Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 10:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

First of all, Congratulations for the car once again. I am still awaiting snaps, the colour looks wicked.

Regarding the patch, if the patch is deep in paint (i.e. it occurred when the car was being painted at the factory), no matter what ever they do, the patch won’t go. They will have to repaint the bonnet. However, if the patch occurred with something falling on the bonnet, some chemical or something, I believe it should go with buffing (99.9%). If the patch goes, it will go for good and I don’t expect it should come back. If the patch doesn’t go, you will know it today and the bonnet will have to painted, which I believe should take one or two more days.

When I got my car serviced last time, some chemical got spill over my front bumper, and the cleaner was having hard time to remove it. It was the same kind of yellow spot as you are describing. I asked them to do some buffing on the bumper and it went away.

In between, a friend of mine was looking for a used Cedia and we have found a blue one. We are just hoping that the colour is same as it is in pictures shown here. We are to see the car on Saturday, lets see.

Thanx for the initial factory snaps.
thanx to Pervez as well for the snaps.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:48   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Kartho thanks man, enjoy the snaps by prince_parvez for the time being. It is exactly the same colour. Regarding my car I arrived at the dealer ship at 11.00 with payment in hand and the car was sent for pdi. I was advised to collect the vehicle at 3.00 at which time I would be provided with a Temp no and final payments could be made. I returned to office and around 3 called up to find the status & was advised to come around 0530pm. Left office at 5 pm and on the way was advised that the vehicle was still at the service center. Went directly to the service center to find a gleaming beauty. However as they say beauty can be skin deep and that was the case here literally. Bang in the middle of the bonnet is an dirty yellow colour oval patch that is around 3" in dia. The w/s guys had been trying to unsuccessfully get rid of the same. In addition the R/H side skirting was loose beneath the front door.

Met the service manager and he said that since he was not in the shop the entire day the job was not done properly and has asked for time until 2pm tomorrow to fix it up. He is willing to give a written assurance that if the patch reappears within an year the bonnet will be replaced. The thing is I am going to keep the car for definitely more than an year. So if the patch reappears after two years then what? I will go back tomorrow afternoon and see the end results of the service center's efforts. Will update accordingy.
Hey.. sorry to hear about the patch and delayed delivery, I am sure they would fix it asap and deliver the car with all shines and sparkles ! If they are able to fix the stain, one year assurance is more than reasonable - for all practical purposes, one year means the car will see through all weather conditions and that should be more than good enough. I personally think, if it gets fixed, it cant recur again just like that !

I did see the pictures posted by parvez and i personally thought the Cedia looked better than the Evo in this colour, its really awesome ! Old Cedias had a different blue, more like a navy blue in the OHCs, thats a totally different shade, yours is truly sporty ! Your surely gonna turn some heads around !

All the best !
Old 13th January 2010, 16:24   #63
BHPian

Hi Buddy,

Mitsubishi Cedia is a good car. Congrats man! Now a days you get spray cans specially mixed paints for the new cars. You may get one.

Please do post the picture of your car.

With best regards,
Yogesh
Old 5th February 2010, 18:10   #64
BHPian

Khoj, just to share some info, I got some insider news: Cedia Sports prices will be revised shortly by 20-30K (more), Cedia is supposedly doing well in Sports trim. There will be a cheaper Cedia too with stripped down feature. So ensure that the car is billed to you before the price hike.
Old 6th February 2010, 11:53   #65
~~h
BHPian

Decode Vin

Hi Khoj,I presume you must have got the car by now...

Decoding of Mitsu VIN is discussed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...an-cars-8.html

Old 6th February 2010, 14:18   #66
BHPian

Khoj, Congrats on the car. I never knew the cedia sports was available in blue streak. How about posting some pics?
Old 6th February 2010, 19:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, I wonder if Khoj took delivery eventually? Its been almost a month & he's been posting on other threads but not on this one......what gives?
Old 13th February 2010, 17:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

@Kartho, lancer&shogun, PBR2, rishi_kapoor, gaurav_chopra04, yogeshnaik, prateekm, ~~h, rg_chn, cedizen, prince_pervez, akas-chauhan, nairanupg, AirWind, theexperthand(along with Jeeves), deepanonline, kcnetid, rajatauras, suman and other Cedia lovers on the thread (visible or otherwise).

Guys, first of all sincere apologies from my side for being absolutely silent on this thread. I was in a patchy situation quite literally and did not want to post untill I had something concrete to report. I had refused delivery of the blue streak after having been advised that the only solution was to repaint the bonnet. Post this the dealer and HM went into a huddle and came back to me earlier this week after having taken care of the patch with help from Kansai Ltd the company that supplies all the paint to Mitsubishi/HM. As of now I have been advised that the car in all its glory is the center of attraction in the dealers show room awaiting new buyers. I am in touch with the HM sales team and hopefully will have further developments to share with you sooner than later.

I do regret not having been able to drive out on the roads in that beauty of a car and more so to have put paid to the enthusiasm with which you guys were awaiting the snaps etc. So to try and make up for having left you guys hanging, I will treat you to the the first views of the recently launched Cedia Sports basic in two new colours. This is being discussed elsewhere too but I decided it would be best to post this first on a thread full of Ceduced team members.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cedia sports basic.pdf (415.8 KB, 493 views)

Last edited by khoj : 13th February 2010 at 17:26.
Old 14th February 2010, 02:39   #69
BHPian

Hello khoj..Thanks for for the update.Sad to hear about the delay in the delivery of your Cedia. These guys shoudl ideally arrange for a different Car from the factory rather than painting this one.

Regarding the pdf you uploaded displaying New colors for Cedia Spirit..didn't find those colors impressive though but good to know. I thought Cedia Spirit was getting discontinued

Quote:
@Kartho, lancer&shogun, PBR2, rishi_kapoor, gaurav_chopra04, yogeshnaik, prateekm, ~~h, rg_chn, cedizen, prince_pervez, akas-chauhan, nairanupg, AirWind, theexperthand(along with Jeeves), deepanonline, kcnetid, rajatauras, suman and other Cedia lovers on the thread (visible or otherwise).

Guys, first of all sincere apologies from my side for being absolutely silent on this thread. I was in a patchy situation quite literally and did not want to post untill I had something concrete to report. I had refused delivery of the blue streak after having been advised that the only solution was to repaint the bonnet. Post this the dealer and HM went into a huddle and came back to me earlier this week after having taken care of the patch with help from Kansai Ltd the company that supplies all the paint to Mitsubishi/HM. As of now I have been advised that the car in all its glory is the center of attraction in the dealers show room awaiting new buyers. I am in touch with the HM sales team and hopefully will have further developments to share with you sooner than later.

I do regret not having been able to drive out on the roads in that beauty of a car and more so to have put paid to the enthusiasm with which you guys were awaiting the snaps etc. So to try and make up for having left you guys hanging, I will treat you to the the first views of the recently launched Cedia Sports basic in two new colours. This is being discussed elsewhere too but I decided it would be best to post this first on a thread full of Ceduced team members.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:14   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Hey man... nice to hear from you... so sorry about the delivery trouble you faced with your blue streak, honestly i would say, why dont u make it work for your benefit... why not consider the Deep purple if you are not sure of taking the blue streak ? I just loved the deep purple and thinking how i wish this color option was there a couple of months ago ! This option seems to be better than the Spirit especially if it has the fog lamps and SatNav... let me start digging more about the launch... i can never get enough of the Cedia, just love to be updated on this machine !
Old 17th February 2010, 12:29   #71
BHPian

Sad to hear your story. The purple looks cool, it does sell in Civic and Fiesta, why not on a Cedia?
Old 29th March 2010, 03:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

Blue Streak is headed home

Hi Guys,

After the interim status post in mid February, I am happy to let you know that the Blue Streak is on the final lap heading home.

I must thank fellow member and big time Mitsu lover and all around auto enthusiast Rishi Kapoor but for whose initiative I would not have gotten the deal that I have now and the BS would have remained a distant dream. I must also thank my friend Bunny (Inderpreet) who has made the deal even sweeter and he will be bringing the Blue streak home later this afternoon.

I will upload a detailed post later today but for now I will leave you with this snap taken by Bunny earlier on Saturday at the showroom after the deal was done.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Streak Cedia Sports-blue-streak.jpg  

Last edited by khoj : 29th March 2010 at 03:50.
Old 29th March 2010, 04:09   #73
BHPian

Hey, congrats for the car. Looks stunning in blue. The color hardly matters though, what matters is the amazing thing under the hood
Old 29th March 2010, 09:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 to that. That Amazing thing under the hood would make you addicted.
Be Ceduced Mate... Congratulations.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

hey Khoj, Congratz on the BS - the car looks stunning
now, treat us soon with some on the road pics and first drive impression

Most Viewed