Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 11:31   #16
Team-BHP Support

Aren't petrol BMW's more fun?No one suggesting that (unpractical?)
^^prefer maniac revs to turbo whoosh, the kick you get while shifting at close to red-line is nirvana(motorcycling terms)
Old 31st January 2010, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Among the 3 and A4, the a4 is a clear winner. With the corporate edition in the 3, you hardly get any features, plus the ride on those RFT's are bone jarring.

Go in for the 2.0 TFSI, its a gem of an engine with excellent performance as well. Altough getting colour options and delivery dates may be a problem.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:45   #18
BHPian

The Audi A4 2.0 TFSI - by far the best. Don't bother with the 1.8 or the 2.0 Diesel.

The 2.0 TFSI leaves the C class and 3 series gasping in terms of performance and/or features. I did extensive research before getting mine.
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant03 View Post
The Audi A4 2.0 TFSI - by far the best. Don't bother with the 1.8 or the 2.0 Diesel.

The 2.0 TFSI leaves the C class and 3 series gasping in terms of performance and/or features. I did extensive research before getting mine.
Yeah. I have gone through your thread. No pictures though. Is there any noticeable difference on the outside other than the 2.0tfsi badge? What was the on-road price you paid? Would be grateful if you'd help.
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Among the 3 and A4, the a4 is a clear winner. With the corporate edition in the 3, you hardly get any features, plus the ride on those RFT's are bone jarring.

Go in for the 2.0 TFSI, its a gem of an engine with excellent performance as well. Altough getting colour options and delivery dates may be a problem.
Apparently everyone is going crazy about the 2.0tfsi. Haven't driven a turbo petrol though. Is it that good? Driven a friend's 320d , it is unbelievably fast. There is so much torque , you just need a blip of the throttle to overtake.
So, both have roughly the same bhp figures and over 300 nm of torque.
Old 3rd February 2010, 03:05   #21
BHPian

No difference in exterior.

I don't think you can compare the refinement of a petrol with a diesel, especially since you are getting such amazing torque with the petrol.

Plus, in terms of looks and interiors, size, road presence, the A4 leaves the 3 far behind.
Old 3rd February 2010, 07:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

ME too would vote for the audi a4 . Did you check out the a4 2.0tdi. thats supposed to be pretty good and is super economical. Anyways with respect to your choice the a4 2.0 turbo petrol is awesome and one test drive of the vehicle will make you fall for it.
By the way my dad is also getting an A4 in march and i have convinced him to go for the 3.0tdi. Thats a beast also . works up to 43 lakhs on road in chennai with the optional bang and olufsen system and the 18 inchers.
I did take a testdrive of the 2.0 tfsi and was hugely impressed.
And also the torque figures between the 320d and the 2.0tfsi are just around 2 kgm withthe uper hand going to the 320d.Its just that the torque is more available and useable because of the small powerband and the availability of the torque at a very low rpm, the characteristic of an oil burner. On the other hand with your audi you have an engine thats so revvable .
Think you will have more fun with the Audi.
Cheers.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 3rd February 2010 at 07:40.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:09   #23
BHPian

hi micky
Not considering Honda Accord 3.5L V6?

Anyhow, Go for BMW - some decisions are meant to be taken by heart
goodluck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks