Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Was this Post helpful for your knowledge about New Honda Civic
Yes 13 76.47%
No 3 17.65%
Not Sure 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Penpavan! When are you getting delivery?

As regards to Insurance, I was forced upon to take Honda Assurance (Which was introduced that time in Oct 2009 and was around 42K). But due to my relentless argument, the dealer succumbed to pressure and gave me the insurance from Reliance for just 24K. So, I guess, try insisting...
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

As regards to Insurance, I was forced upon to take Honda Assurance (Which was introduced that time in Oct 2009 and was around 42K). But due to my relentless argument, the dealer succumbed to pressure and gave me the insurance from Reliance for just 24K. So, I guess, try insisting...
Thank, Here also they started at 42K and now come down to 31K, i am still pursuing to bring it down to 25K - Delivery is likely this weekend
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Thank, Here also they started at 42K and now come down to 31K, i am still pursuing to bring it down to 25K - Delivery is likely this weekend
Are they quoting 31K for the Honda Assure thing or the regular one ?

Both Honda dealers I visited in Chennai (barring Sundaram Honda, of course) gave me an initial insurance quote of 49K (Honda Assure) on which they reduced to 39K finally. Also, I am being given to understand that Honda Assure covers components like ECU, Tyres, and Alloys which the other conventional insurance providers do not. Is this true ? I am confused. I dont want to end up being penny wise and pound foolish.

By the way, the salesman from Olympia Honda called me today and said he was prepared to offer free 3M sunfilm worth 4.5K and teflon coating worth 1.5K free in addition to the corporate discount and the insurance discount they had promised. I denied both (I have a reputed guy at 3M that has been doing this at my door step for so many years now and I am against teflon coating as well) but told him I would instead deduct that towards other accessories that I plan to buy.

Last edited by rr_zen : 2nd February 2010 at 19:33.
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Are they quoting 31K for the Honda Assure thing or the regular one ?

Both Honda dealers I visited in Chennai (barring Sundaram Honda, of course) gave me an initial insurance quote of 49K (Honda Assure) on which they reduced to 39K finally. Also, I am being given to understand that Honda Assure covers components like ECU, Tyres, and Alloys which the other conventional insurance providers do not. Is this true ? I am confused. I dont want to end up being penny wise and pound foolish.

By the way, the salesman from Olympia Honda called me today and said he was prepared to offer free 3M sunfilm worth 4.5K and teflon coating worth 1.5K free in addition to the corporate discount and the insurance discount they had promised. I denied both (I have a reputed guy at 3M that has been doing this at my door step for so many years now and I am against teflon coating as well) but told him I would instead deduct that towards other accessories that I plan to buy.

@rr_zen, i now have a best insurance offer as well, i will update my total package details soon after delivery this weekend, in all its turning out to be a best deal.
Old 3rd February 2010, 00:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rr_zen, i now have a best insurance offer as well, i will update my total package details soon after delivery this weekend, in all its turning out to be a best deal.
Congrats ! Do share all possible details which would help me in getting a good deal here as well. One word of caution though - Beware of fine print and ask alll possible questions w.r.t insurance (like what was told to me on the ECU, Alloys and Tyres). All the best mate !
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:42   #51
BHPian

I am planning to visit the dealer sometime next week. I will also try to get the fine details on what is the difference between Honda Assure and outside Insurance.

For ANHC, i am getting a 5K quote difference between Honda Assure (IFFCO Tokio) and IFFCO Tokio. Which i feel is a ripoff. I am going there to ask for reduction in price.

As far as accessories, if we can get Electrical fittings/tyre fittings done from the dealer, i think we should be good on the warranty front. Sunfilm, floor mats etc can be taken from outside. Honda is trying hard to push the car cover and tyre puncture kit for 3K which i think is over priced again.

Penpavan - Where are you getting your finance done? I applied to SBI on Monday. Submission took 30 minutes. (I could collect all the papers as i usually have photocopies of the required documents for all the work related travel). SBI told it will take 10 working days. I was ok with it as i wanted the delivery by Feb 14th only.

Question: Once loan is approved, you gather the DD/Cheque from your financial institute and take your remaining payment in the form of DD and visit the dealer. Pay the money. Car goes for Accessories fitting and then to RTO. Then the delivery. Correct?
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
As far as accessories, if we can get Electrical fittings/tyre fittings done from the dealer, i think we should be good on the warranty front.
What sort of tyre accessories are you referring to here ? Do the dealers permit upsizing of tyres if done at the dealership?
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:58   #53
BHPian

Nope, not the tyre upgrades. I meant the Wheel upgades like the Wheel Locks if you want it for "added" security.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for clarifying. Also, can you please check the differences between the regular insurance and Honda Assure in terms of what they cover/do not cover. I am speaking to my insurance agent tomorrow.
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
I am planning to visit the dealer sometime next week. I will also try to get the fine details on what is the difference between Honda Assure and outside Insurance.

For ANHC, i am getting a 5K quote difference between Honda Assure (IFFCO Tokio) and IFFCO Tokio. Which i feel is a ripoff. I am going there to ask for reduction in price.

As far as accessories, if we can get Electrical fittings/tyre fittings done from the dealer, i think we should be good on the warranty front. Sunfilm, floor mats etc can be taken from outside. Honda is trying hard to push the car cover and tyre puncture kit for 3K which i think is over priced again.

Penpavan - Where are you getting your finance done? I applied to SBI on Monday. Submission took 30 minutes. (I could collect all the papers as i usually have photocopies of the required documents for all the work related travel). SBI told it will take 10 working days. I was ok with it as i wanted the delivery by Feb 14th only.

Question: Once loan is approved, you gather the DD/Cheque from your financial institute and take your remaining payment in the form of DD and visit the dealer. Pay the money. Car goes for Accessories fitting and then to RTO. Then the delivery. Correct?
@hrmanju1 - i applied from SBM and got it approved in 2 days thanks to close contacts in SBM, you need to make all payment to dealer except the funds coming from loan and carry reciepts of your payment to dealer to the Bank to get the disbursement of loan. depending on bank you choose some banks send the DD to dealer directly or hand over it to you after approval,only when dealer gets all the money he will initiate registration process with RTO and then delivery to you
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
What sort of tyre accessories are you referring to here ? Do the dealers permit upsizing of tyres if done at the dealership?
atleast in bangalore, none of the honda dealers do tyre upgrades out of showroom
Old 5th February 2010, 16:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
atleast in bangalore, none of the honda dealers do tyre upgrades out of showroom
Visted stockyard to take a look - Delivery tomorrow.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

We have booked a Civic V AT yesterday. Total on road comes to 16.05 L after corporate discount and insurance from outside with NCB. Taking loan from SBI for 8 lacs.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:51   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
We have booked a Civic V AT yesterday. Total on road comes to 16.05 L after corporate discount and insurance from outside with NCB. Taking loan from SBI for 8 lacs.
Congats for the purchase. What is the colour of your hot looking babe? Waiting for a topic in the Initial Ownership forum!
Old 7th February 2010, 18:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Congats for the purchase. What is the colour of your hot looking babe? Waiting for a topic in the Initial Ownership forum!
Its Tafeta White. Will post a detailed buying experience after I take delivery next week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks