Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 11:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Do these cars lose so much value in 3 yrs? Civic AT for 7L is like a 5-6L loss - considering new price was 12-13L. Whatever happened to the Honda/Toyota resale value? Maybe it does not apply to this segment and up.

I would have surely taken a Civic, at the prices you are getting.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:02   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Do these cars lose so much value in 3 yrs? Civic AT for 7L is like a 5-6L loss - considering new price was 12-13L. Whatever happened to the Honda/Toyota resale value?
You should see the prices of Accords & Camrys then . I'm getting 2006 Accord V6' for the exact same price as a 2006 Civic. Note that the latter was like 40% cheaper!

Drives home the fact, the more expensive the car, the more you will lose. Example : 2 year old S Class' for 40 lakhs (1/2 the original price).

The Honda City remains the only Honda which commands a strong resale. For obvious reason. Relatively mass appeal product + popularity.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, Ashish, in your place, with a 10 L Budget, I would look at a new vehicle, there are quite a few good ones available.

Below point is interesting & worth checking out if available -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
If you can stretch your budget by ~75k, you can easily get a new Altis AT in Delhi with about 15k on the odo. The Altis is better than the old Corolla.
(PS: So the plans for a SUV are now officially out of the window???)
Old 29th January 2010, 11:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You should see the prices of Accords & Camrys then . I'm getting 2006 Accord V6' for the exact same price as a 2006 Civic. Note that the latter was like 40% cheaper!

Drives home the fact, the more expensive the car, the more you will lose. Example : 2 year old S Class' for 40 lakhs (1/2 the original price).

The Honda City remains the only Honda which commands a strong resale. For obvious reason. Relatively mass appeal product + popularity.
Looks like you haven't gone through 2004 V6 prices.. I was like when I heard the prices being offered. To be honest I would rather buy a new i10 then buying it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hmmm, Ashish, in your place, with a 10 L Budget, I would look at a new vehicle, there are quite a few good ones available.

Below point is interesting & worth checking out if available -

(PS: So the plans for a SUV are now officially out of the window???)
Dada, well 10L budget sounds to be low for my requirements. However, I found only Optra to fit in the bill, but in any case I would not go for Optra once again. So trying to get the better thing at a better pricing... :-)

(PS: Suman = GD = Same Suggestion :-D)
Old 29th January 2010, 17:04   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Looks like you haven't gone through 2004 V6 prices.. I was like when I heard the prices being offered. To be honest I would rather buy a new i10 then buying it
That's why the prices are so low, na? Because 99.99% of the market prefers a new hatch to a used luxo-sedan. Demand & supply....the less people that want it, the lower the price will be.

I've always believed that a new car's price is what the manufacturer wants it to be. However, it's the used car market that decides the real worth of a car. It's the junta having a say in the going rates of a particular model.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's why the prices are so low, na? Because 99.99% of the market prefers a new hatch to a used luxo-sedan. Demand & supply....the less people that want it, the lower the price will be.

I've always believed that a new car's price is what the manufacturer wants it to be. However, it's the used car market that decides the real worth of a car. It's the junta having a say in the going rates of a particular model.
That's what we are, 0.01% community who try to strike gold from the hay

Perfectly agree with your view, For Ex. - Outlander or Grand vitara may be great features & looks packed combo for customer. But one who pickups it up with bearing low mileage and used one is the winner in all sense.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys, something is finalized. will update with pictures I have heard they speak a lot
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ashish - What is it ? Come on ! Upload pics please
Old 6th February 2010, 10:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Finally it's here !!! Something at a lesser price of fully loaded Hyundai i20

I am in love with T-Horses !!
Old 6th February 2010, 10:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats - Eager to see the pics !!

T- Horses
Old 6th February 2010, 18:41   #26
BHPian

Where are the pictures ?

T- Horses - You mean Toyota! Waiting to know more
Old 8th February 2010, 09:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your patience guys, it was infact a busy weekend.

Sorry for the not posting more pictures apart from these two, reason being all tied up this weekend. We post up more pictures this weekend.

Presenting the The Toyota Corolla 2008 H1, 28000 Kms on ODO, everything stock, Scratch-less condition (Touchwood), Immaculate interiors (New car smell is still there). Car is in prestine condition and absolute silent in every sort of condition.

Price - ?? On the very same day a friend brought Fully Loaded i20 and when I showed up car to him and told prices I got it for he was like

Thanks to all who supported and special thanks to Vasudeva, Varun & Ishaan for pushing me towards Toyota, I owe you one guys. Initially I was inclined to Honda Civic, but somehow this deal struck on and I was kinda tied up to get it halfheartedly. But now I am very happy with my decision thanking my stars to get such a great deal.

I am in Love with my T-Horse
Attached Thumbnails
Which is worth Buying? EDIT: Bought Corolla, 2008 at a dream price-img00065201002011346.jpg  

Which is worth Buying? EDIT: Bought Corolla, 2008 at a dream price-img00074201002060910.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 12:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ashish ! That Corolla looks very sweet and well mantained. Lucky man

Could you not find a neater place for your photography ( Second Pic ! ) ??
Old 8th February 2010, 15:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Hey Ashish ! That Corolla looks very sweet and well mantained. Lucky man

Could you not find a neater place for your photography ( Second Pic ! ) ??
Thanks to parking chaos, don't worry the place is cleaner then it looks in picture. Looks like a wrong angel
Old 8th February 2010, 16:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Great buy ashthedivx. Now tell us the price. Congrats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks