Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 11:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2010 at 11:58.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th September 2010, 12:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Hi Folks. Need urgent advice. I'm trying to choose between a used esteem lxi and a viva sport.

The viva has a 1.6 engine different from the 1.5 of accent. Does that mean its got a different clutch assembly? And any other major mechanical parts that are different and could pose a problem to source?

I've an offer for a 2003 Viva sport (ABS) thats done 70k kms. Which means it needs a clutch overhaul for sure. And if the clutch assembly is different from the regular accent, i'm not sure of its availability. And authorized hyundai dealer is sure to charge me at least 8k for this work that too if he has the clutch set!
Also, are body parts an issue? Bumpers, boot lids, fenders etc are different from the regular 1.5 accent right?
I too purchased a 2003 Accent 1.5 petrol. I also had the option of a 1.6 GLS ABS, but refrained from it due to some mechanical issues.

Technically there isn't much of a difference between the 1.6 and 1.5 parts, I mean availability. I had enquired with Hyundai A.S.S. and they confirmed that parts for the 1.6 are also as readily available as for the 1.5. I was quoted Rs. 6500 for the clutch overhaul of my car, so you can expect something similar.

If you still want assurance in your city, would advise to speak to any Hyundai A.S.S. regarding the same.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:09   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Hi Folks. Need urgent advice. I'm trying to choose between a used esteem lxi and a viva sport...

I've an offer for a 2003 Viva sport (ABS) thats done 70k kms...
I was a happy Accent owner for 7 years but I'll be the first to admit that the Accent's day is past. Matter of time before Hyundai sunsets this baby and then what are you going to do, especially with a non-standard model like the Viva?

I think you're on safer ground with the Esteem; at least parts availability etc. shouldn't be an issue (one hopes). BTW, why are you going for such outdated cars? Is it a budget issue? Surely there must be more contemporary choices in your consideration set?

Most Viewed