Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:32   #61
BHPian

I had raised this issue of the manual(one issued with the car) indicating replacement of engine oil and filter, with the SA of Northpoint Motors, Kolkata. I was told, rather emphaticaly, that the manual required updating to omit the same as the new VVT engine did not require replacement of oil and filter till 10K/1 yr.
Still, if the fellow was pulling a fast one then i might as well go for an immediate change.
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:10   #62
BHPian

Dear Mangusta

I think the manual I have is released in Feb'2010, after the engine is changed to VVT .I will confirm it tomorrow as I don't have it right now. It is in the office. Obviously, it is the latest updated version. The SA is trying to defend his ignorance.

Murthy
Old 24th November 2010, 10:04   #63
BHPian

I just checked it up. The manual is printed in 2010. (see back side of the front cover)

Murthy
Old 27th April 2013, 20:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Preowned SX4 replacement or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangusta View Post
This car replaced my 11 year M800 in Feb 2010. I attach the latest pictures of my SX4 VXI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
It would have been nicer if the mud flaps too are body colored. My ZXI came with body colored mud flaps.
This is an older thread but in the exact same situation that this was in so thought would bring it back to life to solve my dilemma.

Firstly quoted Mangusta and gavinmurthy to get their views as owners of an SX4 which will be very valuable.

Now its the same situation have a 800 and in the lookout for preowned sedan with a budget of around 3 lakhs and the one car that is in the top contention is the SX4

There are just a few question-
  1. Should it be a SX4 or some thing else
  2. If so so it be the first generation one or the VVT version
  3. Which model year could be bought with this budget in Blr
I will provide more inputs whenever required however request your help in deciding about it.

Last edited by girishglg : 27th April 2013 at 20:26. Reason: Mods pls change the thread title appropriately
Old 27th April 2013, 21:23   #65
BHPian

Re: Mid life blues- need a sedan replacement for M800. EDIT : Got SX4 VXi

A1. Why don't you opt for something like a Fiesta or a Corolla instead? You will get a newer and better equipped Fiesta 1.6 SXi easily in that budget. Coming to Corolla, it is a car from a segment above compared to both SX4 and the Fiesta. You can probably find a 2005/06 car with relatively low mileage and use it away to glory for years to come.

A2. The VVT is the more fuel efficient of the two if I am not wrong.
Old 28th April 2013, 09:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
A1. Why don't you opt for something like a Fiesta or a Corolla instead?
A2. The VVT is the more fuel efficient of the two if I am not wrong.
Why SX4 is a top runner-
- Higher GC than all the other sedans and equal to many SUVs which will be useful for county or long drives
- Its a Maruti hence peace of mind and low servicing costs
- The non VVT specimens have higher GC of 190mm and wouldnt mind a slightly lower mileage due to low average run
Old 11th May 2013, 13:07   #67
BHPian

Re: Mid life blues- need a sedan replacement for M800. EDIT : Got SX4 VXi

My ownership of SX4 has entered 4th year as on 2nd April 2013. I love the vehicle and absolutely no problems whatsoever with the engine, body, rattling etc. The only downside was that one JK tyre has burst exposing the steel. Luckily for me it happened so gradually that I reached home safely and observed it only the next day morning.

I was driving on the expressway from Lonavala to Mumbai with my children who came for a visit from UK. My daughter in law who was sitting in the front passenger seat observed the left wiper vibrating unusually on the windshield. I too felt unusual vibration but thought that it could be because of over inflation coupled with the cement road of express high way. I didn't give much attention to it, and reached home safely.

But to my horror , I found that the tyre is flat and in such a damaged condition that the steel wires are exposed. I still wonder how we reached safely. These tyres are quite expensive. It has set me back by Rs 7300/- including VAT.

So other than the tyre issue, I am fully satisfied with the performance of SX4.

Murthy
gavinimurthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 21:29   #68

Used Tata Manza or Maruti SX4?

Hello All,

I am looking for a decent used car and my budget is Rs 3 lakhs. I visited few Maruti Truevalue shops and got interested in below 2 options:

1. Maruti SX4 ZXI Petrol - Delhi registered - Rs 3,00,000 (final price). Inclusions are 1 year fresh insurance, RC transfer, VAT charges, 6 months True Value warranty, 3 free services. Car is 2007 model and run 84,000 kms. Tyres brand new Apollo Accelre. Exterior condition very good (just a few non noticeable scratches). Steell Gray color. AC and music system top notch

2. Tata Manza Quadrajet Diesel - Noida registered - Rs 2,50,000 (negotiable a bit). Nov 2009 registered. Insurance till June 2015. Inclusions are RC transfer. Exterior condition just OK as there are lot of scratches and a couple of dents - this is also being offered by Maruti Truevalue center, but not under their truvalue deal of course. Maruti has told they will dent paint exteriors according to my needs. AC needs servicing as there is no cooling. Music system is in-built and just OK

My plan is if I take the SX4 then I will fit CNG immediately, costing me another Rs 25000 - so total cost of car is Rs 3,25,000.

Hence, my question - Rs 3.25 lakhs SX4 on CNG VS. Tata Manza Diesel at around 2.4 lakhs.

Of course I will get the Manza checked by some certified testing center spending around Rs 2000 to have piece of mind.

Or neither? Can I get a better car? My requirement is either a Diesel car or a CNG car - I wont run car on petrol. I can consider Swift or Ritz, but has to be Diesel variant as CNG will eat up boot space.

So I will consider CNG only in a Sedan like SX4 or City.

Please advise I need to finalize by 2-3 days.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:43   #69
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used Tata Manza or Maruti SX4

Of the two, I'd prefer the Manza. But if you are ready to pay a bit more, you should be able to get your hands on an old Hyundai Verna. Your other options are DZire & Linea.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 00:21   #70
gemi_kk

If i were in your shoe, i would prefer SX4 over manza.

Often Tata Diesel cars are absued more than any other brand cars. The least abused ones would be honda City's. With some exceptions

If a owner bought an SX4 ZXI, He might have used it for personal purposes and the probability of maintaining it well is high. I cannot say the same with Tata diesels. Also, the SX4 rings all bells and whistles.

And by the way, how much did that Manza clock?
  (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 00:34   #71
BHPian

I have a SX4 ZXi, excellent car no doubt. Have done some long trips on this comfortably. But if you are going to fit CNT, think twice. Mine is 2010 model and I got CNG fitted 2 years back. Had problem in engine after 1 year. One mechanic had warned me that K-series engines are not very compatible with CNG. Am not sure that engine trouble was entirely due to CNG as I have seen a friends old SX4 run on CNG without trouble. But have also heard from someone else about CNG giving problem in SX4. So please check with few people before you decide.
If your running is not very high and you would run on petrol, SX4 is a fine car.
Manza is quite also comfortable and excellent space. If single owned car and not many kms, should not be a problem. Take a test drive and matbe take your local mechanic to check the car and then decide.
jesrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 00:36   #72
BHPian

Manza any day over the SX4 especially if you want to go the CNG way in future:

1) No headache of fitting a CNG. CNG good quality kits should cost you around 55-65k.
2) Diesel so higher mileage and less Rs/km at least for few more months till govt. removes the diesel subsidy. The higher diesel engine mileage should compensate it.
3) Very spacious.
4) Good brakes.
5) Extremely comfortable.
6) Easy availability of spare parts all over India.
7) TATA reliability has improved and Engine and gearbox is Fiat made.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 01:04   #73
BHPian

Manza is a well built car. Drives well and is very comfortable for long drives. The diesel is a fiat qdj90 ( vgt) aka our national engine. The gearbox is also fiat. My rough and tough vista is proof that they are built well. Most spares are cheap and you won't regret.
torquecurve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 01:27   #74
BHPian

Manza ANYDAY. It has FIAT's engine, and Tata Service is getting better. BUT Give us more info about the car.

How many KMS has it done?
When was the last service done?
If you go to this link and fill in the registration number, you'll get the owners name, car model, last service date, place (Workshop), kms done, service history etc. Its a 5 year old car, AFAIK in Delhi, cosmetic damages are bound to happen. Still, use it as a tool to bargain.

I MUST admit I'm abit doubtful since the deal looks TOO sweet.

SX4 Petrols have lost value tremendously because they are rumored to be gas-guzzlers, apart from being considered old school. Also, IMO 3L is abit high, 2L would be the absolute MAX I'd pay IF it was in GREAT condition. Also, since its done 84k kms, suspension may need an overhaul. Its a 7 year old car, when you sell it it'll probably be 10+ years old and IMO by 2017 you'd find very few takers for even 1L. So you may end up losing ALOT on depreciation let alone running costs & repair costs.

Tata is trying to come up in the Indian market and IMO will put effort to provide good A.S.S., whereas Maruti has been very comfortable selling in massive numbers and wouldn't mind brushing off a few customers since its already got so many aging cars to service.

Edit : Finally, kindly request the mods to move this thread to the What Car section.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 20th July 2014 at 01:30.
WorkingGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 12:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

The SX4 is simply a better car. However, I feel you can do better than 3lakhs for a car that's done 80k+ kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have a SX4 ZXi, excellent car no doubt. Have done some long trips on this comfortably. But if you are going to fit CNT, think twice. Mine is 2010 model and I got CNG fitted 2 years back. Had problem in engine after 1 year. One mechanic had warned me that K-series engines are not very compatible with CNG.
You need to change your mechanic. The SX4 does not come with a K-series motor it uses the M16a unit.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks