Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 14:16   #106
BHPian

Re: HELP---Ezen to what now?

One more in favour of SX4, as an owner.
I have a 2007 gen. 1 model, done 86+k kms - not a single rattle. So, if you are worried about rattles, dont. A well maintained SX4 will not have any rattles.
You can see a thread on my car in the Cosmetics and Modifications section.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:56   #107
BHPian

No No cedia n all, i am only interested in picking up something with a strong after sale support network.
As far as i know there is very poor support to mitsu in goa and i don not want to end waiting for long periods of time for want of any primary spares.

Nothing against the car or the brand just my view.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:15   #108
BHPian

Hi Scorpian,

Looks to me that you are ruled by mind than heart; which is fine. Since the fiesta that you looking at has run 70,000 kms, I think you must anticipate the below few maintenances-

1. Timing belt and other belts for power steering, AC etc.
2. Drive shafts
3. Brake pads
3. Clutch . (Doesn't matter which cylinder went bad, better to replace the set)

These are expensive parts and God forbid if all these need replacement for the car you identified, then you could look at a bill of around 55k to 60k. You might like that fiesta (agreed that it is a nice car) but check if that car is consuming too much engine oil. If so, then that car requires engine overhauling which might take your bill up by another 50,000. If the car doesn't drink oil, then you can anticipate for the same at around 1 lakh kms. so be ready for that.

I think , if not the engine overhauling, atleast the parts are replaced by new. If you are very particular about fiesta, then why not look for the one that is lesser run?

Just a reiteration - Below advise is a good one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-used-car-india-0

Cheers!
Old 5th September 2014, 00:01   #109
BHPian

Hi Scorpian,

Seeing as how you mentioned paying the toll every time you enter Goa I would also like to mention another point here.
I have a home in Bombay and a home in Goa. We now spend most of our time in Goa.
Although I have an SX4 in Bombay, I have left it there and I have bought another one here for one reason - the Goa number plate.
Nothing to do with paying toll or anything like that.
It's just that I was getting a lot of hassle with the MH number.
Ask any local. They hate MH and KA number plates.
I have almost been shoved off the road by bigger vehicles for no apparent reason except - the MH number!
Try parking somewhere and you will get hassle.
Press your horn at a jaywalker and first they look at your number plate and then give you tough looks.
Driving in Goa with an MH plate is a real pain. Believe me. I did not want to spend another 7 to 8 lakhs but that it what it has cost me to drive peacefully in Goa with a GA plate.
Please note that I am talking about living here and not just driving down to Goa (Calangute) for a long weekend!!

Coming back to the "rattles" issue.
I forgot to mention in my previous post that the taxi driver we use for airport runs also has an SX4 Vxi. The other day I glanced across at his speedometer and did a double take. It was reading 1,90,000. Yes! Correct!! 1.90L KMS!! I confirmed this again with him. The car was as smooth as silk and nary a squeak or rattle. No engine work. Just regular servicing at an MASS.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,
SS
Regards,
SS
Old 5th September 2014, 01:38   #110
NKN
BHPian

Add me as another SX4 supporter over the Fiesta. I personally drive one for over 7 years clocking 85K kms and have not faced any issues which the ASS could not fix.

some of the major works which were done on my car were
Suspension overhaul at ~62000kms
A/C compressor repair @ ~68000Kms
Clutch plate & Pressure palate change@ 82500Kms
Old 9th September 2014, 12:24   #111
BHPian

Re: Mid life blues- need a sedan replacement for M800. EDIT : Got SX4 VXi

Thank you all for your precious inputs.

I have finally decided to go in for sx4,now the search begins.

Any advantages of the vvt over the previous model?

Thanks once again.
Old 4th April 2017, 11:11   #112
BHPian

So am back in the boat again for another Sx4, yes another sx4, the petrol one i had i sold it as i got a good price for it.

I have now finalised on a 2012 sx4 VDI at true value showroom done 88k kms.I need a diesel as my daily runs exceed 100kms.I need a huge boot to carry my bags and sx4 is what i want to replace with again.

Iam quoted 3lakhs for 2012 88k run sx4,currently the car is going through synchronizer ring change in gearbox which will be covered by true value.
Some minor painting of scratches also will be done by them. Tyres are just ok and i may need to replace them by say another 10k kilometeres.

The previous owner was a elderly gentleman who changes his car every 4-5years.History looks fine with just minor niggles here and there.

I have spoken to few sx4 owners who have clocked 1.86lakh kilometeres on their cars.
I am just worried about the MJD 90ps.

Please help me with your inputs, would appreciate them.
Any existing owners of sx4 please do share your inputs. i plant o keep the car for atleast 5plus years.
Old 4th April 2017, 15:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
So am back in the boat again for another Sx4, yes another sx4, the petrol one i had i sold it as i got a good price for it.

Iam quoted 3lakhs for 2012 88k run sx4,currently the car is going through synchronizer ring change in gearbox which will be covered by true value.

Coincidence. I am in the same boat as well, searching for an Sx4. Please look at the following post of mine, and assist me with the right price.

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
I am just worried about the MJD 90ps.
I have seen many Linea's,Ertiga's with >1.5Lakh Km's. So I think regular maintenance should take care. Also did the true value offer any warranty?

How much does it cost for the entire suspension overhaul?

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 4th April 2017 at 15:05.
Old 5th April 2017, 14:36   #114
BHPian

@jetset

Yes true value offered warranty for six months,up to 1lakh kilometres.

I am jjust waititng for them to call me back once the car is ready as of now i have paid them rs 5000 booking amount.

Once the car is ready il have a drive and then finalise.

i was quoted 3.50, i got it to a final 3lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks