Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 12:13   #76
BHPian

Congrats matey ! glad to hear that finally you are getting your hands on the long awaited BS

Nice pic and hope there will be more elaborate ones and a matching ownership report: i am sure you have one heck of a story to tell on the delivery and the 'sweet' part of the deal.

Time to enjoy your ride
Old 29th March 2010, 12:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Khoj, good to hear that you're finally getting the delivery today.

I will look forward to the initial ownership report ofcourse with some nice Pictures.

I have never seen a streak blue cedia, just imagining how good it will look with black tints and smoked headlamps!

take care and drive safe.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all of you,

Few moments ago, I got a call from the HM sales executive asking what time I would like to come in for picking up the vehicle. Told him I am sitting in Bombay and the poor guy almost had a heart attack. Explained to him that Bunny has been dealing with the Excel people regarding paper work and could almost hear a big sigh of relief at the other end.

Delivery is scheduled for 3pm.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Did someone say smoked eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Streak Cedia Sports-devil-woman-evil-her-eyes-1654.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 01:44   #80
BHPian

That's one hell of a teaser. Congrats Khoj!! can we have more pics, and expect a detailed review?
Old 30th March 2010, 14:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

Ooo that's a beautiful color. So you finally got the car. Congrats! We want more pics obviously. This color on the Cedia is so rare that I have never spotted one on the road till now.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Ooo that's a beautiful color. So you finally got the car. Congrats! We want more pics obviously. This color on the Cedia is so rare that I have never spotted one on the road till now.
The Cedia itself is soo rare that its difficult to spot one on road, Blue is like the rarest of rare. Even I haven't seen a blue personally. Anyways, I was wondering if you will get the car with smoked eyes or not.. she definitely looks good.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th March 2010 at 15:01.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:11   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulation on your new acquisition. Thats one hell of a color ( personally blue is my favorite color) on a Cedia sport.

As many said, never seen a blue cedia on road till date. Do they come with those stickers on the doors?

Look forward to lots of pictures of exterior and interiors soon
Old 31st March 2010, 00:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hello again all of you Ceduced teamsters. Finally the Blue Streak has come home. As you know in January I was advised that the yellow patch would go away only by repainting the bonnet. At that time I informed the HM guys that I would not pick up the car in that scenario. Following this I came back to Bombay. I was hopeful that they would be able to resolve the issue without resorting to repainting and waited for a response from them but none was forthcoming. Days turned into week and week into fortnight but no word from HM. All this while my booking advance was with Excel and I thought as and when I go back to Delhi in April, I will reorder a fresh vehicle. So I had nothing to post on the forum and thereby the long silence.

Then in the second week of February, the HM sales executive called me up and informed me that the patch had been taken care of and that too without repainting. They wanted me to come back to Delhi and take a re look and even offered an additional discount on the vehicle. Honestly by now I was sceptical and in any which way could not go back to Delhi on a whim and fancy. I advised them that I would be back only in April and if they still had the car with them at that time I would definitely reconsider the same or otherwise reorder a fresh vehicle. The HM guys were OK with my response and in fact sent me a mailer with an attachment showing the then launched sports basic models. This is the attachment which I shared with you in my post of 13th February.

After the phone call, for a couple of days I wondered if they were taking me for a ride and had indeed replaced the bonnet with a new one repainted at the factory itself, maybe that is why they were silent all this while. There were a Zillion ifs and buts and hows in my mind and I was Maha Sceptical.

Then the next week on 17th Febraury to be precise, I saw a PM alert from a team member who was also following this thread and had put in a couple of posts. the PM was from Rishi Kapoor and upon opening it I found his cell no and a message asking to call back regarding 'your Cedia'.. 'YOUR CEDIA' the whole day I toyed with the number as the two words reverberated in my heart and in my mind.

That evening I called up Rishi and it was my pleasure to get to know a genuine human being who went out of his way to help me in bringing the Blue Streak home. Rishi was at Excel regarding an Outlander (which he purchased earlier this month). The showroom guys had placed my car bang in the middle of the showroom in all its glory and since Rishi had been following the thread he recognized the vehicle. He inquired about the same with the Excel guys then spoke to the Sales Head of Mitsubishi for North India and brought himself up to speed on the whole situation. He then sent me the PM next morning. Rishi is held in high regards both at Excel and at HM-Mitsu and once I spoke with him I realized that while for a minute the sales guys may fib around with me(as a one time customer) they would never do that with him. He is personally known to the senior management at HM Mitsu as he himself is a high ranked professional on the board of a large corporation. Besides that he is a repeat valued customer at Excel and a regular at the various events organized by HM. This realization gave me a whole lot of confidence in the statement that the HM guys gave me a week earlier. Rishi then put me in touch with the regional head of HM and the gentleman reconfirmed that they had called in the experts from Kansai(paint supplier) as well as 3M(Top coat supplier). The problem was with the top coat and not with the paint and that the 3M guys had been able to take care of the same resolving the entire issue. Besides this he assured me that if the problem were to comeback or in case the paint at that particular spot were to go bad/ crack up or have any problems they would repaint the entire bonnet free of cost during the warranty period of the car. Then came the commercial part and thanks to Rishi's recommendations the manufacturer and the dealer worked together to arrive at an enhanced discount figure which I am not at a liberty to disclose at this point and all that was left was for me to go down to the showroom to take a final look at the car. This was again going to take some time, untill April at least. This problem too was resolved when Rishi went back to the showroom(I cannot thank him enough) for some work on his vehicle and spoke to me from there itself. He confirmed that the bonnet was spotless and free of any blemishes. That was good enough for me and I decided there itself to make arrangements for the final payment. Since I was (and still am) in Bombay I asked my friend Bunny to take over and help get the paperwork completed.

Now Bunny is a pure Delhi born & raised Sardar standing six foot something this man with a baby's face can charm others into doing his bidding and sure as hell he worked his magic at the Excel dealership too. You can see his handiwork in the photos that follow. Actually what happened was that he had his 6 year old son 'Gunek' with him when he went to the showroom on 27th to discuss the final paperwork. Now the little Sardar true to his genes pointed towards an older white Cedia standing in a corner and proclaimed "Is Gaadi ki shakal hamari wali se achhi hai!" that was it. How could a true blue Delhi Sardar take home something which was less in any which way than the other car and the results are there for all to see. So thanks to Gunek the Blue Streak sports the smoked head lamps and also the original sports honey comb mesh grill which HM stopped offering sometimes in 2008/early2009. Kartho this is the sweet(est) bit.

On the 29th Bunny along with my Father drove down to the showroom, handed over the balance payment and brought the Blue Streak home. I will be going to Delhi sometimes in the week starting the 5th of April, so I have to wait for a few more days before I can lay my hands on that momo steering. Posted below are some snaps that Bunny took on his cell cam when Dad and he stopped at our neighbourhood Gurudwara for an Ardas.

The nos. are temp so did not hide them and besides do not know how to do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Streak Cedia Sports-blue-streak-left-rear-3-quarter.jpg  

Blue Streak Cedia Sports-blue-streak-sports-front.jpg  

Blue Streak Cedia Sports-blue-streak-gurudwara-1846.jpg  

Last edited by khoj : 31st March 2010 at 00:38.
Old 31st March 2010, 06:26   #85
BHPian

Wow! This is a very nice colour and Cedia looks even better in this one. Congrats khoj for your blue streak Cedia. It is a great car that could carry colors like blue streak, manchester red, aussie yellow with so much elaan! Post more pics if you can buddy.
Old 31st March 2010, 06:32   #86
Team-BHP Support

Awesome car and colour. Congrats and wish you many miles of happiness.
Old 31st March 2010, 07:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

Great going. Good luck with the car and I love that color. Had this color been available when I got mine, I'd have had a blue car not Red. Mine has done 40k km now and it still is as good as new and feels as taut as a new car should feel. I'm simply amazed how good the engineering on the car is.

Congrats again!
Old 31st March 2010, 09:24   #88
Senior - BHPian

Thats one Masculine looking machine man. Fantastic color. As R_o_C said, Had this color been there 2 years ago, I would've gone for the Blue rather than French Claret. This will turn even more heads on the road by its unique color. (Though fiesta has one close to this color,this is different). An the paint quality is superb, even after few years, when maintained well, trust me, it would look as bright as new.
Enjoy the ride. Welcome to the Cedizen's Club.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 31st March 2010 at 09:26.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:48   #89
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats an amazing proper Boy racer color on the Cedia. Drool maal stuff.
Congratulations on the new purchase. Blue looks really hot. Love the Cedia in blue!!
Old 31st March 2010, 10:52   #90
BHPian

Cedia in blue just rocks. Never expected it to look this HOT. Congrats Khoj on the buy. Happy Motoring. Interior pics also please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks