Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Was this Post helpful for your knowledge about New Honda Civic
Yes 13 76.47%
No 3 17.65%
Not Sure 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 13:05   #31
BHPian

Wow that is one detailed purchasing progress mentioned here, all best in finiding your new car. keep us all updated.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:34   #32
BHPian

Good Buying experience thread. I am also planning to visit the Honda "snob" dealers over the weekend. Any clues or hints?

Did you visit all the 3 Honda dealers penpavan in Bangalore? If so, any recommendations? (read where i can discuss some bargain deals)
Old 15th January 2010, 14:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
10.3K vs 5K

Looks like you have brought to the fore the best of your bargaining skills. If the dealer is prepared to give it for 5K, you might as well pick it up there than going for the aftermarket one, unless the latter looks impressive than the former.

Did you check how the illumination is powered, by the way(in both cases) ?
I did not check the way this illumination is powered, but there is electrical connectivity involved, dont know how they will be mounted on the car as well, will know only when it is installed after purchase.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Good Buying experience thread. I am also planning to visit the Honda "snob" dealers over the weekend. Any clues or hints?

Did you visit all the 3 Honda dealers penpavan in Bangalore? If so, any recommendations? (read where i can discuss some bargain deals)
I have visited all 3, Magnum, Whitefield and Dakshin

First i went to Dakshin, then whitefiled and then Magnum
Magnum has been the Snobbbiest, It looks as though i am purchasing more than they are trying to sell with Magnum
Whitefiled and Dakshin are equally good, both their offer are apple to apple comparable, Only Dakshin has facelifted model for TD, If you are interested we can team up for addtional discount and bargain, PM me if you are interested. Wish you good luck in advance
Old 15th January 2010, 15:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does the side step garnish illumination work ? Is it not through electrical means ? If not, it would be a wiser choice to get it from the outside market.
There is already a wiring point for the side-step LED beneath the plastic cover of the door.. installation is pretty much easy... less than 2-3 minutes if you know your way out.. And, no need to cut through existing wiring..

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I have seen 2 types of side step garnish
one in showroom where there is a black plastic one which has CIVIC logo with Blue illumination(only in front doors and not on rear) and outside showroom where there is Stainless steel ones with blue LED CIVIC logo illumination (on all 4 doors), the ones outside showoom had 3M stickers below to stick them up , i dont know if its going to hold longer, the ones in showroom were nicely fitting properly though, cost wise outside it was 5-6K approx and in showroom first they said 10.3K and they were ready to give it for 5K later.
Last I checked, the LED side-step outside costs around 3K. There is another one.. one without the LED (only steel garnish with Civic marking) and it is much wider..

Old 15th January 2010, 18:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
From my experience (in Sep/Oct 2009), I felt Dakshin and Whitefield were better than Magnum in overall deal and experience. But Magnum was the one who initially talked about the discount, only then I was able to bargain with the other two. Finally Magnum didn't even stick to what they said earlier. Dakshin seemed a bit more professional than Whitefield. Magnum was ready to change the tires to Michelins from another Civic. Both Whitefield and Dakshin said its not possible due to warranty issues. Whitefield told me that even tire serial numbers are tied to VIN and its true. From the VIN number they told me the tire make when the car was in transit.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Chennai BHPians - Can you share your Civic buying experiences with the Honda dealers in Chennai. Thanks.

From what I have gathered thus far, I wouldn't care checking with Sundaram Honda and waste my time there. The others on the list are Capital Honda and Olympia Honda. So, any feedback around these two would be of immense help.

Last edited by rr_zen : 27th January 2010 at 19:31.
Old 30th January 2010, 17:46   #38
BHPian

Booked VMT polished metal metallic today from Whitefiled honda, waiting for delivery in a week or so.................:-)
Old 30th January 2010, 18:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. The Civic looks great in Polished Metal Metallic colour. Do share the details on the deal you got. Remember, I am in the same boat as you are !
Old 30th January 2010, 19:34   #40
BHPian

Congrats PenPavan

I was also in Whitefield Honda today. But the one near Shivajinagar. :-)

What was the deal you got? Corporate discount and all?
Which Loan and Which Insurance are you thinking of?

I am planning to go with SBI & Bajaj Allianz. Do let me know what White Field Honda provided?
Old 30th January 2010, 19:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Booked VMT polished metal metallic today from Whitefiled honda, waiting for delivery in a week or so.................:-)
Congratulations on the Civic Pavan, a wise choice indeed!
Old 30th January 2010, 20:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

I shall share what the Chennai dealers are prepared to offer on a Civic V MT.

Corporate Discount: 20,000 INR
Discount on Insurance(Honda Assurance): approx 10,000 INR - The price list shows 49K for insurance and the dealer is prepared to come down to 39K.

Other than the above, they (I had visited both Capital Honda and Olympia Honda) are not willing to offer anything more. The salesmen at both places have agreed to talk to their bosses and come back with what more they can do for me. Keeping fingers crossed !
Old 1st February 2010, 18:10   #43
BHPian

@rr_zen

This is funny. I have the rate sheet in front of me for White Field Honda. The insurance in the sheet written is 40,008 Rs. Looks like Chennai folks have a bumped up insurance of 49K and giving 10k discount. Man, so much of difference in Insurances also from Dealer to Dealer. But anyways, you are getting it for 39K.

PenPavan & rr_zen --> Did you guys try to get insurance quotes from outside?

I tried calling Bajaj Allianz and they flatly refuse to give quotes on any Honda product saying please contact Honda showroom for the same. I called in the 1800 number in Bajaj Allianz. I prefer the Bajaj Allianz to the others as part of Honda Assure.

I could get a quote from IFFCO Tokio though which is also under Honda Assure and for City, i can see 5K difference. When i asked the dealer - he said openly that they are making money on the Insurance deal and they are passing it to me in terms of 5K extra discount for accessories. I am not keen on 5K accesories from Honda as they are overpriced but they are not ready to budge on same 5K cash discount.

Do you guys also have the same problem with bajaj allianz quote?
Old 1st February 2010, 20:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

@hrmanju: I am yet to get a quote from outside. The argument of the sales guy at the dealership is that with Honda Assure you get covered for ECU, Tyres and Alloys which is not the case if you were to take insurance outside. I need to validate his statement. Also, he gave me a print-out of the benefits of the Honda Assure program. Will scan and upload the same soon.

And, by the way, I hope the insurance rate you have quoted (40008 INR) is for the Civic and not for the City as I see you have booked a City.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:

And, by the way, I hope the insurance rate you have quoted (40008 INR) is for the Civic and not for the City as I see you have booked a City.
Yeah it is for Civic. I just put that for your reference for the dealer rates in Bangalore and to point the differences in approach towards dealers in quoting rates and also to emphasize that it is best to shop around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks