Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 21:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Blue Streak Cedia Sports

I am being offered a Cedia Sports in Blue Streak colour at an attractive year end price. However the car is not with the dealer presently. I am not sure how the car actually looks as the cars that are in stock look different in actual than how they look on the sales brochures.

Does any one on the Team own this car in the exact same colour that is Blue Streak? If you do, I would appreciate it very much if you could post a few snaps of the car. I have searched high and low on the forums but could not locate pictuers of the Cedia in that shade and would be better placed to decide if I could get a look in. I have until this Saturday to put my money down or wait another 6-12 months for the new lancer to drive in.
Old 24th December 2009, 22:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Skim through the galleries and threads. Will be quicker than waiting for a reply here. By the way, I've never seen a Cedia in blue, neither here nor on the road. Why don't you go check the car out at the stockyard? Also verify the date of manufacture, shouldn't be too old.
Old 24th December 2009, 22:33   #3
BHPian

AFAIK the cedia sports comes in black, white, yellow, and red.Never knew it was available in blue.
Old 24th December 2009, 22:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

blue streak cedia sports.

Cedia Sports
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Streak Cedia Sports-untitled1.jpg  

Old 24th December 2009, 22:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys,

@flyingspur The car is at the factory in Chennai and the dealer will order it only upon my confirmation. Maybe I will say yes, what with Blue being my favourite colour and the novelty of being exclusive.

@sidindica This is how the car looks in the website/brochure but the HM Sales Manager insists that it is much much better in actual. Note this is the HM guy and not the dealers manager.

BTW what do you guys think the chances of the New Lancer being launched by mid 2010.

Last edited by khoj : 24th December 2009 at 23:04.
Old 25th December 2009, 10:29   #6
BHPian

Why not fly down to HM's plan near Chennai and look in person?
Old 25th December 2009, 11:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

How much is the discount ?

I think I have seen a Blue Cedia recently in Delhi - looked far more darker than the one Sid has shown here. Looked much better frankly.
Old 25th December 2009, 17:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Why not fly down to HM's plan near Chennai and look in person?
If either you or HM were to sponsor the trip from and to Bombay, I would gladly do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
How much is the discount ?
I think I have seen a Blue Cedia recently in Delhi - looked far more darker than the one Sid has shown here. Looked much better frankly.
30K cash and promise of some more once I am ready to say yes. Is it good enough or should I be looking for more. The ex showroom price is 9.9L
Old 25th December 2009, 19:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
30K cash and promise of some more once I am ready to say yes. Is it good enough or should I be looking for more. The ex showroom price is 9.9L
30k is a bit less I will say. And that too for a colour you are not sure of.

If I were you I'd go for a New Cedia 2010 model in february. And do not worry - Cedia's are not exactly dissappearing off the shleves. I am sure you could get a similar discount in February too

Go for a 2010 model and a colour that you want.

If it is still Blue you want and the year does not really matter - then go for it now.

It is no doubt a brilliant car and the new Sat Nav & DVD from kenwood with the Momo steering and Alloys looks excellent.
Old 25th December 2009, 20:12   #10
~~h
BHPian

Quote:

If I were you I'd go for a New Cedia 2010 model in February. And do not worry - Cedia's are not exactly disappearing off the shelves. I am sure you could get a similar discount in February too
+1
30 K is too low for a car that couldn't set the charts on fire. This is pretty much the December discount any other dealer give.
Also checkout GTO's used driver's car thread to see how badly Cedia depreciate, a 2010 car will save you on that as well. Wait till Feb that would be worth it.
Old 26th December 2009, 01:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
30-40K is the standard discount that the dealer out here (in Cal) offers, pre-negotiation.

December discounts should be more. As @vkochar has already said, you should get similar discounts in 2010 too.
Old 26th December 2009, 03:14   #12
BHPian

i have seen a blue cedia in blore. and it look much more better in person for sure...looks much more glossier i am sure ull enjoy it looks for sure.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If I were you I'd go for a New Cedia 2010 model in february. And do not worry - Cedia's are not exactly dissappearing off the shleves. I am sure you could get a similar discount in February too

Go for a 2010 model and a colour that you want.

If it is still Blue you want and the year does not really matter - then go for it now.

It is no doubt a brilliant car and the new Sat Nav & DVD from kenwood with the Momo steering and Alloys looks excellent.
I did want the Blue colour but in a different shade. The HM sales manager has mailed snaps of the car from the factory parking lot and it is to my liking. See attached photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
+1
30 K is too low for a car that couldn't set the charts on fire. This is pretty much the December discount any other dealer give.
Also checkout GTO's used driver's car thread to see how badly Cedia depreciate, a 2010 car will save you on that as well. Wait till Feb that would be worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
30-40K is the standard discount that the dealer out here (in Cal) offers, pre-negotiation.

December discounts should be more. As @vkochar has already said, you should get similar discounts in 2010 too.
The deal at the moment is 35K cash discount + 1 year extended warranty worth 6.5 K taking total warranty to 3 years + insurance @ 65% of the quoted amount which is 25K (my benefit approx. 8K)

Is the above good for an year end discount or should I press for more if yes then how much.

I will keep the car for at least 5 years and the resale value is not a concern. I would appreciate your responses as this has to be closed asap.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CEDIA BLUE STREAK Presentation1.pdf (170.4 KB, 895 views)
Old 26th December 2009, 13:39   #14
BHPian

Khoj,

whats the cost of this model ?
Old 26th December 2009, 13:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
I did want the Blue colour but in a different shade. The HM sales manager has mailed snaps of the car from the factory parking lot and it is to my liking. See attached photo.

What an excellent colour . Always knew that a blue is availabe in cedia, but never knew it looks this good. Go for it Khoj.

The deal at the moment is 35K cash discount + 1 year extended warranty worth 6.5 K taking total warranty to 3 years + insurance @ 65% of the quoted amount which is 25K (my benefit approx. 8K)

Is the above good for an year end discount or should I press for more if yes then how much.

50k discount on cedia is ok for year end. Normally, I have seen people getting a discount of around 30k + additional goodies car cover, floor mats etc. So you can certainly press for more discounts, You never know they may offer you some more goodies. Also I have read about the box which goes in for the sat nav which costs around 35k. Are you getting that with your car? If not then ask for it as an addition.

Also ask for floor mats, car cover and may be anti rust or teflon quoting. You may also push in for a car with smoked headlamps instead of clear ones.

I will keep the car for at least 5 years and the resale value is not a concern. I would appreciate your responses as this has to be closed asap.

As of now you are getting a discount for around 50k. In Jan you will get discounts of atleast 30k. Even if you sell the car after 5 years, the difference in the cost would be around 50k. But if at all you may want to sell it in 2-3 years, the difference would be in lacs.

I would suggest you ask for more discount or additional stuff (though theres not much additional to be added in cedia, the car any ways come loaded.)

All the best and Bargain hard

Quote:
BTW what do you guys think the chances of the New Lancer being launched by mid 2010.
A Mitsui sales man tells me that its not to be launched before may or June. Further, one can never confirm considering that a company like HM handels all the operations for Mitsubishi. I would have asked you to wait for the new lancer if I would have had confirmed launch perioed for it. Unfortunately, even Mr Birla wont be able to confirm the launch.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th December 2009 at 14:06.

Most Viewed