Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:34   #1
BHPian

Is Maruti replacing Dzire ?

My friend is wanting to buy a new Dzire diesel and the feedback he's received from a dealer source is that Maruti could be thinking of stopping or replacing the manufacture of Dzire Ddis, perhaps due to skewed delivery schedules.

Is this news true and does anybody in team BHP have a clue on this.
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:59   #2
BHPian

Stop production of their best seller sedan ? Not happening..
At max it might be some 'external enhancements' along with the re-tuning of the ddis engine, to comply with new emission norms (like in the ritz).
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

At present the hot cake of Maruti is Dzire. No chance of stopping its production.I know some people are awaiting patiently for 6 months to get the car. What I heard is that they are planning SX4 in diesel variant.
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

They might change the Petrol engine and retune the diesel to comply with Euro IV norms applicable from April.
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:32   #5
BHPian

this may not be true, due to the reason that Dezire infact has been doing well, atleast in Bangalore.

More because, people think Dezire to be an entry level sedan.
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:07   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
They might change the Petrol engine and retune the diesel to comply with Euro IV norms applicable from April.
Thats quite possible and there may be K Series power under the bonnet for the petrol.
And the diesel- no way nothing is gonna happen to the diesel LDi, VDi and ZDi at least for a few years.Suzuki knows the auto business in India like no one else. They wont do a Qualis (like TKM) to the DZire as it lays golden eggs for them.
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has not replaced cars like Wagon-R, Omni etc. why would they bother replacing Dzire?? On a serious note as Anshuman mentioned it would be due to tuning the DDIS engine for Euro Norms and 1.2K series. I heard Suzuki has a 1.4K series engine. Bring it on Maruti!!
Old 4th January 2010, 13:35   #8
BHPian

Replacing the deisel Dzire...No way mate..
Wouldnt believe maruti would be daft enough to tinker with its best seller.
I hear it still commands waiting periods of 3 months and more in this day and age.
They might be retuning the existing engines to comply with newer emission norms.
Dnt think they have a ready replacement in the the stables to do a Toyota Qualis on us !!!
Old 4th January 2010, 13:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Maybe its a facelift. Small things changing here and there.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Waiting period of three months is ok, but in Kerala, people are waiting for 6 months or more. The patience of some of these buyers is really amazing.

If Maruti can ramp up the production of DZire and increase its availability, they can make out of the world profits with this car.

Last edited by clevermax : 4th January 2010 at 13:44.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:46   #11
BHPian

Maruti has not replaced the 800, so I have my very huge doubts that it will ever replace the Dzire. This is one company which will never ever shut down its best running model. In fact no Indian auto company will ever think of doing that. Its considered to be too risky & rather a stupid decision to do so. Unfortunate, but its a sad fact which we have to live with.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
My friend is wanting to buy a new Dzire diesel and the feedback he's received from a dealer source is that Maruti could be thinking of stopping or replacing the manufacture of Dzire Ddis, perhaps due to skewed delivery schedules.

Is this news true and does anybody in team BHP have a clue on this.
well, no way maruti is going to stop their golden egg car to stop,rather more chances remains are of new norms applicable from April, so new petrol engine and detuned current diesel DDiS engine would be doing duty.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:53   #13
BHPian

Wishful thinking! But I fear that this is just a rumor and we will be seeing this sorry excuse for a 3 box for many years (decades even).
In all fairness, the boot on this car is pretty spacious and it seems to be a very practical choice.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:08   #14
BHPian

Nothing of that sort can actually happen in Indian market. We people dont buy cars we just buy names & what is already selling so there is no way Maruti stops producing something which is being sold like hot cakes.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:42   #15
BHPian

No, Maruti is surely not replacing Dzire. But it should really give it a HUGE makeover. All they have done is adding a dicky to the hatch
Closed Thread

Most Viewed