Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:12   #1
BHPian

Ready to book Skoda Superb 1.8. TSI -- Any precautions to take at this stage?

I have decided to book the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI and was wondering if there any precautions I should take at this stage?
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ivar, what kind of precautions are you referring to? We've had quite a few members pick up the 1.8TSI of late, it would be best if you were to PM them for their thoughts & guidance. Or, you can check out some of these threads -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ver-learn.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-team-bhp.html

Have fun!
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

The best precaution would be to pray that you get a good piece.

After booking, do visit your religious establishment (temple,church, etc) everyday till the delivery date. After that on day of delivery take the car to your religious establishment again.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:25   #4
BHPian

An excellent car

But its only the service part that you need to be bothered about. As taken from the TD sections of TBhp

Quote:
" In one word : Awful. Skoda owners unanimously agreed upon the woefully poor after-sales service offered by this premium car manufacturer. Our reviewers were unhappy with the shoddy service and quality of work done by the authorised service centers. A care-a-damn attitude, reports of cheating / malpractices / over-charging and lack of company support make them rank at the bottom of the pile. "
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:25   #5
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Insist on a manufacturing date that is within 1-2 months of booking date. Ask that you be informed when the vehcile leaves the plant itself.

Insist that you need a fresh piece that should be shipped from the plant and not be in the dealer warehouse.

Congrats on your choice.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:38   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Insist on a manufacturing date that is within 1-2 months of booking date. Ask that you be informed when the vehcile leaves the plant itself.

Insist that you need a fresh piece that should be shipped from the plant and not be in the dealer warehouse.

Congrats on your choice.
Thanks. I also plan to insist on getting a 2010 year of manufacture car. So far they are shipping 2009 manufactured cars.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:35   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm also in the same boat as you. Dad is considering the Laura along with the Civic and Altis.

Any known problems regarding the clutch? Engine?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:54   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The best precaution would be to pray that you get a good piece.
I'd say, the best precaution would be to research & zero in on a good dealer. Am sure Delhi has a couple of options to choose from. Search through the forum for user experiences, and book with the most reputable Skoda dealership there is.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hmm , Best option - Cancel your booking

If you end up getting a lemon . You'll have to wait more than a year for our courts to help you out. This has to be the only risk in buying this car. Good luck.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Please refer to owner Harishv's thread.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Very impressive engine, 160bhp from 1800cc, loaded car, needs 500ml of synthetic oil per 1000kms, 95 oct petrol if you can; my take on the TSI
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:38   #12
BHPian

your troubles if at all will start with the dealers. i suggest you visit multiple dealerships and get a good experience of how things work there. this will give you a good idea of what you are up against!
i think checking out the service workshops and just talking to the people sometimes gives out little hints and signals. also confirm what type of petrol to be used. senior members and superb owners would able to guide you.And then finally just take a deep breath and let go of all the tensions. a car like superb is awesome. And as this is the flagship model i am sure they will give you royal/right (treatment). so just choose the right dealership and just do it!

Last edited by Caramelo : 23rd February 2010 at 14:40.
Old 27th February 2010, 14:14   #13
BHPian

Ready to book Skoda Superb 1.8. TSI -- if any person has word of caution speak up now

I have read so much about the faulty Skoda cars, the pathetic after sales response and costly spares that each time I decide to go in for the SuperbTSI I learn something terrible about it. For example, two days ago, I stumbled upon the car parked very near my residence. On enquiry, the chauffeur told me that the car was "good" but its engine had seized after a month's use as there was insufficient gear box and differential oil in it at the time of delivery. It took Krishna Auto, Chandigarh, one month to get it back on the road and that too after calling in a Skoda engineer from Bangalore.

On the other hand, I spoke to an owner of the car, whose name was given to me by Krishna Auto, who was all praise for the vehicle. He has done 14900 km in the past six months with no problems of any kind at all.

So I thought, I'll once again ask members for their latest views on the car, which is getting rave reviews.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 27th February 2010 at 14:16.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:32   #14
BHPian

Well you have the classic perspective Skoda owner dilemma. See from what i know Skoda cars sell a lot. But the fact of the the matter is most of the people are not aware of horrendous after sales stories. Now you`ll be spending 20-25 l on the Superb.
Without doubt it`s a great car, but you`ll be constantly living in the fear that if it breaks down then they`ll be hell to pay. I don't think after spending a huge amount you want a restless mind.
With all due respect to Skoda owners, personally i would not go for the car, but that just my opinion.
In case you decide to go for the car make sure you obtain more details of the dealer regarding service delivery. If you seem satisfied then maybe you could think of the purchase else if it doesnt seem convincing i`d let it go, no matter how good the car is.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:31   #15
mkh
Senior - BHPian

You will always get more happy owners than unahppy ones. Else the company would have shut down long back.
The point is this- do you want to spend 20 lacs and have this sword of damocles hanging over your head that anytime there maybe a problem with the car that could be lfie threatning or least can make your visits to service center a pain
THATS the golden question prospective Skoda owners are to struggle with seeing the horrendous issues some have faced.
You need to take your chances if you like the car, maybe knowing some people in the company will help
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks