Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 11:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

That's a beautiful car and a beautiful color. Blue is my fave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Thats one Masculine looking machine man. Fantastic color. As R_o_C said, Had this color been there 2 years ago, I would've gone for the Blue rather than French Claret. This will turn even more heads on the road by its unique color. (Though fiesta has one close to this color,this is different). An the paint quality is superb, even after few years, when maintained well, trust me, it would look as bright as new.
Enjoy the ride. Welcome to the Cedizen's Club.
I am guessing this is the Fiesta color you are talking about? This one is mine. The Fiesta blue has color changing properties. Not sure about the Cedia's. I hope to see one on our roads some time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...cn2195-50-.jpg

Last edited by Gilead : 31st March 2010 at 11:17.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

The car looks too good, Congratulations again. Would love to see this colour in real. This is precision stuf.

Wish you miles of happpiness.
Drive Safe
Gaurav
Old 31st March 2010, 12:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Now the little Sardar true to his genes pointed towards an older white Cedia standing in a corner and proclaimed "Is Gaadi ki shakal hamari wali se achhi hai!" that was it. How could a true blue Delhi Sardar take home something which was less in any which way than the other car and the results are there for all to see. So thanks to Gunek the Blue Streak sports the smoked head lamps and also the original sports honey comb mesh grill which HM stopped offering sometimes in 2008/early2009. Kartho this is the sweet(est) bit.
Khoj, I just couldnt believe what am seeing, just loved the grill to bits- well well well what can i say how many lessons did i learn today... and how happy i am for you. I really dont have all the answers, bad with adjectives (especially when i am over excited) but still will try my best- red err... one hot smoking blue car :-). After seeing this car, something tells me that the Cedia sales might just revive and we will have a lot more Cedias around. So, should we just rewrite the phrase and say you will be painting the town blue !

I have shared this link with a few friends who are not on TBHP and they have just gone gaga over the color, the mesh grill, lamps, alloys... man its indeed smoking hot ! Once you share the price, i am sure the drooling mouths could never shut ! Patience and perseverence has indeed paid you handsomely !

Looking forward to seeing your blue beauty in person sometime ! Enjoy your ride, rock the roads safely and set the roads ablaze !

I still am enjoying my car, just got up a little early today and shampooed + waxed the car again this morning to bring back the glory. Everytime i get down from my car, I keep staring at it (even if in hurry ) Just cant stop falling in love
Old 31st March 2010, 12:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

I am guessing this is the Fiesta color you are talking about? This one is mine. The Fiesta blue has color changing properties. Not sure about the Cedia's. I hope to see one on our roads some time.

I guess by 'color changing properties' you mean some glow due to its metallic mix? Is it like the 'pearl' version Toyota givess? btw, I don't see this color on Ford's website 'colors/trims' of any fiesta model.
Yes, your color looks stunning too and I have seen a few on Chennai's Roads.
Old 1st April 2010, 02:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Hey, congrats for the car. Looks stunning in blue. The color hardly matters though, what matters is the amazing thing under the hood
Thank you prateekm, you are right nothing to beat the cubic inches and this one is smooth as silk.

Quote:
^^+1 to that. That Amazing thing under the hood would make you addicted.
Be Ceduced Mate... Congratulations.
Thanks RajaTaurus.
Honestly, it was your owner review that I read last year which got me hooked back and here we are today proud to be Ceduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
hey Khoj, Congratz on the BS - the car looks stunning
now, treat us soon with some on the road pics and first drive impression
Thankyou theexperthand,
I trust you have viewed a couple of pics that are up and the rest will have to wait till I get back to Delhi later this month. By the way, I trust that you have been able to get your hands on the Omnibus editions. I am looking forward to read them one at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
That's one hell of a teaser. Congrats Khoj!! can we have more pics, and expect a detailed review?
Thanks rg_chn, I will post the review for sure but will need a little longer than usual, what with having to get back to Delhi first.

Quote:
Ooo that's a beautiful color. So you finally got the car. Congrats! We want more pics obviously. This color on the Cedia is so rare that I have never spotted one on the road till now.
Thank you Gilead. Sure is beautiful and the dealer has not sold this colour before ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulation on your new acquisition. Thats one hell of a color ( personally blue is my favorite color) on a Cedia sport.

As many said, never seen a blue cedia on road till date. Do they come with those stickers on the doors?

Look forward to lots of pictures of exterior and interiors soon
Thank you mobike008. Blue is my favourite too. Looks like we share the same tastes, first the colour on your air con's panel and now with the Blue Streak. The small set of stickers you see in the pics are pasted at the factory and then a layer of top coat goes on. The remaining stickers are in the boot. I am thinking on pasting those on my 96 Zen or 08Swift both are in white and could use some livery, cannot decide as to which one should be done up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Wow! This is a very nice colour and Cedia looks even better in this one. Congrats khoj for your blue streak Cedia. It is a great car that could carry colors like blue streak, manchester red, aussie yellow with so much elaan! Post more pics if you can buddy.
Hey Chat, thank you. It sure carries it with aplomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Awesome car and colour. Congrats and wish you many miles of happiness.
Thank you BlackPearl. Truly appreciate your wishes which are now reflected in my signature for this quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Great going. Good luck with the car and I love that color. Had this color been available when I got mine, I'd have had a blue car not Red. Mine has done 40k km now and it still is as good as new and feels as taut as a new car should feel. I'm simply amazed how good the engineering on the car is.

Congrats again!
Thank you reignofchaos, I hope the build quality has remain unchanged on the present day models too otherwise I will be game for an exchange..just kidding.

Quote:
Thats one Masculine looking machine man. Fantastic color. As R_o_C said, Had this color been there 2 years ago, I would've gone for the Blue rather than French Claret. This will turn even more heads on the road by its unique color. (Though fiesta has one close to this color,this is different). An the paint quality is superb, even after few years, when maintained well, trust me, it would look as bright as new.
Enjoy the ride. Welcome to the Cedizen's Club.
Thank you once again RajaTaurus for your kind words. Coming from the founder member of the Cedizen's Club the wishes are more endearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thats an amazing proper Boy racer color on the Cedia. Drool maal stuff.
Congratulations on the new purchase. Blue looks really hot. Love the Cedia in blue!!
Hi //M , thank you . Trust me life does begin again at 40 got this boy racer to come out finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Cedia in blue just rocks. Never expected it to look this HOT. Congrats Khoj on the buy. Happy Motoring. Interior pics also please
Thank you REMU, will post interior picks soon.

Quote:

Thanks again Gilead, Welcome to the Blues literally. But these are the ones that pep you up. Saw your Fiesta love the stance on that mean machine. Happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congratulations Khoj, good to hear that you're finally getting the delivery today.

I will look forward to the initial ownership report ofcourse with some nice Pictures.

I have never seen a streak blue cedia, just imagining how good it will look with black tints and smoked headlamps!

take care and drive safe.
Thanks gaurav,
Well it is as if the words you spoke came true as far as the kohl lined eyes are concerned. Let us see what tints go on the windows. Recommend a good installer in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The car looks too good, Congratulations again. Would love to see this colour in real. This is precision stuf.

Wish you miles of happpiness.
Drive Safe
Gaurav
Thanks again, will catch up during one of the tbhp meets at Delhi or maybe we could have a 'C'meet. note the emphasis on the 'C'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Congrats matey ! glad to hear that finally you are getting your hands on the long awaited BS

Nice pic and hope there will be more elaborate ones and a matching ownership report: i am sure you have one heck of a story to tell on the delivery and the 'sweet' part of the deal.

Time to enjoy your ride
Quote:
Khoj, I just couldnt believe what am seeing, just loved the grill to bits- well well well what can i say how many lessons did i learn today... and how happy i am for you. I really dont have all the answers, bad with adjectives (especially when i am over excited) but still will try my best- red err... one hot smoking blue car :-). After seeing this car, something tells me that the Cedia sales might just revive and we will have a lot more Cedias around. So, should we just rewrite the phrase and say you will be painting the town blue !

I have shared this link with a few friends who are not on TBHP and they have just gone gaga over the color, the mesh grill, lamps, alloys... man its indeed smoking hot ! Once you share the price, i am sure the drooling mouths could never shut ! Patience and perseverence has indeed paid you handsomely !

Looking forward to seeing your blue beauty in person sometime ! Enjoy your ride, rock the roads safely and set the roads ablaze !

I still am enjoying my car, just got up a little early today and shampooed + waxed the car again this morning to bring back the glory. Everytime i get down from my car, I keep staring at it (even if in hurry ) Just cant stop falling in love
Thanks a ton Kartho,

Will make it a point to drive to Pune and meet with you once I have the Blue Streak cruising on MH roads. Will take some time but I will be there for sure. At this time even I am at a loss for words. I understand what you are trying to say with the lessons learnt bit. I still cannot believe at the amount of support that has been extended to me on this thread and the way lancer&shogun helped me out and then Rishi took the initiative to help pave the way to enable this episode to come to a logical conclusion. What can I say I am at aloss for words too but it is a special feeling to have so many people share ones joy and happiness. It has made me all the more richer and humbler at the same time.

@lancer&shogun
Buddy your treat is due. Any plans on coming to Delhi or Bombay? If not then maybe I have an excuse to drive down to Madras.

@rishi_kapoor
Thank you Rishi for your help I can not even begin to thank you enough.

Thank you again guys each and every one of you and before I turn this post of mine to emotional blabber let us hit the road and be Ceduced all over again.

Last edited by khoj : 1st April 2010 at 02:46.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

I am honored by your words Khoj,
The more days pass, the more you would become possessive of this baby, trust me on that. Have great driving.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:24   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks RajaTaurus.
Honestly, it was your owner review that I read last year which got me hooked back and here we are today proud to be Ceduced.

Thanks a ton Kartho,

Will make it a point to drive to Pune and meet with you once I have the Blue Streak cruising on MH roads. Will take some time but I will be there for sure. At this time even I am at a loss for words. I understand what you are trying to say with the lessons learnt bit. I still cannot believe at the amount of support that has been extended to me on this thread and the way lancer&shogun helped me out and then Rishi took the initiative to help pave the way to enable this episode to come to a logical conclusion. What can I say I am at aloss for words too but it is a special feeling to have so many people share ones joy and happiness. It has made me all the more richer and humbler at the same time.
When i was zeroing in on my car last year, it was the ownership reports of RajaTaurus, ROC, KC & a few others that actually got me sold to a car which was never in my list before. Infact i had seen Raja's report on another site too and was thinking may be he is a professional writer

One thing i learnt from this forum is you dont just get valuable and honest info on cars here, but some good friends too. After you get your car over to Mumbai, we surely will plan something, that would be great.

Hopefully you get the feel of your car very soon and when you do, please share the feeling and enjoy the high !
Old 1st April 2010, 10:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

^^ Well, I am a professional (Mechanical engineer from Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai 1983 batch) and a so-so- writer (blogger, to be specific). I had posted the same review in Carwale and Fropper.com as well. When I joined here, within few months I understood this was the only portal with so many truely professional writers around who write so vivid and lucid, and truly inked with petrol in their pens I should say. Me addicted now to two things - Cedia and Team-bhp.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
truly inked with petrol in their pens I should say. Me addicted now to two things - Cedia and Team-bhp.
Inked with petrol in their pens - nice one you never run out of catchy lines in your magic hat i suppose

Its getting hot in here and my Cedia('s) Spirit is wondering where to head this long weekend, but I am thinking- wherever it takes me, I anyways beat the heat sitting inside. Have a nice Easter weekend guys.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Khoj - superb color, looking way out with the smoked headlamps & the earlier version grille

I can't figure why they discontinued these two options
Old 1st April 2010, 14:57   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am honored by your words Khoj,
The more days pass, the more you would become possessive of this baby, trust me on that. Have great driving.
The feeling is mutual Rajaji.
I intend to keep this one with me for a long long time or as my new signature says all the way to the Final frontier....Happiness.

Quote:
One thing i learnt from this forum is you dont just get valuable and honest info on cars here, but some good friends too. After you get your car over to Mumbai, we surely will plan something, that would be great.
+1 to both of the above statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Khoj - superb color, looking way out with the smoked headlamps & the earlier version grille
I can't figure why they discontinued these two options
Thank you Suman, Yes now even I wonder what is HM Mitsu up to.

By the way if I remember correctly you were looking to change one of your cars sometimes in December. What is up on that front?
Old 1st April 2010, 17:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks gaurav,
Well it is as if the words you spoke came true as far as the kohl lined eyes are concerned. Let us see what tints go on the windows. Recommend a good installer in Delhi

...will catch up during one of the tbhp meets at Delhi or maybe we could have a 'C'meet. note the emphasis on the 'C'.
Ya, the 'C'... will definately love to 'C' u at the 'C' meet.

About the smoked eyes, I dont know what came to my mind and I wished for smoked lamps, although I knew that new 'C' doesnt have them.. it certainly felt good.

As far as agood installer in Delhi is concerned, I always visit, Car Kunj, an installer in Punjabi Bagh. I have seen them installing stuff on cars from 800 to BMW 5 Series, prices are reasonable, every thing is with bill and they know their job.

If you put somewhere around, do have a look or else, look for some good installer around your place. Please get the windows tinted from some reputed place, tints are best if done properly in first instance.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 1st April 2010 at 17:08.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way if I remember correctly you were looking to change one of your cars sometimes in December. What is up on that front?
Sleeping on the idea - with the new Fiesta coming in Q1 2011.....and hopefully, even the new Lancer
Old 1st April 2010, 17:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess by 'color changing properties' you mean some glow due to its metallic mix? Is it like the 'pearl' version Toyota givess? btw, I don't see this color on Ford's website 'colors/trims' of any fiesta model.
Yes, your color looks stunning too and I have seen a few on Chennai's Roads.
There is something in the pigment mix that makes the color change dramatically depending on the light. It looks completely different in the night than it looks like in the day. The discontinued Vocal White in Linea also does something similar. This color was discontinued on the Fiesta in Dec 2009. I probably got one of the last ones ever produced.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks for the explanation. I think I should catch up with your ride some day to check it out. I have seen such color-changing in Toyotas and Lexuses in the middle east,which they call it as White-pearl, Black-pearl etc.

Most Viewed