Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 15:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
LOL, best of luck with your hunt and trust me you would love every car which you would see and would try to ignore niggles. But i would like to request you to wait for that one perfect car that was specially build for you at the assembly line.
Very true! I am in no hurry. Thanks for the links also. Very helpful!
Quote:
Do not go to suraksha, they are the people who maintained my lancer from day one, They are the most non cooperating bafoons. I needed my service history to be transfered to Geo motors who are now maintaining my lancer and these guys will not even acknowledge my mails/phone calls.
Point noted.
Quote:
I understand dealers are bad throught india, I am a lucky guy as there are 2 dealers in 10 Km radius, one is the biggest one in kerala and the dude is getting a porsche dealership and has a skoda delership, so no price in gussing he throws a lot of weight arround but the other A S S is very nice gives me the right advise and are helpful. I just took my car for a accelerator cable checkup and this is what the SA tells me. "I have not heard in my entire career where a lancer's accelerator cable went bad, letme check" then he says there is dust in the throttle and he uses wd40 and the issue is resolved. I was so pleased with him that i gave my car immediately for a complete fluid change.
Pramod
Which *** are you talking about. Are they in Hyderabad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
I would recommend look out for lancer petrol as it is easier to find a good one.

Thanks
I am on the Hunt. Let me know if you see one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Agree with you completely, but if you check the price of ford components + their average life of parts i still feel i can maintain 3 lancers for the price of one ikon going ot ford A S S.
Agreed! A friend of mine had an Icon, which he sold later. The maintenance was bomb. Time and Money both. I was asked to stay away from Ford.

OK, Here is again an Update:
I visited ICICI Begumpet branch for the Seized cars. After looking here and there and talking to a few ppl I finally got a name. This new dude was at Nampally Branch. So I went there right away. After waiting for 30 mins he arrived. After inquiring he rightaway denied about bank selling seized cars. Donny why. Then I told him that I was send to him by the Accounts Manager of Begumpet Branch then he immediately gave me a phone number and a name.
Now again I called up on that new number. Now this dude says "Dont take seized cars". There are a lot of problems with the ownership. On asking, he explained me some xyz. I didnt get it at all and I was constantly saying that the Bank will have the NOC or any supporting document. Otherwise how cant he bank sell it ?? I asked him to meet in personal. Maybe later this week.
Anyone had good or bad experience with Seized cars?

-Thanks
Old 6th January 2010, 18:04   #32

I came across an insurance claimed car (bit of axle damage, but fully replaced now). Is it a good idea to go further on?
What are the advantages (eg., I can negotiate hard)
and disadvantages?
Old 8th January 2010, 11:36   #33

Can someone please advice on this? Go or No Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S. View Post
I came across an insurance claimed car (bit of axle damage, but fully replaced now). Is it a good idea to go further on?
and disadvantages?
Old 8th January 2010, 11:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

Get the car thoroughly checked, look for any structural damage rectification which might have been done. If so better to stay away. If its only a minor axle damage and replacement, no issues with taking it forward ie if its coming for a killer price.

Main thing get it checked in and out by professionals before you sign the cheque.
Old 9th January 2010, 09:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and disadvantages?

if there was known axel damage- there will be bound to be other damage as well either on suspension system or drive train. like mentioned earlier- do get it thoroughly checked out before you think about negotiating.
Old 9th January 2010, 10:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and disadvantages?
OK let me put it this way, When does a insurance company gets hold of a car? When the car is beyond economical repair, means the insured value is less than the repair value. I would advise you to stay away from such cars. Even If it was a merc coming at a lancers cost then i would say stay away.

Pramod
Old 10th January 2010, 11:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

@pramodkumar - nicely put, didnt think along those lines!
Old 12th January 2010, 12:50   #38

Sorry for not being so clear in my original message.

I saw the car in a workshop (known servicing person). The car is yet to be fixed. I saw inside of the bonnet and things looked fine. The servicing engineer explained me the axle damage and said that the owner would be selling it after fixing the current problem (with the help of insurance claim).

This car is not with the insurance company.

- So, what could be the advantages in pursuing this car?
- and disadvantages?

Thanks
Old 12th January 2010, 13:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for not being so clear in my original message.

I saw the car in a workshop (known servicing person). The car is yet to be fixed. I saw inside of the bonnet and things looked fine. The servicing engineer explained me the axle damage and said that the owner would be selling it after fixing the current problem (with the help of insurance claim).

This car is not with the insurance company.

- So, what could be the advantages in pursuing this car?
- and disadvantages?

Thanks
There are 1000s of good lancers waiting for deserving owners, why to buy somthing with a issue which will always haunt you. This is you first car, now just understand this bit, no one will get a damage claim from the insurance until its its big, the main reason is it will get rejected if its small. One of my team members got off road in his ikon at a high speed to avoid a fast bus coming head on. His damages were, The left suspension arm, a broken alloy, the axel and the suspension leg(the place where the arm rests). Estimate from ford was for 40k. This guy applies for insurance, claim gets rejected saying that there is no damage as the other body pannels and plastics are intact. So if he is getting his claim he will not get it for this alone. And if he is selling it then definitly there is a probability its something major. And trust me if i was you, i would not tempt fate to get some surprises later. Look my point is simple and trust me all this is based on experiance. Just imagine your car getting stuck nowhere in an undrivable condition with your family in it all dressed up and excited for a excursion.

Finding a best used car is like finding a best friend, you have to be patient.

PS: There was a TN regestered lancer for sale in kerala in this sundays manorama, PM me your number i will pass on the details.

Pramod
Old 13th January 2010, 16:19   #40
BHPian

Hi Buddy,

Within your budget getting a second hand diesel is a difficult task. If you get a Lancer for that amount, you may shell out more amount in near future for maintainance. If you just need a diesel, you may consider Indica/Indigo, but need to be careful buying seconds diesel, you may never know how much the engine has clocked.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

vid6639 has a Lancer to sell Check his thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks