Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 08:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Very nice! Congrats on your purchase. I've always thought that Baleno was one of the most underrated cars in its class. Maruti really wasn't able to market and sell it properly.

Since you have just bought the car, I'd advise you to take to to MASS and get the minor issues fixed and also ask them to have a look over at the overall vehicle to ensure you don't get any surprises if and when you driving down some deserted highway. Of course since some MASS are also notorious for suggesting unnecessary fixes, do take a second opinion as well if anything seems fishy.
I would be heading to the MASS this week , I hope most of the spares would be available. Can you recommend and good MASS in pune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Congrats- I still own the Baleno we purchased in 2005. 66500 kms later..the engine still revvs up like a dream.
My suggestion would be to try mobil 1 synthetic oil in the next oil change..though a touch expensive..it makes the engine sing really well!
I also bought the Innova last year..but still prefer the Baleno in terms of pure driving pleasure.
The car is pretty reliable and built to last. You have made a smart choice.
Thanks ... the car sure is a treat to drive
Old 28th January 2010, 08:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congrats @Niks. Have a good time with it. Drive safe.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I would be heading to the MASS this week , I hope most of the spares would be available. Can you recommend and good MASS in pune?

Thanks ... the car sure is a treat to drive

I've always given my Marutis to Sai Service for service. If you go early on a weekday, you'll get proper attention and good service. Avoid weekends.

Ask to speak to the service manager and build up a relationship - that always helps. Once they know you are serious about the quality of work done on your car, they'll make sure they do good work.
Old 30th January 2010, 09:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey Congrats @Niks. Have a good time with it. Drive safe.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
I've always given my Marutis to Sai Service for service. If you go early on a weekday, you'll get proper attention and good service. Avoid weekends.

Ask to speak to the service manager and build up a relationship - that always helps. Once they know you are serious about the quality of work done on your car, they'll make sure they do good work.
Yup I was also thinking of going to Sai .

Where can I find aftermarket air bags/ABS/EBD equipment? What would be the approximate cost involved?
Old 30th January 2010, 09:52   #35
BHPian

Congratulations, you got a good deal. My Baleno is now at 45000 km and as good as new. It's a keeper.
BTW, if you have a good service guy, does not matter if you go to a MASS or not. Spares are available, and easily ordered if not already in stock.
I use Mobil 1, or Shell Helix Ultra, and the engine is like butter.
Old 30th January 2010, 16:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey niks , congratulations on your new acquisition. Used to be an ex-baleno owner and trust me the G16B is to die for. I used it to love it for its power in lower rpms. The 3rd gear was a real devil in itself.
Since you own a white baleno , here's some inspiration .

Second hand 1.6L car , Pune? EDIT : Bought Baleno-dsc_1896-large.jpg

Do you intend to keep it stock or go the FFE way ?
Old 30th January 2010, 19:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Congratulations, you got a good deal. My Baleno is now at 45000 km and as good as new. It's a keeper.
BTW, if you have a good service guy, does not matter if you go to a MASS or not. Spares are available, and easily ordered if not already in stock.
I use Mobil 1, or Shell Helix Ultra, and the engine is like butter.
Thanks , I'll get Mobil 1 I think in the first service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey niks , congratulations on your new acquisition. Used to be an ex-baleno owner and trust me the G16B is to die for. I used it to love it for its power in lower rpms. The 3rd gear was a real devil in itself.
Since you own a white baleno , here's some inspiration .

Attachment 277556

Do you intend to keep it stock or go the FFE way ?
Thanks .

I wont keep it stock but what is FFE (pardon my ignorance but is it free flow exhaust)

I want to do both visual and performance upgrades.

Priority goes like -
1. Airbags/ABS if possible in 50k budget.
2. Two tone (white black or red white) styling with racing stripes , complemented by interiors.
3. Air Filter and free flow exhaust to begin with
4. Good steering and gear knob
5. Good ICE
6. Lower profile tyres and upsized rims (15")
7. More performance mods

But all this will keep on happening one by one in like 1-2 years time. Any inputs on this (pics or link to threads) would be great.

Last edited by niks_devil666 : 30th January 2010 at 19:46.
Old 30th January 2010, 19:53   #38
BHPian

Congrats Niks on your Baleno! It was my dream car till Elantra CRDI usurped its positon to get to the top spot though i still ogle at Balenos i meet on the road!! Wishes for you to enjoy many jolly rides with her.
BTW, what is this hdme.eu in your sig? It seems to be closed out for new signups.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I wont keep it stock but what is FFE (pardon my ignorance but is it free flow exhaust)
Yeah that's the one.

Lets get a little practical here

Quote:
1. Airbags/ABS if possible in 50k budget.
Out of question since I have rarely heard of someone retrofitting airbags in a car in India. ABS is out of question since your ECU wont support it.

Quote:
2. Two tone (white black or red white) styling with racing stripes , complemented by interiors.
Keep it subtle, it sure will be a head turner. There are quite a few baleno's on this forum take a look at them.

Quote:
Air Filter and free flow exhaust to begin with
Definitely recommended and trust me the car is gonna be a hoot to drive around provided you get street spec' headers made.

Quote:
4. Good steering and gear knob
5. Good ICE
Save that money for a rainy day.

Quote:
6. Lower profile tyres and upsized rims (15")
Why lower profile tyres, you really wanna feel every ant you drive over on the roads ? With 15 inch wheels this is gonna be you up-size options

- 195/55/R15
- 205/50/R15

The 195's are a better choice. Check my gallery you can see my older car's pics there.

Quote:
More performance mods
You wont ever run short of ideas here with regards to performance mods . Good luck and happy pimping. My idea is " keep it simple like a sleeper" .
Old 31st January 2010, 08:25   #40
BHPian

^ Saw the pics they are great. Alloys are cool. Any chance of getting the smoked tail lamps and or smoked headlamps/projectors?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks