Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 09:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Guna it is Triptronic, and what i found (stated earlier) is the low/slow response time when changing gears using paddle shift i.e blank spots/nothing happens for a few mili seconds between your finger paddle shifting and the gears actually shifting a characteristic very very important in trips (an integral part of having paddle othwerwise you might as well move the shift lever mannually as done in conventional auto's) which 99.9 percent manufacturers offering have got it right baring ANHC. In ANHC you make faster shifts by mannually moving the selector lever which questions the reason for a paddle shift - therefore more known as a gizmo feel good - drive some german (MB/Beemer etc paddle shift you will get what I am saying)
Of course, Beemers and Skodas would have much better AT/Paddleshifts/tripronics. But I was happy to see what Honda has offered in this price segment.
I am little confused about what you wrote about majority-conventional autos. Most of them won't have provisions to shift the gear manually.
ANHC also doen't not have provision to change gear by moving the selector.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:57   #77
Senior - BHPian

Ofcourse they do all conventional auto's have the following P, R,N, D, 1,2,3 --123 being slots you can manually move to overide auto and shift faster
Old 4th January 2010, 16:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Ofcourse they do all conventional auto's have the following P, R,N, D, 1,2,3 --123 being slots you can manually move to overide auto and shift faster
@canonball
Purpose of 1,2,3 (D1, D2 etc in some cars) is different then the paddleshift on ANHC (or Civic)
When you slot the lever D3, it restrics the gear changes to first 3 gears. It is not the same as slotting a manual stick to 3rd gear (same thing with D1, D2). But you can do the equivalent of this in ANHC using paddleshifts.
ANHC has a 'S' mode where it restricts the gear chnages within first 4 gears.
D1, D2... positions are present to tackle differnt situatins like steep inclines and are not meant to be used on a regular basis in a normal driving situations. Using paddles on ANHC/Civic or triptronics on some cars is different from this.
PS:Sorry for going OT. May be we should discuss this in another thread

Last edited by Guna : 4th January 2010 at 16:33.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:35   #79
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2010 at 15:35.
nandans2005 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks