Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 17:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a great car. And, if its certified to be in a good condition paying a bit extra is never a problem.

I know a key guy in Lakshmi Hyundai and he can take a personal look at the car and let you know how it is. PM me if you need his contact info

Btw, i have the same car. Albiet the diesel sibling. And, that too is a mean machine.

Congrats and enjoy the new ride
Old 12th January 2010, 16:35   #17
RVG

Thanks for your suggestions. I own Viva now !

Hello friends,
Thanks each and everyone who gave their opinions/suggestions for my viva "buy". I own it now. What a fantastic machine. Posting some of the snaps that i took on sunday evening. Detailed report will follow soon.
I have a suprise video for all petrol heads to show if driven this beauty "correctly" it give phenominal average (kms / lt). The kms/lt figure that i got (on highway 80-90 speed) is unbelivable so coming sunday i will post with the "proof". Any guesses, friends ?????

RVG.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-1.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-2.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-3.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-4.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-5.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-6.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-7.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-8.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-9.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-10.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-11.jpg  

Buying a used Accent Viva (ABS) Petrol?-12.jpg  

Old 12th January 2010, 16:44   #18
RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its a great car. And, if its certified to be in a good condition paying a bit extra is never a problem.

I know a key guy in Lakshmi Hyundai and he can take a personal look at the car and let you know how it is. PM me if you need his contact info

Btw, i have the same car. Albiet the diesel sibling. And, that too is a mean machine.

Congrats and enjoy the new ride
Thanks mobike008. I was busy in the process of getting the car and missed your reply. Already done inspection and got the car too. Already posetd photos as well. Yes , i will PM you soon.

RVG
Old 12th January 2010, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVG View Post
Any guesses, friends ?????
I have a 2002 petrol accent, and on one of my trips to a hill station it gave me an average of 15kmpl. So im guessing u must've got around the same, or maybe a bit more if you weren't driving uphill unlike me.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the photographs the car looks stunning -like new one
Now sure it is a good buy.

I was having a Accent GLS petrol and it gave me around 16/17 kmpl on highways with 100% A/C. You are getting around 18? or more?
Old 12th January 2010, 17:03   #21
RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
I have a 2002 petrol accent, and on one of my trips to a hill station it gave me an average of 15kmpl. So im guessing u must've got around the same, or maybe a bit more if you weren't driving uphill unlike me.
@rg_chn, No uphill drive. Straight road (With normal up-downs). Your guess is close but not too close.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:09   #22
BHPian

Great buy, it looks like a new car ! Surely worth the buy... what was the final price then ? I know all of us were pushing for various numbers, but would be interested in knowing the final price !

Enjoy the excitement and every drive... Congratulations !
Old 12th January 2010, 17:13   #23
RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Looking at the photographs the car looks stunning -like new one
Now sure it is a good buy.

I was having a Accent GLS petrol and it gave me around 16/17 kmpl on highways with 100% A/C. You are getting around 18? or more?
@nairrk, truely car feels like new. Yes you are close to that figure.
I filled the tank. I drove total of 38 kms @speed not more than 90kmh.
I started early in the morning around 7 AM from Miyapur to airport road. Then i took right turn towards the kind of kaccha road. Driven around 26 kms on good road and 12 kms on kind of kaccha road. I was alone and A/C was purposefully switched "off". I driven with the power that is required, i mean no unnecessary pushing accelerator etc. I came back and filled the tank full again. For total of 38 kms i needed top up of 1.6 lts. So i got around 23.5 kms/lt. Next thing i am going to do is mix of city and highway drive for around 100 kms. Will post once i do that.

RVG
Old 12th January 2010, 17:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVG View Post
@rg_chn, No uphill drive. Straight road (With normal up-downs). Your guess is close but not too close.

You got 23.5?? that is great!!

Alomst forgot, Congrats on the new car! Any mods planned? How's the suspension?

Last edited by rg_chn : 12th January 2010 at 17:45.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

23.5km/l (without A/c) is really a good number.! So assume with A/c around 20/21kmpl?
Anything above 20kmpl on a sedan with A/c is a good mileage.
Great!
Old 12th January 2010, 20:44   #26
BHPian

oh! my Goodness, thats a Gorgeous out there man !

Who would say it a used car ?

thats a good average you getting, though quite difficult to digest.

Happy driving !!
Old 12th January 2010, 22:57   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

RVG congratulations on becoming the owner of the Viva. The car looks very fresh and hopefully will serve you well for years.Take all the normal care and you will be a proud owner!
Old 13th January 2010, 16:00   #28
BHPian

Hey Buddy,

Viva looks better and sportive than normal Accent. But that model is discontinued. In near future, reselling will also be a concern. Before purchasing, put the car on the jack and check the under chassis thoroughly and have test drive on highways is a must. I think you can bargain for another Rs. 10K-15K.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Hey Buddy,

Viva looks better and sportive than normal Accent. But that model is discontinued. In near future, reselling will also be a concern. Before purchasing, put the car on the jack and check the under chassis thoroughly and have test drive on highways is a must. I think you can bargain for another Rs. 10K-15K.
Yogesh,

If you read his posts, he has mentioned that he already bought it. Though it is discontinued, i don't think he'l have any problems apart from the resale. Which IMO, will not be very difficult.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks. Need urgent advice. I'm trying to choose between a used esteem lxi and a viva sport.

The viva has a 1.6 engine different from the 1.5 of accent. Does that mean its got a different clutch assembly? And any other major mechanical parts that are different and could pose a problem to source?

I've an offer for a 2003 Viva sport (ABS) thats done 70k kms. Which means it needs a clutch overhaul for sure. And if the clutch assembly is different from the regular accent, i'm not sure of its availability. And authorized hyundai dealer is sure to charge me at least 8k for this work that too if he has the clutch set!
Also, are body parts an issue? Bumpers, boot lids, fenders etc are different from the regular 1.5 accent right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks