Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 14:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

@Gaurav

The dealer is telling me that prices for all Mitsu vehicles are going up from Jan by minimum of 10K.

Could you confirm the standard warranty from your dealer. Mine is confused between 1 year 20000 kms(sales executive) or 2 years 400000 Kms.(sales manager)

The new lancer as and when it comes in will not be priced in Cedia territory and I am trying to get the car home within 10L with at least a three year warranty cover if not four.

How much do the smoked headlamp cluster cost? I feel I will have to change the tail lamps too as they are also the clear type.

@ Nandans2005 9.9L ex showroom
Old 26th December 2009, 15:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

That is one Hot looking Cedia !!

Since you are getting almost 50k savings - I'd say see if you can push him for another 10 - 15k. I'd say it will be an extremely good deal then
Old 26th December 2009, 15:36   #18
BHPian

Hi Khoj,
Whats the reading on the odo? this car is used for testing purpose (as you can see the white vinyl on bonnet).

Even i got a quote from one the ex-employee of HM but it was not 9.9L

Let me check with again and will update you.

Cheers,
L&S.

PS:
Just now spoke to that guy and the vehicles which are used for testing purpose will also has vinyl itseems and sorry for misunderstanding!

Last edited by lancer&shogun : 26th December 2009 at 15:44. Reason: Correction
Old 26th December 2009, 16:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Hi Khoj,
Whats the reading on the odo? this car is used for testing purpose (as you can see the white vinyl on bonnet).

Even i got a quote from one the ex-employee of HM but it was not 9.9L

Let me check with again and will update you.

Cheers,
L&S.

PS:
Just now spoke to that guy and the vehicles which are used for testing purpose will also has vinyl itseems and sorry for misunderstanding!
lancer&shogun

Thanks you almost gave me a shock but I sincerely appreciate your intent.

If you have a friend on the inside can you please have him verify the following 1. manufacturing date
2. Reading on the odo
3. Tires on the car
4. Absence of the rally art stickering on the car(that is how I want it)

I am told there is only one in this colour at the factory and so he should be able to locate it easy and i have been told that this car is Sept 09 manufactured equipped with Potenza GIII as OE! and that the rally art stickering is put on depending on the customer's decision(I am sceptical and feel that this is an old photo and they will remove the stickering once the car comes in at dealership). I would rather do it on my own rather than have someone at the dealers end leave scratches so this request for the cars present condition.

Eagerly looking forward to your feedback.
Old 26th December 2009, 16:59   #20
BHPian

Hi khoj, My answers are in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks you almost gave me a shock
Sorry didn't realise its a new vehicle

1. manufacturing date - It will not be a problem since Cedia is not that much fast moving vehicle so it may be 2 or 3 months old
2. Reading on the odo - Hardly it should have on and around 30KMs
3. Tires on the car - He confirmed me that it will be Bridgestone Potenza
4. Absence of the rally art stickering on the car(that is how I want it) - You can't remove the stickers because there will be clear coat on top of the stickers. Don't even try it!

(I am sceptical and feel that this is an old photo and they will remove the stickering once the car comes in at dealership). I would rather do it on my own rather than have someone at the dealers end leave scratches so this request for the cars present condition.

It's not possible khoj, after the sticker the vehicle will undergo "clear" coat so its good if you ask the dealer well in advance.

Eagerly looking forward to your feedback.
Spoke to him now and he's travelling. He will be back by tomorrow evening. I just now sent you a PM!

If you need any help please let me know.

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

please find my replies in bold

Quote:
@Gaurav

The dealer is telling me that prices for all Mitsu vehicles are going up from Jan by minimum of 10K.

The dealer in delhi have no updates on the same, He said "Sir, year end hai, sales cover up karne ke liye sab bolte hain, company ne to stock clear karna hai." It looks to me like a sales gimmik.

Could you confirm the standard warranty from your dealer. Mine is confused between 1 year 20000 kms(sales executive) or 2 years 400000 Kms.(sales manager)

The car comes with a 2 year/ 40,000 km warrenty. Further, the warrenty can be extended for 1 year/20,000 kms. In total, 3 yrs/60,000km warrenty. The extended warrenty at the time of buying the car costs Rs.6500. However, one year warrenty can be exteded anytime before the initial 2 year warrenty finishes. This will then cost Rs. 7500.

I recently got my warrenty extended for third year in October 2009 and it costed me Rs.7500. The warrenty can only be extended for 1 year/20k kms.

How much do the smoked headlamp cluster cost? I feel I will have to change the tail lamps too as they are also the clear type.

there have been debates earlier on the prices of the headlight. A few BHPians reported that each headlight cost around 5k. However, the dealer in delhi, Asian motors gave me a figure of 16k for each headlight. Please note that its just the head light prices that differ, rest all part prices were same. I am still confused as to why this huge difference in the price of headlights.

May be you can confirm this from HM sales manager.

Rest, the clear tail lamps look far better than the normal red lamps. I would suggest you not to change the tail lamps.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th December 2009 at 17:29.
Old 27th December 2009, 00:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ gaurav_chopra04
It is the HM sales consultant that is talking of the price rise and not the dearer's sales person. Sorry about that.

Surprisingly I have not interacted with the car dealers persons at all, since I sent in my intent online 3 days back, it is the HM guys who gave the test drive and have been instrumental in taking this forward, maybe things are changing at HM for the better.

The car comes with the built in navigation system, momo steering, OZ alloys and Potenza 15" tubeless radials. The money deal stands at 35K with 1 year extended wty + insurance @ 24.5 K less 10% + floor & boot mats + car cover and they are refusing to budge as of now.

On the headlights I think that might not happen so I will let it be and upgrade to Xenons at a later date.

Our team mate lancer & shogun has been kind enough to extend his support in verifying the cars presence and its A1 condition at the factory. I think I have a good deal here and should close it and enjoy the car ASAP. What say!

Last edited by khoj : 27th December 2009 at 00:35.
Old 28th December 2009, 14:01   #23
BHPian

Press for more discounts mate; the 30K discount quoted now is very normal. Push for more discounts or wait until March 2010; that way you will get a 2010 vehicle.
Even better would be to hunt for used Cedia. a two year old one could be yours for half the price. The Car depreciates like nobody's business.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:19   #24
BHPian

First of all, thank you for the pic of the blue streak car... i decided not to go for this color only based on their brochures, but the pic you have attached is awesome... thats one cool ride ! good luck on your choice.. grt decision

Quote:
that the rally art stickering is put on depending on the customer's decision(I am sceptical and feel that this is an old photo and they will remove the stickering once the car comes in at dealership). I would rather do it on my own rather than have someone at the dealers end leave scratches so this request for the cars present condition.
i recently bought a Cedia Spirit and even in my case, it was not the dealer that took the sales initiative, it was directly handled by Mitsu Chennai and their territory manager sitting in Pune... when i asked for a TD they did not have a car here and still they went to the extent of bringing one all the way from Chennai... it was a black Cedia Sports and that car also had the stickering like the one in your pic... the rest of the ralliart stickers were kept in the boot - i hear that offlately thats how the car is being shipped, if the customer doesnt want the rest of the stickering to be stuck, you just need to mention at the time of booking !

Quote:

The new lancer as and when it comes in will not be priced in Cedia territory and I am trying to get the car home within 10L with at least a three year warranty cover if not four.

Standard warranty is 2 years, with the extended warranty it will be 3 years or 60k kms. When i was making the decision (November first week), I was offered a discount of 30k + extended warranty + sundry accessories such as mats and perfume for the Cedia Sports, On the Cedia Spirit, I got an additional 20k discount. Regarding insurance, the initial quote was around 30k by the Mitsu dealer, but when i got a direct quote of 20k from Royal sundaram, they just accepted to match the same... so, you may want to try a bit more over there.

The smoked headlamps are much cheaper than the current Fish halogen lamps that you get with the deal, I have been on a couple of high way drives in late hours in the last few weeks and beleive me, these lamps are totally worth retaining... you can deal even with the buses and trucks with these awesome lamps...
Old 28th December 2009, 20:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
First of all, thank you for the pic of the blue streak car... i decided not to go for this color only based on their brochures, but the pic you have attached is awesome... thats one cool ride ! good luck on your choice.. grt decision

The smoked headlamps are much cheaper than the current Fish halogen lamps that you get with the deal, I have been on a couple of high way drives in late hours in the last few weeks and beleive me, these lamps are totally worth retaining... you can deal even with the buses and trucks with these awesome lamps...
Thanks kartho and congratulations on your Cedia too. What colour is it? some snaps if possible and maybe we will meet at Tony's dhaba in case you are attending the meet on Jan 16/17th.

I appreciate your inputs on the headlights and am retaining the same.

Guys, I finalized the deal and will be getting the delivery on the 4th of Jan. The deal is
Ex Showroom 9.9L less 35K
Insurance @ 22.5K from the dealer
One year extended warranty worth 6.5K
Accessories: Floor & boot mat, body cover, mesh grill or mud flaps. Total worth? anyone!
Ear to Ear grin on my face PRICELESS
For everything else : There is the PDI (fingers crossed)

Thank you all of you for your inputs and a special thanks to you 'lancer&shogun' for your valued support sincerely appreciate it.

Last edited by khoj : 28th December 2009 at 20:33.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:24   #26
BHPian

@khoj

Congratulations on your new car ! Would love to see your car in person, hopefully at the meet... but where can i find the details of the meet ?

My car is Ashton grey, have a few pics and my initial ownership report (after 1000 kms service) in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

Your deal seems very good to me, over here, the final deal for the sports was around 11.05 including Octroi, regn & insurance... so your grin is totally justified... its a kill for a VFM ride... enjoy !
Old 29th December 2009, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I finalized the deal and will be getting the delivery on the 4th of Jan.
Congradulation Khoj and i'm sure you going to love that cedia!

Quote:
Thank you all of you for your inputs and a special thanks to you 'lancer&shogun' for your valued support sincerely appreciate it
No thanks and all man, give me treat!!!

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys,

BTW what do you guys think the chances of the New Lancer being launched by mid 2010.
I think that mid 2010 is a reasonable timeframe. I have heard rumours of Mar/April - expectations of the Raima staff in Hyd. Add another 3-4 months for cushion and mid 2010 seems realistic.

Also, after reading all the people quoting 50k discount, I feel miserable. I did some prelim bargaining and just got 15-20k discount I think. I paid ~ 10.8 on road.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:10   #29
BHPian

@kcnetid

if it makes you feel any better... after all the discounts, the on-road price is Pune for Cedia sports is still 20 - 25k more than the price you got in HYD. So, yours is still a much better deal

Also, the 50k discount i got was on the Spirit which doesnt have the goodies like MOMO steering, oz wheels, spoilers and SATNAV... so, its not a bad deal after all and i am waiting to hear about your highway drive last weekend... do share your experience
Old 29th December 2009, 13:21   #30
BHPian

Awesome decision mate; thats one hell of a ride you have there and a pretty good deal too...Only hope you have enough oppurtunities and make optimum use of the cars capabilities. Drive safe; Drive happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks