etc. will these have any impact on the warranties? I heard from my colleague that Honda does not recommend upgrade of stock tyres to the ANHC and he would have to risk losing warranty if he chose to do so. Is it true and whether similar thing exists for Hyundai as well?

5. What are the most striking 'problem areas' in each of these two cars? In ANHC, it may be low ground clearance and in Verna it may be the absence of Airbags. (I still can't fathom how Hyundai guys can omit such a basic safety feature esp. in a stonking diesel car. To make matters worse, even the i10s and i20s come with multiple airbags!!). So apart from these, what are the other 'problem areas' or 'showstoppers' in each of these cars?

6. Ok lastly, though factors like running costs, safety, driving thrills, engine power, comfort etc. are important for any car buyer, at the end of the day, it is the peace of mind of having made the most 'optimal' decision (without any feeling of regret) is all that matters. I understand that there aren't any 'perfect' decisions in life nor 'perfect' cars . So, given this, I want to know what's your final word on this debate between ANHC vs Verna CRDI.

Many thanks in advance.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Team-BHP is viewed by people from all walks of life, and they prefer an uncluttered post protocol. We would much appreciate you restricting the smilie usage to 2 per post.

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 28th December 2009 at 00:11. Reason: See note.
Old 24th December 2009, 19:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
So I will not choose any car in particular as both are excellent. Diesel - Verna it is. Petrol - ANHC it is. Do not look at anything else
Thanks Vkochar. Sorry, I was busy composing my post that I did not see or update it with your reply. Though, you've answered some of my questions already but would nevertheless request you to have a go at all of my Q's once again.
Old 24th December 2009, 20:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well said! But, have you noticed lately where the B'lore corporation authorities are replacing narrow/nasty humps with the wide and long ones (with concrete slabs at the top) i guess ANHC won't have problems gliding over them right?
Yes, This innovation (combining zebra crossing and speed breakers into one) by the Traffic Police of Bangalore would help all the vehicles including ANHC.

Quote:
1. Having skimped on the Auto climate control (even in the top V variant), how effective is ANHC's A/c? Read some of the reviews which said, it is just 'average' and not an 'absolute chiller' (as compared to Verna's ACC). Does it suffice for the peak summer heat in b'lore (esp. at the rear seats)?
I can say airconditioner in ANHC is very good (i will not say excellent). It chills adequately. For Bangalore City conditions i would say more than adequate. I have driven in peak summer (May end) traffic in coastal Karnataka which has peak temperatures of near 40 deg C with very high humidity. I have found it to be adequately cooling with a setting of 3. In fact i have written this feedback in my ownership thread as well.

I would have said excellent if it had ACC in it.

These day i often use the heater in Bangalore rather than A/C.

Quote:
2. Again based on the hundreds of reviews that i've read on various forums, it is said that the verna veers towards the left, if you leave the steering for a while. 'Improper camber' is what some of the reviews said.
Though insignificant as it may seem, I wanted to know whether this is true and whether ANHC has any such problems?
I can not comment on Verna as i have never driven one myself.
you can refer this question to the Verna Owners.

I have not found such a probelm in my ANHC. In fact the car is rock solid and remains in the lane without holding the steering wheel as well for some time. I have tried this at decent speeds 40-50 KMPH on Bellary Road in Bangalore at night.

Quote:
3. How's the steering feedback in Verna at medium-to-high speed ranges? Does it feel vague at times (with some understeer)? and compared to this, how is the feedback from ANHC's steering?
Again regarding Verna, you can ask the owners of verna in the forum.

Regarding ANHC steering is very responsive. i have found taking U turns or changing lanes is "very controlled" by the driver. The grip, looks and feel of the wheel itself is excellent. Coupled with light clutch, smooth gear box, un-blocking (= no blind spot) view makes an excellent drive

Quote:
3. Read a few -ves about Verna's ride and handling and its 'corner sulking' qualities. Again, pls. throw some light on these too by comparing with that of ANHC.
First of all both cars are not racing cars, also i believe we are not race drivers. hence i find this so called perception of "corner sulking" is purely a mental thing

What common people like me needs is a car we drive at 80-110 KMPH max most of the time on highways. In cities the avg speed is hardly 25-30 KMPH most of the time. We won't earn few thousands of USD in those few seconds (if lost) anyway.

so i find any car put in the market by the OEMS good enough. If you have highspeed RACING /cornering in mind, then none of these cars are meant for that purpose.

Quote:
4. How 'mod friendly' are these two cars? By mod, i mean if I want to upgrade the size of the rubber (to 185 or 195 profile ones), or want to upgrade the headlamps to a higher wattage etc. will these have any impact on the warranties? I heard from my colleague that Honda does not recommend upgrade of stock tyres to the ANHC and he would have to risk losing warranty if he chose to do so. Is it true and whether similar thing exists for Hyundai as well?
First of all, i do think stock tyres or the lights in ANHC is good enough for city drives. if you are going only once or twice on highways, that should not be the reason to modify. Most of us crib that the drivers from the front drive with very high beams on, but we also try to do the same.

Yes, on paper if you change anything in a car, any OEM can reject your warantee claims. But in my view with good relationship with the dealer and servcie station one can get good flexibility.

I am not aware about warantee policy of Verna

Quote:
5. What are the most striking 'problem areas' in each of these two cars? In ANHC, it may be low ground clearance and in Verna it may be the absence of Airbags. (I still can't fathom how Hyundai guys can omit such a basic safety feature esp. in a stonking diesel car. To make matters worse, even the i10s and i20s come with multiple airbags!!). So apart from these, what are the other 'problem areas' or 'showstoppers' in each of
these cars?
I do not think other than 160 mm GC, ANHC has any functional issues w.r.t Indian market is concerned. If you are looking for a tank like build then ANHC is not like that and it could be a potential issue, In other words ANHC is not like Sunny Deol, but it is like Amir Khan (not the Gajani one, but the one from Dil Chahata hai)

Quote:
6. Ok lastly, though factors like running costs, safety, driving thrills, engine power, comfort etc. are important for any car buyer, at the end of the day, it is the peace of mind of having made the most 'optimal' decision (without any feeling of regret) is all that matters. I understand that there aren't any 'perfect' decisions in life nor 'perfect' cars . So, given this, I want to know what's your final word on this debate between ANHC vs Verna CRDI.
I suggest you read the ownership thread in the forum to understand the details about every car. There are enough threads on ANHC, Verna, Linea, Innova, Fiesta etc. They would give you enough facts to make an informed decision.

My final sentence is simple , check on which car have spent my money

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th December 2009 at 20:46.
Old 25th December 2009, 01:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, have you noticed lately where the B'lore corporation authorities are replacing narrow/nasty humps with the wide and long ones (with concrete slabs at the top) i guess ANHC won't have problems gliding over them right?
No problems with these humps. In fact I realise that ANHC has problem only with the mountainous variety.

2.Though insignificant as it may seem, I wanted to know whether this is true and whether ANHC has any such problems?
I had experienced this type of pulling in NHC (where you are forced to hold the steering tight while going in straightline) but not in ANHC. But I have felt that EPS in ANHC results in inconsistant assistance (sometimes it feels heavier then it should be, but get light suddenly as you turn).

ANHC steering does feel somewhat vague at higher speeds and it does understeer.

My feedback in bold to some of the points.
Please remember to check the paddle shifts on ANHC AT when you test drive. I think it is an extremely 'nice to have feature' on an AT

Last edited by Guna : 25th December 2009 at 01:01.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:08   #25
BHPian

Sathya,

My driving is about the same as yours. couple of kms less per day. My visit to clients in neighbouring state of tamilnadu are a joy in ANHC. I finished a 1200 kms drive to madurai and few other places in my ANHC. I enjoyed it the max. She is joy to work with while crusing at 120kmph.

My observations are as below

Verna.

1) Amazing pick up. You feel as if you will take off anytime.The only +VE i saw in this car.
2) Dated looks.
3) Lousy after sales service.
4) A.S.S not very reliable.
5) Expensive maintenance.
6) The steering will develop an issue after sometime. Keeps pulling you the left.
7) Repeated visits to A.S.S
8) Weak headlights.
9) Economy not so high to boast.
10) Unstable at high speeds. Sways !
11) a/c is fine.
12) Korean make.

Honda.

1) Futuristic looks.
2) Great Economy.
3) Refinement.
4) Good interiors.Suffices my requirement though.
5) AC is enough for me being in Bangalore.
6) You are welcome to check out my car which was bought in june. Not a single scrap till now.
7) Has sold 50k and more, and the numbers are growing everyday.
8) Proven reliability.
9) Finest engine one can get.
10) Japanese perfection and make.
11) Lowest maintenance.
12) Very smooth driving being Honda and petrol.
13) Lights were not enough for me. I have upgraded it. It costs about 1.2k
14) Has Airbags.

Innovas are too many on the road.Innovas are more as taxis too.

I would sincerely suggest you go for Honda if you want to have peace of mind and concentrate on your work more effectively.

Honda's GC is not a great cause of worry. It is being magnified for what reason i fail to understand.

Just go for it.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 26th December 2009 at 21:20.
Old 27th December 2009, 01:03   #26
BHPian

Thank you Star, Guna and Nandan. Really appreciate your feedback.

@Nandan, sou you'd say that ANHC's Ground clearance is not a big problem to worry about, esp. on B'lore roads? How much mileage are you getting currently? I would love to meet up and inspect your car... esp. the underbelly.

And, was a bit surprised when you said the A.S.S of Verna is lousy. I thought it was Hyundai's trumpcard.
Old 27th December 2009, 08:20   #27
BHPian

hey sathya,

I have an S MT. Not an automatic. I did'nt buy Automatic for my own reasons , 1) Economy is low 2) frequent load on the brakes demands a replacement soon, 3) Automatic transmission demands a constant watch, 4) i personally dont enjoy cars without the stick in my hand, since i love the braking using the engine.

Economy? i get something between 12 & 13 with the A/C ON in the city. During my recent tour to Madurai, it averaged about 16.5. I took the car for a real drive this tour, so the average is little low. Maybe it would given better, if i had not belted it.

during one of my highway drive , the realtime economy was reading an amazing 23kmpl. I have posted this picture in the other thread (Whats your actual economy- not sure if the subject name is correct). just check.

you are most welcome to have a look !

I said that about Hyundai, since my childhood friend has a verna bought 2 years back. He bought it with lots of love to the car. From the day he gave it for the 1st service, he dreads going to the service centres. he has many bad incidents of the service centres. so i did afford to say that about the service centres.

You may also go through few of our guy's experiences in the forum about the Hyundai service centres.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 27th December 2009 at 08:36.
Old 27th December 2009, 12:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
My observations are as below

Verna.

1) Amazing pick up. You feel as if you will take off anytime.The only +VE i saw in this car. ( It's got great Torque & BHP after all )

2) Dated looks. ( looks are subjective - It does not look bad, Its got a muscular and a nice built - the new grille looks so much better )

3) Lousy after sales service. ( Now, That is news to me !! )

4) A.S.S not very reliable. ( How did you come to this conclusion ? )

5) Expensive maintenance. ( Zero mantainance I would say and I mean Zero ! Except the service costs which is not high at all )

6) The steering will develop an issue after sometime. Keeps pulling you the left. ( It used to be there BUT most of the new Verna's come without this problem - I have checked this with Hyundai Officials ! ) A very close friend owns the dealerships in Gurgaon & Agra.

7) Repeated visits to A.S.S ( I do not think so and again why did you come to this conclusion ? )

8) Weak headlights ( Not a big issue, I have not upgraded, and have constantly driven on roads at midnight without any issues ) You need Sunlight at midnight - then you got to upgrade be it any car

9) Economy not so high to boast. ( I get between 15 - 20 kpl in Agra & Delhi - Traffic is pathetic here - and its a 110 BHP Diesel Sedan Car - What do you expect ? 25 kpl ?

10) Unstable at high speeds. Sways ! ( If one upgrades the tires to 185 or 195 it's going to be one stonker of a ride - By the way I do permissable speeds of 100 - 120 normally on the NH2 and I have never had SWAYING problems !

11) a/c is fine. ( It's actually Chilling to be precise - Hyundai's have had undoubtedly the best air conditioning in their cars - many people will vouch for it )

12) Korean make. ( That's hardly an issue anymore - used to be back in 2000 - You know Hyundai as a company is one of the most respected Automobile companie in the world )
My points in BOLD above.

I have owned my Verna Diesel for more than 18 months and driven it for more than 25000 km's which I think is enough for me to debate about the car's pro's & con's.

The one big negative point about the Verna is that the company sadly does not offer AIRBAGS as even an option. And if one can keep this point aside - the car is Perfect to the T.

Now, I also agree that the New Honda City is a fantastic car and has got a lot of positives ( maybe even more than the verna ). It sells more and has a better brand image in India. Please do not forget 2 things which go strongly against a Honda - their cars are overpriced and they Sadly do NOT make diesels.

The Verna is a very good car and a lot of people here on the forum would vouch for it.

I am just trying to make a healthy debate

Regards

Last edited by vkochar : 27th December 2009 at 12:19.
Old 27th December 2009, 16:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Many thanks in advance.

Having owned an ANHC for the last year or so, let me put in my few bits..

The absence of ACC in ANHC is something that HONDA should make amends at the earliest - atleast in the top model.

The AC in ANHC is nothing to rave about, especially in the hot and humid conditions of Bombay. The rear-seat passengers get a bit uncomfy sometimes in the early portion of long drives on a hot day, but with the passage of time and when the AC settles down, its an excellent experience.

But Bangalore might be a totally different story as it is not so hot / humid and the sheer No of city owners in Blore will vouch for the AC efficiency of ANHC in your city.

The under-par performance of AC in my car might also be bcoz it belonged to the first lot of 2008 ANHCs.

As far as Speedbreakers go, it really doesnt matter till your drive is on decent roads. Iam yet to SCRAPE one that would hurt me !!!

And as you said, NO CAR IS PERFECT.
If you are willing to ignore the few extra bucks that HONDA charges (due to the excellent track record of ANHC), between VERNA and ANHC, ANHC is as close as it gets to perfection.

Go or the latest 'V' variant.
Old 27th December 2009, 17:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have owned my Verna Diesel for more than 18 months
I drive verna quite often since my sister & a close friend owns one each. i know this car too well. And the feedback i have got for 24 months and more from a close friend is good enough to discuss.

Quote:
The one big negative point about the Verna is that the company sadly does not offer AIRBAGS as even an option
Good that you too agree that such a powerful car is left handicapped due to this.

Quote:
Now, I also agree that the New Honda City is a fantastic car and has got a lot of positives ( maybe even more than the verna ). It sells more and has a better brand image in India
You having said this, the discussion is over. nothing more to discuss or debate.

Quote:
Please do not forget 2 things which go strongly against a Honda - their cars are overpriced and they Sadly do NOT make diesels.
the growing nos does indicate that people on the whole, think that its not so about the price. Why they dont make diesels and rather still on the drawing board is upto to Honda to answer.

Quote:
The Verna is a very good car and a lot of people here on the forum would vouch for it.
I would definitely agree with this. Where have i said its not. The discussion is vis-a-vis Verna & Anhc, so ANHC does fair better.

Quote:
I am just trying to make a healthy debate
Same here too. Those are my views, like wise you have voiced yours. so let it be.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 27th December 2009 at 17:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks